Anthony Pettis future Champion??

The potential is most definitely there. I can't wait for his fight with Cerrone. That will be a barn burner for sure.

I agree, he could of for sure beat Edgar hands down. It's a bad match up for Edgar. Really he's the only one in my eyes that can beat Bendo.
Are you really going to allow a preposterous post like yours to stand?
You have just qualified yourself as a buffoon, and I've got no dog in the hunt.

He is very quick and would be a stylistic nightmare for a lot of the larger, high-ranked lightweights (Gray Maynard, Bendo).

I can't wait for the Cerrone fight. Its going to be a war.

He'll be the Lebron James of MMA when given more opportunities. I really believe that. Capped off his WEC career by handing the current UFC champ his only loss in his last 18 fights, and it happened in spectacular fashion. He had a bump in the road or two while adjusting to the UFC. Then he came out with his best performance in his 3rd, beating Joe Lauzon in more pettis convincing fashion than any opponent in his 14-fight UFC career. Pettis is a special talent, whose career we finally have the privilege of seeing unfold on the biggest stage after a battle with injuries.
As always i agree with everything you say about pettis :D

Are you really going to allow a preposterous post like yours to stand?
You have just qualified yourself as a buffoon, and I've got no dog in the hunt.

Yes, it's standing and I believe it's accurate. He's a bad matchup for either guy. Buffoon? Get outta here with that BS. You are a douche.

He's definitely top-5 material, but Bendo would take the rematch convincingly.

Pettis is the most complete fighter out there period. He will be champ again. He has the KO power, the agility, speed, endurance, skill, talent, and well roundedness to beat anyone in the division...he will dominate Cerrone on his way to a second fight against Bendo which he will win again.

Most complete fighter? WTF?

Yes, it's standing and I believe it's accurate. He's a bad matchup for either guy. Buffoon? Get outta here with that BS. You are a douche.

A buffoon who can say dirty words, whoooo. You're disgusting.

Pettis already was champ in 2010 bro.

He lost his championship to Guida which was then immediately taken back by Bendo. If Pettis beats Cerrone and gets a title shot this year than I think he gets his belt back.

You have an awesome sig man.

A buffoon who can say dirty words, whoooo. You're disgusting.

I don't just say dumb shit like you. I respect everyone's opinion, even if I don't agree with it. Take your BS somewhere else man. If you wanna discuss the topic then do so, if not shut the hell up.

Did you watch the whole fight? It was nothing like the Guida fight. He was up on Bendo before the showtime kick but it was very close.

I didn't say the fights were alike. But the fact remains. Pettis' lack of wrestling won't win him titles.

You're making up stuff. He got like 3 TD's in 5 rounds and Pettis stood up or swept pretty soon after all of them. Pettis was comfortably winning the 5th round before the Showtime Kick. This is one of the biggest myths in MMA that Pettis needed that to win. It only sealed the win. Bendo would have needed a strong flurry, which he was too spent and beaten to mount, at the end. Pettis drilled Bendo with a flying knee, 1-2 that knocked him backward, hook, body punches, and got him to trip over his own feet. All Bendo did was take him down for 40 secs and take his back briefly, only to soon get swept, and Bendo got his back taken briefly as well. You look at a highlight package of the 5th round, and a high majority of the highlights are Pettis', not just the Showtime kick. Pettis actually won 4 rounds according to a good portion of people, including a judge, and Fight Metric had it 3.5 to 1.5. Pettis was in pole position before the kick. That's the reality. Stating otherwise is revisionist history.

Pettis was losing the fight on my card. Not making anything up.

Round 1: Goes to Bendo
Round 2: Could go either way, slightly Pettis
Round 3: Goes to Pettis
Round 4: Goes to Bendo
Round 5: Up until the Showtime kick I had Bendo winning the round and if Pettis had just barely won the round on points I don't think it would've been enough to take a decision.

Thus why I said the showtime kick won Pettis that fight because it solidified the challenger decisively defeating the champion 3 out of 5 rounds instead of a close 3 out of 5 round win.

not if bendo has anything to say about it. i really feel like gilbert melendez or gray maynard are the only too at 155 in the world right now that can beat bendo, and believe me i know pettis beat bendo in the wec but times are a changin

Guida beat him homeslice.

I still can't believe he pulled off what he did on Bendo considering how their post WEC stints have gone. Maynard vs Pettis would be a sick no. 1 contender match and I see Pettis losing that one decisively.

Guida beat Diaz too, whats your point?

Pettis was losing the fight on my card. Not making anything up.

Round 1: Goes to Bendo
Round 2: Could go either way, slightly Pettis
Round 3: Goes to Pettis
Round 4: Goes to Bendo
Round 5: Up until the Showtime kick I had Bendo winning the round and if Pettis had just barely won the round on points I don't think it would've been enough to take a decision.

Thus why I said the showtime kick won Pettis that fight because it solidified the challenger decisively defeating the champion 3 out of 5 rounds instead of a close 3 out of 5 round win.

Like when Bendo fell down to the ground, scared to get hit, when all Pettis did was feint a punch?

The potential is most definitely there. I can't wait for his fight with Cerrone. That will be a barn burner for sure.

First positive post in this whole thread. Lot of people selling Cerrone short. I think this fight can go either way.

Back