Anthony Pettis future Champion??

I guess Hamill won against Jones too and thats all that matters :icon_lol:

Yea because winning by DQ when you got dominated the whole fight and winning a UD against a guy considered to be one of the best in the division are the same thing...

You really don't think he's in the top 5? Are you serious? Anyone that doesn't think he is in the top 5 is absolutely crazy.

1- Edgar
2- Maynard
3- Henderson
4- Miller
5- Chandler/cerrone
6- Melendez
7- Alvarez
8- Diaz
9- Guida
10- Pettis

Well if you're trying to be rational I don't see how you can only pick and chose which fights you want to evaluate. What about the fight immediately proceeding that fight? Where he fought and beat a guy bigger stronger and tougher than guida? And the next fight where stephens tried to employee the same exact guida strategy and pettis showed that he can wrestle and take people down. Or the latest fight where he showed why people are so scared to stand with him?

Have you read the entire thread? I have mentioned all of these things in the course of it to support my argument. I was specifically bringing up the Guida fight to respond to the other guy, which is why I was focusing on it. Feel free to read my comments about the others.

I never said he won the fight because he obviously lost but he did more.You can't argue that. Of course I wouldn't give Condit the fight and I didn't give Pettis the fight with Guida. GSP also did more than hold his opponent down like Guida, so the comparison isn't really that great.

Right, that's my exact point. If you've got a basically even fight where one guy is on the bottom attacking with subs and the other is keeping him there while thwarting his attacks, who do you objectively give the fight to? There are very, very few I could in good conscience give to the guy on bottom and you admit the Pettis fight wasn't one of them for you. Whether or not if you liked the fight, agreed with the decision or not it doesn't matter because Pettis lost and he'll lose again if someone does the same thing to him.

1- Edgar
2- Maynard
3- Henderson
4- Miller
5- Chandler/cerrone
6- Melendez
7- Alvarez
8- Diaz
9- Guida
10- Pettis

Well Edgar and Guida are no longer in the LW division. Alvarez and Melendez haven't fought in the UFC yet and Chandler will be in Bellator for quite a while. He's top 5 in the UFC, even with those guys it would be the same.

Have you read the entire thread? I have mentioned all of these things in the course of it to support my argument. I was specifically bringing up the Guida fight to respond to the other guy, which is why I was focusing on it. Feel free to read my comments about the others.

Right, that's my exact point. If you've got a basically even fight where one guy is on the bottom attacking with subs and the other is keeping him there while thwarting his attacks, who do you objectively give the fight to? There are very, very few I could in good conscience give to the guy on bottom and you admit the Pettis fight wasn't one of them for you. Whether or not if you liked the fight, agreed with the decision or not it doesn't matter because Pettis lost and he'll lose again if someone does the same thing to him.

I think Pettis should of won for being more active and at least trying to do something to his opponent but that's not how it works. If you are on top doing nothing you still win the fight on the cards. It's BS in my opinion. Lay N prayers should not be awarded decisions for holding someone down and not trying to finish but I understand what you are saying at the same time.

Back