Anthony Pettis future Champion??

The guy got out muscled and beat by a 145'er. He literally laid on his back with no offense, just laid there holding on for dear life hoping it was going to be stood up. Then when he does get to his feet he just tries kicking off the cage. If this guy gets in the cage with a real wrestler at 155 hes gonna be fucked.

The kick on Bendo, which secured him the decision, was a stroke of luck and is his biggest accomplishment.
Aside from that, he won't become champ, he falls just a bit short on certain skills to get past the top tier.
Also, he is too arrogant for his own good, probably his biggest flaw.

The guy got out muscled and beat by a 145'er. He literally laid on his back with no offense, just laid there holding on for dear life hoping it was going to be stood up. Then when he does get to his feet he just tries kicking off the cage. If this guy gets in the cage with a real wrestler at 155 hes gonna be fucked.

facepalm-gif-45.gif

The kick on Bendo, which secured him the decision, was a stroke of luck and is his biggest accomplishment.
Aside from that, he won't become champ, he falls just a bit short on certain skills to get past the top tier.
Also, he is too arrogant for his own good, probably his biggest flaw.

His biggest accomplishment is beating the current Lightweight champ you're right.

too bad Pettis will have to start over after Cerrone is done with him. Cerrone seems like he doesnt really care about the belt. Too much attention. He just wants to fight and get paid. Pettis is the kind of striker that Cerrone likes to fight. just my opinion

too bad Pettis will have to start over after Cerrone is done with him. Cerrone seems like he doesnt really care about the belt. Too much attention. He just wants to fight and get paid. Pettis is the kind of striker that Cerrone likes to fight. just my opinion

Cerrone is the type of fighter pettis likes. Someone who won't be trying lay on him the entire fight.

I would love to see it! If he can get back to working on his TDD and get it to where it was when he fought Bendo I could see him working up to a title shot but don't think he could be Henderson again

My opinion is that pettis isn't getting the love he usually.gets in the wec because lets face it, his transition to the ufc sucked ass. Edgar and Maynard getting a draw which put pettis back to the shelf and Lnp by guida that set him back even more and then theres the shoulder injury.

I think he'll take Bendo's belt again. I'd pick him to beat Guida in a rematch, he arguably won the first fight.

Pettis is a very smart and unpredictable fighter, no one will have an easy time with him. Also, I'm really not sure why people think Maynard would beat him so easily. Anthony would have a field day with him standing.

it is my belief Pettis will NEVER be champ, i'm ok with that.

That fight was up in the air in that last round. Anyone could have taken it.

Where does it imply that I said Bendo was dominating the fight? or that he was domiating the 5th round? I think he was edging the round and even if he would have lost slightly on points the judges would have most likely given Bendo the nod because he was champ and Pettis didn't decisively beat the champ without a significant blow or knockdown in that round and overall wouldn't have done enough to win most likely.

Cerrone is the type of fighter pettis likes. Someone who won't be trying lay on him the entire fight.

I'm willing to bet Pettis dives for takedowns on Cerrone instead of trying to strike. Cerrone will light Pettis up on the feet.

Where does it imply that I said Bendo was dominating the fight? or that he was domiating the 5th round? I think he was edging the round and even if he would have lost slightly on points the judges would have most likely given Bendo the nod because he was champ and Pettis didn't decisively beat the champ without a significant blow or knockdown in that round and overall wouldn't have done enough to win most likely.

You didn't say any of that and I never claimed you did. You said Benson would probably get the decision but that whole round right before the kick was still up in the air. It was anyones fight all this talk about he was the champ and all that doesn't matter thats just something people made up in boxing and people think carries over to MMA.

Pettis won two rounds from Bendo so saying he most likely wouldn't have done anything else to take the round is silly.

I'm willing to bet Pettis dives for takedowns on Cerrone instead of trying to strike. Cerrone will light Pettis up on the feet.

Cerrone, a supposed great kickboxer, couldn't out strike diaz who is notorious for poor kick defense. And cerrone got lit up. Pettis is far to accurate for some one with poor defense like cerrone to not have success standing.

Back