Crime Another mass shooting: Birmingham, AL

So we have a gang war shooting.

Odds are the shooters have a criminal past and most likely could not own a gun legally.

Most likely some if not all of them have been caught with an illegal gun in the past.

I wonder what could have possibly prevent them from doing this.

I don't know maybe is they were in prison still serving time for being in possession of a gun illegally because of their criminal past.

I wonder what could have possibly prevent them from doing this.

tumblr_m89ltcoEiO1rpduwho1_500.gif

Wow that's pretty racist.

The joke definitely did not land, but I've also been in both Lebanese and Israeli owned hookah lounges in Los Angeles.
too bad we cant do anything about all these mass murders.
and nows, not the time to talk about a solution.

well more thoughts and prayers I guess.

Maybe we need prayers to different gods?

Improved universal background checks on gun sales, nationwide tracking of gun sales, closing gun show loopholes and regulating online gun sales as well as gun parts sales, improved reporting for schools and mental health practitioners to a federal database checked when purchasing guns?

Oh does hip hop culture nit glorify blocks with switches? Like will I not be able to find dozens of music videos on YouTube all literally about that one topic?
Like literally everyone listens to hiphop....you are gonna blame Eminem and Kendrick Lamar for this? You might as well start blaming GTA 5 and every FPS game ever too.

Honest dialogue would start with you being honest yourself, and not intentionally conflating “immigration “ that you claim people are concerned with when it turns violent… with “border jumping illegals” which people are certainly concerned with when it turns violent. Legal US immigrants aren’t generally a problem, they’re an asset.

The reason people are pissed off when gang affiliated illegals commit murder on our soil is because it’s the easiest fucking problem on earth for us to solve, but somehow the solution eludes us.

When a bunch of inner city thuggies shoot each other up, or a bullied high school nerd goes on a rampage, there’s not a lot we can do about it without trampling the rights of hundreds of millions of law abiding citizens.

I don’t think that’s true. Right wingers certainly make it into a story if they think they can tie it in with immigration or something. This incident is being covered by a bunch of media outlets, it certainly seems like a story. But I guess we could just table the discussion until the next time a bunch of innocent children are gunned down. That should open up an honest dialogue.

Well according to the anti 2nd let's take the guns from legal gun owners. That will stop the criminals from having then.

Punish the law abiding because of criminals.

Not to hold the criminals responsible after all "that's not fair".

Well according to the anti 2nd let's take the guns from legal gun owners. That will stop the criminals from having then.

Punish the law abiding because of criminals.

Not to hold the criminals responsible after all "that's not fair".

Criminals in gun free countries struggle to get guns.

Criminals where guns are massively prevalent almost never struggle to get guns whether they're "allowed" them or not.

Honest dialogue would start with you being honest yourself, and not intentionally conflating “immigration “ that you claim people are concerned with when it turns violent… with “border jumping illegals” which people are certainly concerned with when it turns violent. Legal US immigrants aren’t generally a problem, they’re an asset.

The reason people are pissed off when gang affiliated illegals commit murder on our soil is because it’s the easiest fucking problem on earth for us to solve, but somehow the solution eludes us.
Federal data shows that only 0.09 percent of illegal immigrant detainees come from Central American gangs, reports the Associated Press. Instead, it’s often people fleeing gangs who are trying to get into the United States. Seems like a rather niche issue to direct all gun violence to it. But I don't have any reservations on cracking down on it.

When a bunch of inner city thuggies shoot each other up, or a bullied high school nerd goes on a rampage, there’s not a lot we can do about it without trampling the rights of hundreds of millions of law abiding citizens.
Really? You think its that unstoppable. Why not invest more into mental health services and replenishing inner cities with better education departments or healthcare? Whose rights are being violated there?

Criminals in gun free countries struggle to get guns.

Criminals where guns are massively prevalent almost never struggle to get guns whether they're "allowed" them or not.
There's already roughly 500 million guns in America.

The joke definitely did not land, but I've also been in both Lebanese and Israeli owned hookah lounges in Los Angeles.

Improved universal background checks on gun sales, nationwide tracking of gun sales, closing gun show loopholes and regulating online gun sales as well as gun parts sales, improved reporting for schools and mental health practitioners to a federal database checked when purchasing guns?
What are the gun show loopholes? They do background checks on all gun purchases at gun shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnMicMMA
Back