Crime Three people killed, 10 wounded in Arkansas supermarket shooting

if only there was something america could do to get rid of guns...

i wonder what that would be...
Curious what you think it would be.

Just the first step of trashing the constitution seems like a pretty big hurdle itself, and that's before you even start on how you would "get rid" of the 400 million people already have.

If you have a plan to confiscate 400 million guns that people don't want to give you, maybe start with rounding up the illegal guns, then if that goes well, you can move on with the legal ones.

Why do you say that? Little Rock and the surrounding areas have their share of gangs.
Lol it's 70 miles away in Fordyce, in no way is Fordyce considered to be a surrounding area of Little Rock.

Fordyce is a small country city with very little crime. Source, I was born and raised in Little Rock.

Lol it's 70 miles away in Fordyce, in no way is Fordyce considered to be a surrounding area of Little Rock.

Fordyce is a small country city with very little crime. Source, I was born and raised in Little Rock.
The HBO documentary about gang bangin in Little Rock was pretty cool :cool: . As a youth I hoped that the gang banging being documented was sexual in nature, but I still enjoyed the program anyway.

The murderer was a White Male? Well damn.... jackpot! This will get endless media coverage, unless he is trans also.

The HBO documentary about gang bangin in Little Rock was pretty cool :cool: . As a youth I hoped that the gang banging being documented was sexual in nature, but I still enjoyed the program anyway.
They actually made 2, one in 1994 and another in 2004. Both are very good and I won multiple awards for my high school newspaper article on the 2004 sequel.

Yes, I wanted to brag.

You don't think we embrace the second amendment? You fuckin kidding me? When will adding more guns to the equation make things more safe? When is that tipping point? How many hundreds of millions more guns would it take?

The problem is, that many of these people don't give a shit if they live or die. They have access to guns that can kill a lot of people very quickly because of our embrace of the second amendment. The threat of death from more people with guns isn't going to make these types of people "kill themselves at home".

I'm sure plenty of others will though, adding 22,000 or so that do every year.

Considering that as a country we are always talking about some gun control and huge swaths of people think guns are evil and not an everyday part of life and there are several states where you can't carry at all , no I do not think we are embracing the second ammendment as we should.

Anytime one of these dickheads walks in somewhere and thinks they are gonna shoot people up and terrorize us I'd like to see them promptly shot by everyone else there. Let that happen a few times and let's start a new trend.

I believe in being armed and watching over your communities and I'm not sorry I feel that way in the slightest.

Fucking sad, man.

Should be a federal offense to publish the shooters name or any information about them. They should be erased from fucking history as punishment.

Stop making these people famous and they are less likely to lash out and do this.

It's just crazy assholes looking for attention before they off themselves. Maybe if they didn't have the opportunity, they'd put the effort into their lives and actually make it better, or just kill only themselves.

Considering that as a country we are always talking about some gun control and huge swaths of people think guns are evil and not an everyday part of life and there are several states where you can't carry at all , no I do not think we are embracing the second ammendment as we should.

Anytime one of these dickheads walks in somewhere and thinks they are gonna shoot people up and terrorize us I'd like to see them promptly shot by everyone else there. Let that happen a few times and let's start a new trend.

I believe in being armed and watching over your communities and I'm not sorry I feel that way in the slightest.

- *Talking* is the key word here. What major gun control legislation has been passed in response to mass shootings?

- Yea. Huge swaths of people think guns "are evil" because of the thousands of people that are killed by them each year. Are they not entitled to that opinion?

- What are the states where you can't carry at all?

- How do you determine who one of these dickheads is when they don't tell anyone until they start murdering people with their gun, that they acquired with no background check, because of FREEDOM?

-You don't need to feel sorry for your opinion. But I disagree in that arming more people will create a safer country. It hasn't worked so far.

They're covering these stories again. Must be an election year.

RIP to the victims.

I work Retail.

I'm surprised every large store in America doesn't look like the beach scene from Saving Private Ryan. ;)

But I disagree in that arming more people will create a safer country. It hasn't worked so far.
What major change has allowed this to happen for you to say this? Are more people allowed to carry in places today they weren't allowed to previously?

Another day another mass shooting.
Better pray, so you wont have to feel bad about not actually doing anything about the gun problem.

Yep completely agree
People need positive influences, which law enforcement and the powers that be just aren't providing

Remember 2a is for the people not those in charge, we need to break the cycle of dependence

People are already making prototypes, I'm hoping this is the beginning of change

sentry-turret.gif
- That gun thing is almost as stupid as letting Kevin Smith producing Motu!
Hope isn't a real gun!

There was a time when we had self-respect, it was promoted and encouraged, I might say, expected. We used to value our family and our name but we no longer uphold those standards societally. Somehow we don't recognize this issue and blame our ills on anything else... Reinforce standards...

Suspect identified.

FORDYCE, Ark. — Arkansas State Police (ASP) has named the suspected shooter in today’s Fordyce grocery store shooting as Travis Eugene Posey, 44, of New Edinburg.

Posey will be charged with three counts of Capital Murder. Additional charges are pending. He was treated for non-life-threatening injuries after exchanging gunfire with law enforcement, released to ASP custody, and transported to the Ouachita County Detention Center.

ASP’s Criminal Investigation Division is investigating the shooting that occurred on Friday, June 21, 2024, at approximately 11:38 a.m. at the Mad Butcher grocery store.

Fourteen people were injured from gunfire, including 11 civilians – three of whom were fatally wounded. Two of the 14 were law enforcement officers whose injuries are not considered life-threatening.

The civilian victims’ injuries range from non-life threatening to extremely critical.

View attachment 1049366

IT COUNTS!!!

I'm guessing later on we will learn that the shooter had some mental health problems. That tends to be common. I wish we had a better mental health system in the US. It used to be that before the 1970s more was done to help those with mental illness problems. Then cities began to cut costs, and it became more difficult to treat and help these people.

Charles Krauthammer used to write some good articles about this problem. One of his write ups ~

"The roots of mass murder"

Every mass shooting has three elements: the killer, the weapon and the cultural climate. As soon as the shooting stops, partisans immediately pick their preferred root cause with corresponding pet panacea. Names are hurled, scapegoats paraded, prejudices vented. The argument goes nowhere.

Let’s be serious:

(1) The Weapon

Within hours of last week’s Newtown, Conn., massacre, the focus was the weapon and the demand was for new gun laws. Several prominent pro-gun Democrats remorsefully professed new openness to gun control. Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) is introducing a new assault weapons ban. And the president emphasized guns and ammo above all else in announcing the creation of a new task force.

I have no problem in principle with gun control. Congress enacted (and I supported) an assault weapons ban in 1994. The problem was: It didn’t work. (So concluded a University of Pennsylvania study commissioned by the Justice Department.) The reason is simple. Unless you are prepared to confiscate all existing firearms, disarm the citizenry and repeal the Second Amendment, it’s almost impossible to craft a law that will be effective.

502 Bad Gateway

Feinstein’s law, for example, would exempt 900 weapons. And that’s the least of the loopholes. Even the guns that are banned can be made legal with simple, minor modifications.

Most fatal, however, is the grandfathering of existing weapons and magazines. That’s one of the reasons the ’94 law failed. At the time, there were 1.5 million assault weapons in circulation and 25 million large-capacity (i.e., more than 10 bullets) magazines. A reservoir that immense can take 100 years to draw down.

(2) The Killer

Monsters shall always be with us, but in earlier days they did not roam free. As a psychiatrist in Massachusetts in the 1970s, I committed people — often right out of the emergency room — as a danger to themselves or to others. I never did so lightly, but I labored under none of the crushing bureaucratic and legal constraints that make involuntary commitment infinitely more difficult today.

Why do you think we have so many homeless? Destitution? Poverty has declined since the 1950s. The majority of those sleeping on grates are mentally ill. In the name of civil liberties, we let them die with their rights on.

A tiny percentage of the mentally ill become mass killers. Just about everyone around Tucson shooter Jared Loughner sensed he was mentally ill and dangerous. But in effect, he had to kill before he could be put away — and (forcibly) treated.

Random mass killings were three times more common in the 2000s than in the 1980s, when gun laws were actually weaker. Yet a 2011 University of California at Berkeley study found that states with strong civil commitment laws have about a one-third lower homicide rate.

Default Mono Sans Mono Serif Sans Serif Comic Fancy Small Caps
Default X-Small Small Medium Large X-Large XX-Large
Default Outline Dark Outline Light Outline Dark Bold Outline Light Bold Shadow Dark Shadow Light Shadow Dark Bold Shadow Light Bold
Default Black Silver Gray White Maroon Red Purple Fuchsia Green Lime Olive Yellow Navy Blue Teal Aqua OrangeDefault 100% 75% 50% 25% 0%
Default Black Silver Gray White Maroon Red Purple Fuchsia Green Lime Olive Yellow Navy Blue Teal Aqua OrangeDefault 100% 75% 50% 25% 0%
America’s cowboy mentality

Guns don't kill people — some guns kill many people. (Ann Telnaes/The Washington Post)
(3) The Culture

We live in an entertainment culture soaked in graphic, often sadistic, violence. Older folks find themselves stunned by what a desensitized youth finds routine, often amusing. It’s not just movies. Young men sit for hours pulling video-game triggers, mowing down human beings en masse without pain or consequence. And we profess shock when a small cadre of unstable, deeply deranged, dangerously isolated young men go out and enact the overlearned narrative.

If we’re serious about curtailing future Columbines and Newtowns, everything — guns, commitment, culture — must be on the table. It’s not hard for President Obama to call out the NRA. But will he call out the ACLU? And will he call out his Hollywood friends?

The irony is that over the last 30 years, the U.S. homicide rate has declined by 50 percent. Gun murders as well. We’re living not through an epidemic of gun violence but through a historic decline.

Except for these unfathomable mass murders. But these are infinitely more difficult to prevent. While law deters the rational, it has far less effect on the psychotic. The best we can do is to try to detain them, disarm them and discourage “entertainment” that can intensify already murderous impulses.

But there’s a cost. Gun control impinges upon the Second Amendment; involuntary commitment impinges upon the liberty clause of the Fifth Amendment; curbing “entertainment” violence impinges upon First Amendment free speech.

That’s a lot of impingement, a lot of amendments. But there’s no free lunch. Increasing public safety almost always means restricting liberties.

We made that trade after 9/11. We make it every time the Transportation Security Administrationinvades your body at an airport. How much are we prepared to trade away after Newtown?

Back