Alexander Volkanovski Doesn’t Want To Test Islam Makhachev’s Gas Tank

You don't remember any of this?

Dan Hooker made a tweet about it. Accusing Islam of using an IV. Islam Management answered back via Twitter and said yes, we did use an IV but it's ok because it was only a certain amount of milliliters and they only did it in the 12 hour window

shortly after posting this tweet, they realize that all IVs are actually banned in Australia and they deleted the tweet

The tweet is shown two minutes into the video

Ali wasn't even there, right? One very likely scenario is that, being the absolute moron and blowhard that he is, Ali thought he would fly to Islam's defense by citing rules which did not apply to the location where the fight was actually taking place. He then realised his mistake and deleted the tweet.

I find this many times more likely than Ali accidentally spilling the beans on Twitter ...and you would too if you didn't yearn so much for the other version to be true.

I'm really curious about Volk's game plan. He said this will be the most dangerous version of him and he's gonna finish Islam quick. Volk is not the type of guy to say things for show, he really means it. Leg kicks are a big part of his game, I'm sure it's gonna help him a lot in the rematch. I was curious why he didn't throw any leg kicks. This explains a lot.

I'm not sure how to feel about Volk's mindset in regards to this fight. Other than him being confident, his mindset is very different than it was in all his past fights. Maybe he is right and it will make him more dangerous, but we'll see. I've always considered Volk's preparation and gameplanning as one of the attributes that sets him apart from other good fighters, so to see him go into a fight without prep is worrisome to me. I'm always rooting for the guy though.

Ali Abdelaziz went full damage control on Twitter and deleted the posts hours later after they backfired lol. But, yeah, some people would say there is "no proof", so we can't say anything. To the wise, half word is enough is what they say... That Ali behavior says enough.

There is as much proof of Islam using an IV as charles cutting himself to get out of the fight

I'm not sure how to feel about Volk's mindset in regards to this fight. Other than him being confident, his mindset is very different than it was in all his past fights. Maybe he is right and it will make him more dangerous, but we'll see. I've always considered Volk's preparation and gameplanning as one of the attributes that sets him apart from other good fighters, so to see him go into a fight without prep is worrisome to me. I'm always rooting for the guy though.
I think he might even aim for a first round finish, Volk caught him pretty flush early with a shift combination in their first fight that rocked Islam.
Sometimes it's easier to get a guy like Islam out of there early instead of the later rounds where the adrenaline is way higher. Basically catch him early and off guard when things are just settling in.

Now him being even heavier on the front here then he was last time around definitely opens him up for counters and Islam can crack hard enough to hurt Volk. We've seen it before when Volk stayed in the pocket too long.
Overall Volk seems confident, but I can't lie it's a bit worrisome with how he's talking since this sounds like you said this doesn't sound similar to his usual fight style and a very risky strategy to do against a guy as good as Islam.

There is as much proof of Islam using an IV as charles cutting himself to get out of the fight
This is no proof, but he went full damage control and this can't be changed. For the wise, half word is enough and his weird behavior after Hooker throwing the "news" says enough to us all.

Volk has to finish this early and he knows it.. The one advantage Volk has over Islam and he won't even have it this time.. Smh..

People say he has nothing to lose but I disagree. Another loss to Islam and that's it for his dreams of being double champ.

Sucks they couldn't find a LW to replace Olivs and save this one for another time when both are well prepared

Volk has to finish this early and he knows it.. The one advantage Volk has over Islam and he won't even have it this time.. Smh..

People say he has nothing to lose but I disagree. Another loss to Islam and that's it for his dreams of being double champ.

Sucks they couldn't find a LW to replace Olivs and save this one for another time when both are well prepared

He's already the best ever FW although it's such a young sport. He needs something to chase so the man is going for it

Ali wasn't even there, right? One very likely scenario is that, being the absolute moron and blowhard that he is, Ali thought he would fly to Islam's defense by citing rules which did not apply to the location where the fight was actually taking place. He then realised his mistake and deleted the tweet.

I find this many times more likely than Ali accidentally spilling the beans on Twitter ...and you would too if you didn't yearn so much for the other version to be true.
That's precisely what happened and his other manager (Rizvan) who was with Islam throughout the camp said the same.

Anyway, it's just noise and sour grapes at this stage. The burden of proof is on the accuser and over 6 months there's been nothing.

Too much is being made of volk lacking gas this time. You don't just go from best gas tank to FKL status. His tank will still be good enough, he just wants to KO Islam because he believes he gave him too much respect the first time. He's right.

Yeah you do.

Cardio disappears quickly.
Reactions next.
Strength after that.
Skills last.

He honestly needs to go for broke. He's probably got 2 rounds in him. You don't keep MMA cardio. Especially not 5 rounds.

I think Volk is smart enough to immediately charge and start looking for the KO. If he doesn't get it done within 2, he's probably just going to have to settle for a moral victory and try to survive the next 3 rounds.
What makes you think he doesn’t have 5 rounds of cardio? Volkanovski by all accounts isn’t like every other fighter on their off time, he seems to be always training or in shape.

This isn’t a situation where Masvidal was out of a fight for 8months with no opponent he slated to fight against & given a weeks notice against Usman. Volkanovski was recently just signed to fight Topuria, so he was already in the steps of preparation for a fight. Saying Volkanovski only has 2 rounds in him, is pretty poor when we have never seen Volkanovski take his off time and gotten sloppy. He’s always in shape, unlike Gaethje who needed time to get in shape and declined this bout.

Abuelo, I practice law for a living.
The burden of proof is on the accuser. Not on the accused.
This is virtually the same dictum that prevails in most if not all jurisdictions.
Anything less than that is sheer slander.
you can always tell a real lawyer by the way he misuses the word “dictum” in a sentence. real lawyers are always trying to win arguments in the court of public opinion by standing on the legal burden of proof, because we all know how innocent it sounds when you respond to an accusation by saying “but you have the burden of proof!”

of course, some lawyers might think it looks bad when their client is accused of illegally using an iv and then their client’s agent publicly tweets this:
IMG_2406.jpegin the court of public opinion, you can get away with saying things like “that’s not evidence, pics or it didn’t happen, ali doesn’t know anything!” in a court of law, you might have a harder time convincing a judge to keep this tweet out of evidence, seeing as it came from islam’s manager / agent who was publicly responding to the accusation that islam used an iv. so it’s probably a good thing islam never sued dan hooker for slander. but you probably knew all that.

Volk has the best cardio in the sport though. He's not normal

100% believe this.

Yes training camps help, but IMHO Volk has gifted gas, meaning he can go 5 rounds but instead of throwing say 80 strikes a round, he’ll only throw 50….

That type of thing.

What makes you think he doesn’t have 5 rounds of cardio? Volkanovski by all accounts isn’t like every other fighter on their off time, he seems to be always training or in shape.

This isn’t a situation where Masvidal was out of a fight for 8months with no opponent he slated to fight against & given a weeks notice against Usman. Volkanovski was recently just signed to fight Topuria, so he was already in the steps of preparation for a fight. Saying Volkanovski only has 2 rounds in him, is pretty poor when we have never seen Volkanovski take his off time and gotten sloppy. He’s always in shape, unlike Gaethje who needed time to get in shape and declined this bout.

It is probably because volk and his team have made it very clear that they had surgery a couple months ago, took 6 weeks to rehab, and only started getting back into training about a month ago around the time of UFC sydney. Normally I'd agree with you, but this seems like pretty bad timing for Volk, but he accepted the fight so he must be confident.

you can always tell a real lawyer by the way he misuses the word “dictum” in a sentence. real lawyers are always trying to win arguments in the court of public opinion by standing on the legal burden of proof, because we all know how innocent it sounds when you respond to an accusation by saying “but you have the burden of proof!”

of course, some lawyers might think it looks bad when their client is accused of illegally using an iv and then their client’s agent publicly tweets this:
View attachment 1006980in the court of public opinion, you can get away with saying things like “that’s not evidence, pics or it didn’t happen, ali doesn’t know anything!” in a court of law, you might have a harder time convincing a judge to keep this tweet out of evidence, seeing as it came from islam’s manager / agent who was publicly responding to the accusation that islam used an iv. so it’s probably a good thing islam never sued dan hooker for slander. but you probably knew all that.
He probably doesn't, him and the other Makhachev dishonest fanatics are always like that: dishonest (not to say other mean words). They don't give a shit about the truth, they just lie blatantly so much that they don't even blink anymore, it's a natural thing. 0 morality. What matters is narrative, they live for that.

That's the tweet and, like I have been saying, Ali Abdelaziz behavior says enough. Only stupid people can't figure out why he did all this and deleted the tweet after backfired.

View attachment 1006980in the court of public opinion, you can get away with saying things like “that’s not evidence, pics or it didn’t happen, ali doesn’t know anything!” in a court of law, you might have a harder time convincing a judge to keep this tweet out of evidence, seeing as it came from islam’s manager / agent who was publicly responding to the accusation that islam used an iv. so it’s probably a good thing islam never sued dan hooker for slander. but you probably knew all that.
Tell me you're a layman without telling me you're a layman.

That tweet in no way incriminates Islam.

One, it was not written or posted by him.

Second, even if it was Islam himself who posted it (again, it was Abdelaziz, not Makhachev), that is not an admission at all. There is literally nothing in that tweet that says Islam used an IV. Abdelazziz declaring that IVs are legal does not equate to him saying that Islam actually used one. At best, you're staking your argument on the implication of said statement, which does not even approximate the requisite direct proof of guilt. Is it a denial? No. Is it an admission? It is definitely NOT either.

I've handled criminal cases for nearly a decade. Assuming for this thought exercise that the use of IVs is CRIMINAL, your case against Islam would not even make it past preliminary investigation (the preliminary determination of probable cause here, performed by a prosecutor).

You need to apprise yourself better with your carefree use of the word "evidence", bud.
Ali's tweet as "evidence."
<36>

It is probably because volk and his team have made it very clear that they had surgery a couple months ago, took 6 weeks to rehab, and only started getting back into training about a month ago around the time of UFC sydney. Normally I'd agree with you, but this seems like pretty bad timing for Volk, but he accepted the fight so he must be confident.
Offcourse it’s a bad timing, when has short notice opponent ever been at the advantage of a fight? I give all the respect for Volkanovski during his bout with Makhachev and the balls he has to accept this bout while the “BMF” can’t. Volkanovski is one best one fighters in the world currently and he has prior knowledge in his opponent in Makhachev. You’re right Volkanovski accepted this bout because he believes in himself and his skills.

I just find misleading and the double standard with folks with short notice bouts, Holloway took a short notice bout with Mcgregor, Mcgregor won and his nuthugger still live off than win like Mcgregor beat a championship caliber Holloway, similar with Mendes. Volkanovski is a champion and has been taking his career seriously.

The odds are against him, but creating excuses when he already had a chance at Makhachev with a full camp in OZ, while the odds were against Makhachev other than size, he lost. I just don’t agree when people are already making excuses for said fighter like Volkanovski who himself says he’s always training in recent Interviews pre this fight, like he only has 1-2 rounds of cardio, it just a built in excuse and if he loses, Makhachev will never get respect for this win.

He probably doesn't, him and the other Makhachev dishonest fanatics are always like that: dishonest (not to say other mean words). They don't give a shit about the truth, they just lie blatantly so much that they don't even blink anymore, it's a natural thing. 0 morality. What matters is narrative, they live for that.

That's the tweet and, like I have been saying, Ali Abdelaziz behavior says enough. Only stupid people can't figure out why he did all this and deleted the tweet after backfired.
So where’s the fucking proof if “IVLAM” why he wasn’t he suspended or stripped? Just bunch accusations from fucking haters like you. Oliveira was stripped for missing weight that is factual and it happened. Makhachev was not and your only “proof” is a tweet and Dan Hooker.

The narrative is nothing happened but you folks keep running with IV Bullshit like you have concrete evidence. Let it go you, Islam is the champion currently and beat the fucking brakes off Charles easily. You’re still buthurt because of that.

Back