Alexander Volkanovski Doesn’t Want To Test Islam Makhachev’s Gas Tank

Volk is saying he's going to put in on Islam early and whilst he's the master of pacing a fight this approach is going to be interesting at a place like Abu Dhabi. Islam will likely be better conditioned this time round.

What makes you think he doesn’t have 5 rounds of cardio? Volkanovski by all accounts isn’t like every other fighter on their off time, he seems to be always training or in shape.

This isn’t a situation where Masvidal was out of a fight for 8months with no opponent he slated to fight against & given a weeks notice against Usman. Volkanovski was recently just signed to fight Topuria, so he was already in the steps of preparation for a fight. Saying Volkanovski only has 2 rounds in him, is pretty poor when we have never seen Volkanovski take his off time and gotten sloppy. He’s always in shape, unlike Gaethje who needed time to get in shape and declined this bout.

Lol in shape cardio is different than fight cardio let alone 5 round championship cardio. That's the same in any sport. You think Volk's superman?

The reason Volk has insane cardio is how he pushes himself in training camp for a fight. Sure he likely trains regularly even with no fight but there's no way he's pushing himself like he does when in camp because that's not smart/possible, his body would break down if he trains like he is in camp every week of the year. Now maybe he was told he would be the substitute and he was training like a mad man but he didn't say that.

What makes you think he doesn’t have 5 rounds of cardio? Volkanovski by all accounts isn’t like every other fighter on their off time, he seems to be always training or in shape.

This isn’t a situation where Masvidal was out of a fight for 8months with no opponent he slated to fight against & given a weeks notice against Usman. Volkanovski was recently just signed to fight Topuria, so he was already in the steps of preparation for a fight. Saying Volkanovski only has 2 rounds in him, is pretty poor when we have never seen Volkanovski take his off time and gotten sloppy. He’s always in shape, unlike Gaethje who needed time to get in shape and declined this bout.

Because cardio quickly fades. It’s use it or lose it. Most fighters specifically have to train for 5 rounds. It’s about level of cardio.

Volk admitted he’s been drinking, having fun and has a lot of weight to cut. He’s probably been doing light gym work but not doing any kind of serious cardio.

Bisping is renowned for his cardio and low heart rate and even he said he knew he had to finish Rockhold in their fight early or it could be rough.

Volk said he could *probably* go 5 rounds but it wouldn’t be smart or pretty. He knows he has to end it early.

He needs to attack the leg first in my opinion. Slow Islam's footwork down first, then stay in his face as you suggest. I was absolutely amazed that he didn't do it much the first time. I mean we're talking about a guy who landed like 50 leg kicks on Aldo and over 50 on Max.

I realized why he didnt do it much the first fight after watching an interview with his coach joe Lopez. Apparently, leg kicks were something they were planning to do, but they did them so much during camp for that first islam fight that he accidentally busted his feet up mid camp.

Hopefully his feet and shins are ready to go, because If you take away Islam's footwork then half his defence goes out the window, and alex really needs his longest range attacks here in order to make up for the huge height disadvantage.
Sounds like another excuse for his loss...

He honestly needs to go for broke. He's probably got 2 rounds in him. You don't keep MMA cardio. Especially not 5 rounds.

I think Volk is smart enough to immediately charge and start looking for the KO. If he doesn't get it done within 2, he's probably just going to have to settle for a moral victory and try to survive the next 3 rounds.
He should keep some of his game plan quiet… unless this is part of the plan to make Islam tense and potentially adrenaline dump.

Tell me you're a layman without telling me you're a layman.
you’re the one claiming you’re a lawyer. the burden of proof is upon you. if you’re a lawyer, tell me your area of practice, school you went to, jurisdiction you practice in, and link me a brief or memo that you drafted. then tell me—what is the “dictum” of a case? give me an example.
That tweet in no way incriminates Islam.
if you actually believe that, then not only are you not a lawyer, you have no common sense.
I've handled criminal cases for nearly a decade.
bullshit
Assuming for this thought exercise that the use of IVs is CRIMINAL, your case against Islam would not even make it past preliminary investigation (the preliminary determination of probable cause here, performed by a prosecutor).
we aren’t in court, first of all, and the facts at issue didn’t take place in the usa, so we need not concern ourselves with the question of whether “probable cause” existed. the question is whether islam used an iv to rehydrate. that’s not a legal question. layfolk are perfectly capable of forming an opinion on this without reference to a burden of proof.

but since you brought it up… every experienced american criminal defense attorney knows the standard for probable cause in a preliminary hearing is quite low. as the scotus noted, “Probable cause ‘is not a high bar.’ ” Dist. of Columbia v. Wesby, 138 S. Ct. 577, 586 (2018) (quoting Kaley v. United States, 134 S.Ct. 1090, 1103 (2014)). if this were a criminal proceeding, ali’s tweet is almost certainly sufficient by itself to bind islam over for trial. and that’s not even considering other evidence, such as the needle marks on islam which appeared after weigh-ins, and which are visible in official ufc press photos (iirc, islam’s team admits they’re real, but claims he got poked for a different reason). there may be reasonable doubt about whether islam used an iv, but there is absolutely probable cause to believe so.

anyway, you need not worry, because like oj simpson, nothing will happen to islam. so let’s dispense with this lie about “no evidence.”

you’re the one claiming you’re a lawyer. the burden of proof is upon you. if you’re a lawyer, tell me your area of practice, school you went to, jurisdiction you practice in, and link me a brief or memo that you drafted. then tell me—what is the “dictum” of a case? give me an example.

if you actually believe that, then not only are you not a lawyer, you have no common sense.

bullshit

we aren’t in court, first of all, and the facts at issue didn’t take place in the usa, so we need not concern ourselves with the question of whether “probable cause” existed. the question is whether islam used an iv to rehydrate. that’s not a legal question. layfolk are perfectly capable of forming an opinion on this without reference to a burden of proof.

but since you brought it up… every experienced american criminal defense attorney knows the standard for probable cause in a preliminary hearing is quite low. as the scotus noted, “Probable cause ‘is not a high bar.’ ” Dist. of Columbia v. Wesby, 138 S. Ct. 577, 586 (2018) (quoting Kaley v. United States, 134 S.Ct. 1090, 1103 (2014)). if this were a criminal proceeding, ali’s tweet is almost certainly sufficient by itself to bind islam over for trial. and that’s not even considering other evidence, such as the needle marks on islam which appeared after weigh-ins, and which are visible in official ufc press photos (iirc, islam’s team admits they’re real, but claims he got poked for a different reason). there may be reasonable doubt about whether islam used an iv, but there is absolutely probable cause to believe so.

anyway, you need not worry, because like oj simpson, nothing will happen to islam. so let’s dispense with this lie about “no evidence.”
<Dany07>

Good lawd. Provide me relevant jurisprudence citing a fucking tweet with non-incriminatory content, posted not by the accused no less, as basis for a finding of probable cause. You have several hurdles here, which you seem totally ill-equipped to addressed.

As concerns my credentials, yeah bud. I was gonna say I value my privacy but hey I'll bite. Here's a link to one of my clients, a government agency here (I am not in the US) - https://www.dar.gov.ph/directory/offices/caraga

Use the email for Atty. MARDOVIC (yep that's me). I'll send you back a screenshot of this conversation. How about that?

We can even do zoom or whatever. It will cost you, though.
<{outtahere}>

<Dany07>

Good lawd. Provide me relevant jurisprudence citing a fucking tweet with non-incriminatory content, posted not by the accused no less, as basis for a finding of probable cause. You have several hurdles here, which you seem totally ill-equipped to addressed.

As concerns my credentials, yeah bud. I was gonna say I value my privacy but hey I'll bite. Here's a link to one of my clients, a government agency here (I am not in the US) - https://www.dar.gov.ph/directory/offices/caraga

Use the email for Atty. MARDOVIC (yep that's me). I'll send you back a screenshot of this conversation. How about that?

<{outtahere}>

MMA community: Ali is so full of SHIT, all he does is talk nonsense!

Also MMA community: But Ali was talking about IV regulations, if Ali said that it must mean Islam took IVs, ALI IS A CREDIBLE SOURCE!

PS, Ali wasn't even in the Australia when it all went down lol, folks using his well known twitter fingers as a "smoking gun" against Islam are either very dumb or have an agenda.

I was looking at Volks record.
In the UFC:
Never had a first round finish.
Not one sub.
Not one KO.
It's usually late TKO or decision.

Also MMA community: But Ali was talking about IV regulations, if Ali said that it must mean Islam took IVs, ALI IS A CREDIBLE SOURCE!

PS, Ali wasn't even in the Australia when it all went down lol, folks using his well known twitter fingers as a "smoking gun" against Islam are either very dumb or have an agenda.
They could both be DUMB and have an agenda
haha

In the UFC:
Not one sub.
Not one KO.
What surprises me is the number of people who are pretending that Volk has top tier finishing power. He's never been known for his power, even at FW. The criticism for a long time was that he was a point fighter.

In the UFC:
Not one sub.
Not one KO.
In the media day interview Volks said that he wants to debunk all kinds of silly things people believe in and prove that everything is possible. Maybe we will see now a first round finish via submission? ;)

<Dany07>

<{outtahere}>
i appreciate the info, but im not asking you to dox yourself. just your law school, jurisdiction, and practice area, and give me an example of dictum. you can skip the writing sample. it appears from what you posted, assuming it’s true, you practice in the phillipines. perhaps that explains some of your peculiar statements. maybe “dictum” has a different meaning in the phillipines.

filipino law allows proof by circumstantial evidence and allows the court to draw adverse inferences from withheld or suppressed evidence. filipino law also recognizes as admissions (1) statements by agents within scope of the agency relationship, and also (2) silence when a response is called for. so even if we’re applying filipino rules of evidence, how exactly are you going to exclude ali’s statement from the record? he was islam’s agent, authorized to speak on islam’s behalf regarding his ufc career, tweeting about a matter related to islam’s ufc career, and he deleted it once he found out using the iv would still be unlawful in australia. islam himself remained silent for several days after the initial accusation. at the very least that meets the filipino standard for probable cause to justify charging him.

respectfully, only a very stupid person would be persuaded by this line of reasoning. first, “the mma community” is comprised of millions of people worldwide. it does not speak with one official voice. of course opinions about ali vary within “the mma community.”

second, it could be equally true that “ali is full of shit” generally, but “ali is a credible source” on particular statement. if ali, as islam’s agent, makes a statement against islam’s interest, which he later deletes after he realizes how bad it looks, it’s perfectly logical to conclude that ali’s statement was reliable to the extent it implicated islam. the fact that he’s dumb enough to publicly say something that would get islam in trouble doesn’t mean he’s wrong.

Last edited:
So where’s the fucking proof if “IVLAM” why he wasn’t he suspended or stripped? Just bunch accusations from fucking haters like you. Oliveira was stripped for missing weight that is factual and it happened. Makhachev was not and your only “proof” is a tweet and Dan Hooker.

The narrative is nothing happened but you folks keep running with IV Bullshit like you have concrete evidence. Let it go you, Islam is the champion currently and beat the fucking brakes off Charles easily. You’re still buthurt because of that.
Again:

ali abdelaziz deleted tweet about dan hooker iv islam makhachev.jpeg

If this isn't enough for you to believe something was very, very fishy, we can put a guy killing another in front of you and you would still defend the killer. You believe in what you want. Maybe this wouldn't incriminate Makhachev (and of course I know it, I'm not dishonest like you and your fanatic friends) but, again, a half word to the wise is enough. After all, if it was a random rant from Hooker, with "no proof" etc, Abdelaziz would never talk something like that "out of nowhere". He was feeling the pressure and it is a fact he went full damage control for some reason. If you don't want to acknowledge that's ok, but says more about you than the others, mind you.

P.S.: After @Goutfather combos, probably fanatics will run away like cockroaches. That's the way they are, they live for the narrative and doesn't matter searching for the truth, they don't want the truth because they don't like it lol. Good for stop getting embarrassed. Dishonesty as its finest, -1 morality.

Last edited:

bullshit

<Dany07>

<{outtahere}>
Overusing Xzibit, playa

i appreciate the info, but im not asking you to dox yourself. just your law school, jurisdiction, and practice area, and give me an example of dictum. you can skip the writing sample. it appears from what you posted, assuming it’s true, you practice in the phillipines. perhaps that explains some of your peculiar statements. maybe “dictum” has a different meaning in the phillipines.

filipino law allows proof by circumstantial evidence and allows the court to draw adverse inferences from withheld or suppressed evidence. filipino law also recognizes as admissions (1) statements by agents within scope of the agency relationship, and also (2) silence when a response is called for. so even if we’re applying filipino rules of evidence, how exactly are you going to exclude ali’s statement from the record? he was islam’s agent, authorized to speak on islam’s behalf regarding his ufc career, tweeting about a matter related to islam’s ufc career, and he deleted it once he found out using the iv would still be unlawful in australia. islam himself remained silent for several days after the initial accusation. at the very least that meets the filipino standard for probable cause to justify charging him.

respectfully, only a very stupid person would be persuaded by this line of reasoning. first, “the mma community” is comprised of millions of people worldwide. it does not speak with one official voice. of course opinions about ali vary within “the mma community.”

second, it could be equally true that “ali is full of shit” generally, but “ali is a credible source” on particular statement. if ali, as islam’s agent, makes a statement against islam’s interest, which he later deletes after he realizes how bad it looks, it’s perfectly logical to conclude that ali’s statement was reliable to the extent it implicated islam. the fact that he’s dumb enough to publicly say something that would get islam in trouble doesn’t mean he’s wrong.

Again, I am not just arm-chair counseling here. I speak from years of experience. Philippine law is not that different from American law as well, given that most of the legal principles and even jurisprudence are the same.

I cannot believe I am even wasting my time on this. A tweet not sent by the person accused containing not a single word of admission does not constitite probable cause. End of story.

I think I've already overcome the burden of proof that I actually know what I am talking about (that I practice law).

You, meanwhile, continue to flail about using nothing but suppositions and assumptions with not a single shred of actual evidence to back your claim up.

Notice how even Volk and his team have virtually shut up about the issue. I wonder why they're not showing the same energy as you?
<{outtahere}>

Again:

View attachment 1007063

If this isn't enough for you to believe something was very, very fishy, we can put a guy killing another in front of you and you would still defend the killer. You believe in what you want. Maybe this wouldn't incriminate Makhachev (and of course I know it, I'm not dishonest like you and your fanatic friends) but, again, a half word to the wise is enough. After all, if it was a random rant from Hooker, with "no proof" etc, Abdelaziz would never talk something like that "out of nowhere". He was feeling the pressure and it is a fact he went full damage control for some reason. If you don't want to acknowledge that's ok, but says more about you than the others, mind you.

P.S.: After @Goutfather combos, probably fanatics will run away like cockroaches. That's the way they are, they live for the narrative and doesn't matter searching for the truth, they don't want the truth because they don't like it lol. Good for stop getting embarrassed. Dishonesty as its finest, -1 morality.
So no proof? Is Islam suspended or stripped? Nope. Just bunch of accusations and you haters running with something Ali clarified.

Volk gave Makhachev some moments didnt he? AV now knows he can hurt Islam and thats confidence he'll have that he didnt in the first matchup. Islam had some faces of concern more than a couple times. Volks chance of winning this early should be considerably higher. This is a good betting one

Makhachev -260
by this weekend Volk will creep up imo so get it now

Last edited:
Back