Alex Periera just posted cryptic pic including Tom Aspinall

Fight Ankalaev and then once Tom is inevitably promoted to the Undisputed Champ since those other two lads are going to retire then this fight can happen.

Poatan is my current fave fighter, but I don't like his chances against Tom.

Aspinall is very quick for a HW, with really powerful hands and good grappling.

Alex is a great striker with a complete arsenal, but he has shown liabilities in the grappling department.

Also, a good deal of his striking advantage is due to his lankiness and frame, which goes out the window vs Tom. Aspinall is a huge guy with long limbs as well.

Same, and I agree with all of your points, but the sheer magnitude of the possibility of him winning makes it worth the risk in my mind.

He just posted this pic. Not reading too much, but I think the Aspinall and Alex fight is probably being discussed behind the scenes or is the contingency plan if Jon and Stipe retire in November.

Aspinall. The man who's last win is Francis sloppy 3rds. LOL.

Well when Jones' BITCH ASS leaves we can do the real fights, for the real belts.

If this is in serious talks it explains why they dont want Ank to get SHIT

They will probably make Ank fight Jiri and Rountree after the Rakic fight/

Well when Jones' BITCH ASS leaves we can do the real fights, for the real belts.

If this is in serious talks it explains why they dont want Ank to get SHIT

They will probably make Ank fight Jiri and Rountree after the Rakic fight/

No need to spam the thread to get your post count up. That could have all been one message.

No need to spam the thread to get your post count up. That could have all been one message.
You postwhore your way and I will postwhore mine.

He just posted this pic. Not reading too much, but I think the Aspinall and Alex fight is probably being discussed behind the scenes or is the contingency plan if Jon and Stipe retire in November.

Love the optics of this and Alex is one of my favs...Aspinall also pretty awesome but I see Aspinall absolutely mauling Alex...he's a huge fast guy right now. I just don't see Alex stopping that absolute bear of a man from just grinding him to oblivion

Knowing Alex as we do he probably wants Tom next month, I just love this guy!! MMA Gods have blessed us with this one

Reactions: HHJ
I could see Aspinall and Poatan for the interim belt but the HW strap is Jones for life. Retired or not. There will never be another champion as great as Jon Jones so we're retiring the HW belt with him. And LHW. Sorry gayboys, gotta cut to 185 if you want that gold.

Poatan is my current fave fighter, but I don't like his chances against Tom.

Aspinall is very quick for a HW, with really powerful hands and good grappling.

Alex is a great striker with a complete arsenal, but he has shown liabilities in the grappling department.

Also, a good deal of his striking advantage is due to his lankiness and frame, which goes out the window vs Tom. Aspinall is a huge guy with long limbs as well.
I think the same stuff, but how good is Aspinall's grappling? Is he for sure submitting Alex?

I have no clue.

And the size difference, I dunno it might be too much for Alex to even have a chance.

Pootan will not fight for the interim

When Aspinall unify the belts, than we will have this great fight
oh my sweet summer child. Aspinall isn't ever unifyng the title. he's going to be promoted to HW champion.

Back