Media Alex Pereira manhandles Daniel Cormier at UFC 301 media day

Not the same impact though. Gus sort of tossed it out there like he was pawing a jab. He threw his entire body into the knee against DC. And even then, it was the follow-up uppercuts that sat him down.

LOL. He has a Thai plum and yanks his head into the knee FFS

Perreira beating DC confirmed.

By UD using his secret ground game.

LOL. He has a Thai plum and yanks his head into the knee FFS
He has a hold of his head, but there's no hip rotation into the shot. He just lifts his leg. Compare that to the DC knee, where he turns his hips and body into the shot.

It was alright, it was good. But it was his wrestling that made him survive getting hit because nobody could ever hit him clean and then not have him stuck to you like glue shortly after. (Excluding Jonny)
This. DC got hurt by every big shot he ever took, as well as had an additional big weakness to body shots and leg kicks. His ability to absorb damage wasn't anything to write home about.

Like you said, it's the fact that if you're not putting him out cold / completely compromised you still have to get in close to him and then his grappling instincts kick in and he can tie you up. That has nothing to do with his actual chin and ability to absorb damage well. Mir, Rumble, Gus, Silva, and Stipe 3 might've all also finished DC if he didn't tie them up to prevent it.

Which is the issue that you've always had to deal with with great grapplers. Guys like Fedor, Nog, Hendo, Werdum, Charles, etc all had the advantage that even if you hurt them / knocked them down they were still in their world of expertise and muscle memory is real. It's a hell of a lot easier to blindly grab onto your opponent and try and work from there while hurt than it is to try and counter someone standing.

Last edited:
DC spends every day tormented by the demons of his losses. He constantly tries to prove he's the alpha with everyone he meets, as if it makes any difference at this point. I truly find him to be a sad, sniveling little man even though at one time he was an elite mixed martial artist.

He's literally letting Alex grab him. If he was as insecure as you pretend he would have ragdolled him too

This. DC got hurt by every big shot he ever took, as well as had an additional big weakness to body kicks and leg kicks. His ability to absorb damage isn't anything to write home about.

Like you said, it's the fact that if you're not putting him out cold / completely compromised you have to get in close to him and then his grappling instincts kick in and he ties you up. That has nothing to do with his actual chin / damage absorption ability. Mir, Rumble, Gus, Silva, and Stipe 3 might've all also finished DC if he didn't tie them up to prevent it.

Which is the issue that you've always had to deal with with great grapplers. Guys like Fedor, Nog, Hendo, Werdum, etc all had the advantage that even if you hurt them / knocked them down they were still in their world of expertise and muscle memory is real. It's a hell of a lot easier to blindly grab onto your opponent than it is to counter them.

Perfect example involving some of the fighters mentioned. When Gus got hurt by Rumble what did he do? What he could do, he backpedalled and tried to fire back best he could. He didn't have the same kind of wrestling to fall back on.

Prime DC runs right through any version of Pereira. I hate DC and love Alex.
Spoken like a true fan of the sport, not just a fan of certain fighters. There are sometimes matches where ur favorite fighter is just facing someone he simply not equipped to fight. I was huge anderson silva fan back in the day, and even though he was out of his prime when he faced DC, I knew he was gonna get beat down and smothered on the ground. Even in his prime it would've been the same thing. Back when Mac was in his prime form and he faced Khabib, specialized striker vs crazy good grappler, Mac got smashed. It's just how it goes most of the time. I'm not ridiculous, I know theres always a chance of Alex landing a shot and knocking him out, but i would bet 100 out of 100 times on DC to beat Alex

DC loves doing this, he said shit he struggles against Khabib, Cain would beat him and now he let Alex play with him. Truth is he would beat Khabib, Alex and Cain in the same night

I find it funny how he probably called security for the comic effect of it, but security, when called, is required to respond so the security had to seriously intervene.

That was funny but in all seriousness, Pereira would struggle a lot against a Prime DC.

DC chin is actually really good, top-notch wrestling and cardio for days AND he has power. That's not a favorable matchup for Pereira. Dude literally threw Bigfoot Silva as if he was nothing even though he was much larger.
He over-the-head slam bodied 275lbs Prime Josh Barnett. Would've done the same to Jones, Fedor, Lesnar, Ubereem in his Strikeforce Prime.

DC has been spending more time hitting the drive thru than the gym these days

oiT8ABU.gif
"These days" meaning the last 4 years since he retired...even then he was probably eating his share of Popeye's as a HW losing to Stipe in his last 2 outings.

He over-the-head slam bodied 275lbs Prime Josh Barnett. Would've done the same to Jones, Fedor, Lesnar, Ubereem in his Strikeforce Prime.
Cormier had 2 fights and 8 rounds to pick up and slam Jones and it never happened. Fighting at HW back then likely would've benefitted Jones more as he'd put on more muscle mass while Cormier would just eat more.

Don't get me wrong. Cormier was a great fighter and I was very impressed with him manhandling Barnett, destroying the same prime TRT Bigfoot who had just finished Fedor, etc. But Jones was his kryptonite. And before anyone says "PEDs," remember Barnett and Bigfoot did their share of PEDs, too. They were probably going crazy with them in Strikeforce when they fought Cormier, but both later got busted in the UFC.

Back