News Alex Pereira reportedly has a deal in place to fight at UFC 301 if he emerges unscathed from UFC 300

Between this and his world tour I'm really worried about how serious he is taking Hill.

Apparently in his contract. Not sure how that works, but would make 301 a real ppv card

Who would he face?

he would face tom aspinall but likely anko at LHW. dude should really takes some rest, i don't see hill being an easy peasy fight.

While I admire his confidence this just sounds like a recipe for disaster if he manages to get in that position, tbh.

He’s turning 37 this year, and while Khamzat could do it fighting way lower levels of competition I doubt this will end well for him, unless he starches Hill inside 2 minutes or something.

If he does manage to pull it off it would make him even a bigger legend than he already is🗿
He’d be getting ppv points for both fights. Turning 37.. Sounds like good time to earn as much as he can before he inevitably drops off, and loses a bunch. Or just retires at some point in the not too distant future, no?

It all seems pretty obvious to me. And with all the talk about fighter pay. People actually shit on fighters tor trying to get paid.

Yes, Alex V accepting the short notice rematch was not wise for his legacy, or health. But at his age he made another couple+ $million? Pretty inviting money to a family man, nearing the end of the road, imo.

And he’s pretty badass, btw.

It’s already happened, though.

Figgy defended against Perez. Then 3 weeks later he fought Moreno for the first time. That fight ended in a draw as Figgy was deducted a point.

Let the man fight.

How much weight does he usually cut for 205? Two weight cuts back to back doesn’t sound like the best idea.
He used to jump back up to 230's, thats a decent jump, not ideal imo, i think he was planning for UFC 301 before signing for UFC300.

I don’t know if he can maintain that. He’s one of those guys that balloons up when he hydrated right after his cut. It’ll be interesting to see, but I don’t think it’s the best idea.
Best idea 100% not, for sure lol.

But he's a pretty lean dude, I seem him big but never ballooned up like others out of camp. Remember he made 185 multiple times.

That's how thin the UFC is atm as far as stars. This is so shortsighted and sure doesn't benefit the fighters' health.

While I admire his confidence this just sounds like a recipe for disaster if he manages to get in that position, tbh.

He’s turning 37 this year, and while Khamzat could do it fighting way lower levels of competition I doubt this will end well for him, unless he starches Hill inside 2 minutes or something.

If he does manage to pull it off it would make him even a bigger legend than he already is🗿
Maybe it will be a "Showcase" type of move up in weight. Something along the lines of Anderson Silva moving up to fight James Irvin. Would Jairzinho Rozenstruik be a good enough style match up with a big enough name and small enough risk?

Poatan wont need to worry about another cut, but the opposite. Fighting a HW next......

this, OFC, provided he indeed beats Hill with minimal damage, which I expect to happen but its MMA so.......

hopefully this plan works. Hill will be there trying to ruin it ofc, and even tho Poatan is by miles the best striker, Hill can hurt him.

my guess is Poatan 2nd round (t)ko.

He’d be getting ppv points for both fights. Turning 37.. Sounds like good time to earn as much as he can before he inevitably drops off, and loses a bunch. Or just retires at some point in the not too distant future, no?

It all seems pretty obvious to me. And with all the talk about fighter pay. People actually shit on fighters tor trying to get paid.

Yes, Alex V accepting the short notice rematch was not wise for his legacy, or health. But at his age he made another couple+ $million? Pretty inviting money to a family man, nearing the end of the road, imo.

Figgy defended against Perez. Then 3 weeks later he fought Moreno for the first time. That fight ended in a draw as Figgy was deducted a point.

Let the man fight.
This is why I’m not entirely against it

<Fedor23>

I fucking love these guys who actually want to fight often. I get taking your religion seriously, but its a buzzkill when your champs.fight once a year.

Reactions: Ruv
We'll see how the fight with Hill goes. It's not unfathomable that he'll get out relatively unscathed. Hill might be rushing back too soon and a couple hard leg kicks could have him in a world of shit. I hope Alex is being taken care of financially by the UFC. That might be too wishful thinking.

Let the man fight.
Alex is a fighter who likes to fight. He'll get no complaints from me.

I have said for a long time that fighters are always on borrowed time, and every fight could be their last. Bang until you can't and make as much as you can doing it. Does he increase the risk of him losing with the quick turnaround? Sure, but that's his choice to make, not ours, so who are we to begrudge his decision?

He's fought 6 times in the past 2 years, that is a fighter I can appreciate.

As much as I like Alex and want to watch him fight, I also want to see Jamahal win his title fight. Which means Alex won't be in any shape to fight at 301. Quite the conundrum.

Even if he starches Hill inside 2 minutes with no damage, doing two weight cuts in less then 30 days is not good.

Alex is going to be 37 this summer, and he's never going to make more money.

His window is closing rapidly.

I doubt this will happen, but its easy for me to believe Alex wants this.

Back