News Alex Pereira reportedly has a deal in place to fight at UFC 301 if he emerges unscathed from UFC 300

Apparently he was supposed to headline 301 anyway but when UFC needed a main event for 300 they asked him if he could do 300 instead which he said sure I'll do it

But he still wanted to fight in Brazil and asked for keeping his spot in case he can make it

He's a former Kick boxer. Those guys are used to fighting multiple times in one night. He'll be fine if he can finish Jamahal without taking too much damage, which I can see happening if he was able to KO Jiri with little damage.

Jamal Hill by knockout.

I saw he talking about breaking the record for the shortest time between title defenses
I don't blame him. Most of these guys start going off a cliff at 40. GGG was the saddest case of it.

Who's even left to fight if Alex can make 301?

Costa at lhw vs Alex!

Reactions: Ruv
He should fight at HW against Jones if he wins. Aspinall can fight Miocic lol

Hope he sleeps Hill in the first round.

Pereira vs. Ankalaev
Pantoja vs. Erceg
Aldo vs. Martinez
Pereira vs. Muradov
Smith vs. Petrino

Not gonna lie, that's a very fun card. A couple of very intriguing fights on the prelims as well.
Card was looking absolute hot dog water a week ago.

This is stupid. So the opponent has to go to the effort and expense of starting a camp for a fight that probably won't happen. Are the UFC paying them for that if the fight doesn't happen?

I’d love to see Hill’s face reading this. The most insecure man in MMA.

Reactions: Ruv
How? Alex is the most decorated striker in the UFC fighting a guy who's never even attempted a TD. Sounds like a pretty ideal matchup.
Alex has been hurt and KOEd and I rate Jamahal boxing pretty high. Dude is black belt with deez hands and packs a good punch.

Btw, why are they so desperate to stack the 301 card? This fight along with calling Aldo out of bed. It'll fill up since it's Brazil anyways and we've gotten used to subpar PPV's the last couple of years anyways so a mediocre card wouldn't really be a shock..
Why are they trying goddammit!

He realised he is fucked now after he signed that new long term deal and is just wanting to get through them asap.

Back