News Damir Hadzovic welcomes octagon newcomer Nikolas Motta at May 8 UFC event

Damir Hadzovic vs Nikolas Motta

• Total voters

Kryptt

⭍ Dead Belt⭍
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dana White’s Contender Series lightweight prospect Nikolas Motta will make his UFC debut on May 8 opposite Bosnia’s Damir Hadzovic, multiple sources with knowledge of the booking told MMA Fighting following a report from MMA DNA.

upload_2021-3-4_14-37-49.png

Motta (12-3) is a former Cage Fury FC lightweight titleholder who earned his spot in the UFC with a decision victory over Joseph Lowry at a Contender Series show this past November. A contestant on The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 4, Motta is on a three-fight winning streak.

upload_2021-3-4_14-37-16.png

Hadzovic (13-6) scored back-to-back wins over Nick Hein and Polo Reyes under the UFC banner prior to defeats to Christos Giagos and Renato Moicano in his most recent octagon appearances in 2019 and 2020. Hadzovic’s overall UFC record stands at 3-4 with two of those wins coming by way of knockout.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/3/...ctagon-newcomer-nikolas-motta-may-8-ufc-event

Think I will back Hadz atm.

Pretty good fight. I was impressed by Motta from what little I've seen of him.

I still have no idea why Motta wasn't signed after TUF. He looked great in both of his fights.

Damir grew up in the town I was born in (Esbjerg, Denmark), so I wll always be rooting for him. With that being said, one of his wins was against the less than stellar Nick Hein and another win (against Held) came in a match he was clearly losing until all of a sudden he won it. Only one good performance in seven UFC-appearances, but I still have his back.

Back