250lb dips

JohnnyQuo said:
how much can you bench without the shirt? i can match your 320 for 4. how can you talk about functional strength when you need 2 people to squeeze you into a specially designed top that makes you lift more weight? and yes, each of my 4 reps touches my chest and my hips stay on the bench.

Funny, because I actually get almost nothing from the shirt. I've benched 315 x 3 raw @ 177, 340 x 1 raw (WABDL HI), 350 x 3 shirted, 363 x 1 shirted (WABDL Worlds) and 377.5 x 1 shirted.

I also destroyed the HI deadlift record raw before suiting up and adding more weight to it.

Now, I'm just guessing based on your "dip" video, but you're a far cry from 177 and you undoubtedly have far worse form than I do. I'm sure your spotters get a hell of a bent row workout while you bench.

Next time, before you post, read it back to yourself twice and ask "do I sound like an idiot here?" If the answer is "yes, I sound like a completely ignorant, autistic person," it's probably best to just not post.

Dan181 said:
I'm sure your spotters get a hell of a bent row workout while you bench.
QUOTE]
no, my training partener doesnt touch the bar, if i cant make the rep, we rack it .i'm not doubting your strength, for a skinny guy your the strongest ive seen, but to criticise me for doing partials to improve certain aspects of my fighting and overall strength, is wrong. the strongest men on the planet have used partial reps, along with full reps, to improve their overall strength. i've added 45lbs to my full bench press since doing my partial dips, fom a point i was previously stuck at for months. so call me what you like, but the partial reps stay in my routine, just like the wraps, super suit and bench shirt stay in yours

JohnnyQuo said:
Dan181 said:
I'm sure your spotters get a hell of a bent row workout while you bench.
QUOTE]
no, my training partener doesnt touch the bar, if i cant make the rep, we rack it .i'm not doubting your strength, for a skinny guy your the strongest ive seen, but to criticise me for doing partials to improve certain aspects of my fighting and overall strength, is wrong. the strongest men on the planet have used partial reps, along with full reps, to improve their overall strength. i've added 45lbs to my full bench press since doing my partial dips, fom a point i was previously stuck at for months.

You were stuck at it for months, but then all of a sudden you were using a million pounds on them? That makes no sense. A "sticking point" isn't the spot where you can move the most weight; it's the spot where you're weakest. So you're telling me you can do full dips with that weight and explode outta the hole, but then the bar stalls a quarter inch from lockout? Fucking prove it. Can you do BW dips? Do you understand the concept of the word "dip?"

JohnnyQuo said:
so call me what you like,

Thanks for the permission, but I've been doing that since post 1 without it.

JohnnyQuo said:
but the partial reps stay in my routine, just like the wraps, super suit and bench shirt stay in yours

Whatever helps you sleep at night, my little hombre.

Could you all cut the crap.

Let Johnny post his vids, if they are legit, Ill be second to give him props (right after dan181 offcourse), if he doesnt post just ban him or something.

he still brushes his fakeweights for the vid (that was just a joke). lets see some vids of some impressive full rom lifts!!!

dan181, do you ever do partials? i seen a pic of some elastic band lockouts or something. are these not partials? and are you telling me youve never had a plateau and tried something different to get through it? you must be perfect. and for your info, when i fail on bench, its never at the bottom, its nearer the mid range.

Dan181 said:
Funny, because I actually get almost nothing from the shirt. .
yes, increasing your max bench by 37.5lbs is almost nothing

i wanna see some videos.......from johnny and dan..............and i want both of you to be naked so theres none of this lifting shirt bullshit.....those are my demands meet them now

JohnnyQuo said:
dan181, do you ever do partials? i seen a pic of some elastic band lockouts or something. are these not partials? and are you telling me youve never had a plateau and tried something different to get through it? you must be perfect. and for your info, when i fail on bench, its never at the bottom, its nearer the mid range.

Dude, it's not that you do partials when training. Hell, I do them all the time. Just don't use them to prove a point. When you want to prove yourself in a alift you need full range-of-motion lifts.

I don't believe Dan that his Bench shirt doesn't help all the much. I had a buddy who can baarely max 345 get 455 when shirted and elbow wrapped. However, it'd be stupid to not use one of those in contest, you want as much of an edge as you can get.

And 320 for 5 isn't anything. I can get 315 for 12. I don't anywhere NEAR believe you being able to squat 405 for 50, that's a world record, dude. I buy that about as much as I buy it when someone tells me they can run a mile in 3 minutes.

wenispinkle said:
i wanna see some videos.......from johnny and dan..............and i want both of you to be naked so theres none of this lifting shirt bullshit.....those are my demands meet them now

Can I be naked, too? I don't really want to lift, I just want to be naked.

CrazyAZNRedneck said:
I buy that about as much as I buy it when someone tells me they can run a mile in 3 minutes.

that one guy on the nike commercial from kenya has a 3:37 mile.....but then again hes from fucking kenya

wenispinkle said:
that one guy on the nike commercial from kenya has a 3:37 mile.....but then again hes from fucking kenya

Really? I thought the record for the mile was 3:54. Hmm. That WAS a white guy, though and I think it was in the 60s. Maybe you're right. Anyway, there's no one alive to date who has made a 3:00 minute mile, just like there's no one alive to date who's made 405lb squat for 50 reps (actually I think Magnus Samuelson may have done it, but the guy itn't from Liverpool).

anyone wanna reseed this video? i wasn't lurking last week and missed out on all the fun.

CrazyAZNRedneck said:
just like there's no one alive to date who's made 405lb squat for 50 reps (actually I think Magnus Samuelson may have done it, but the guy itn't from Liverpool).

Maybe Platz could do it.

i saw his 23*500 video, and those were real squats, not 1/4 shit.

i thought of him as well. but 50 solid reps is another level than 23 again. even with 95lbs less weight. maybe if he trained for it for a longer time.

squatting 405 for 50 reps is bullshit...

this guy's full of shit...

i'm pissed b/c this is so stupid...

we saw his dip video, so we know he can't do 405 for 50 correct reps...

let this shit go guys, it's stupid...

405, 50 fucking times? platz did 500 23 times. you are talking twice as many reps plus 4, then minus 95 pounds...

no sir...

if you can do that, you'd be in a magazine doing it...

the question was if anybody on this planet can do this. that the threadstarter cant do it is crystalclear to me.

Benny Podda supposedly did 365 for 50 on the squat, it's just that not a lot of people go for such super high reps. I bet we'd have found someone by now. If someone can squat 1175ish for 1, I'm sure they could do 405 for 20 if they put their mind to it, it's just that no one tests their 50RMs.

And I'm pretty sure I could do 250lb Bar dips, but I don't do dips any more, I don't like what the belt does to my spine, looking for a weighted vest that can hold that much. I didn't think it was that unbelieveable, just if you're going to go out of your way to prove it, then ACTUALLY prove it.

Back