250lb dips

JohnnyQuo said:
here you go, dips with 250lbs round my waist, for 3 reps, just above parralell, just like i said. http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1ZU50O0PQJH1J1FJJ90QY8WW7D

Impressive weight.

Before I continue I want to say I am sure I cannot do that.

Now, that was no where near just above parrallel. Your arms were at a 65-70 degree angle. You are going to be flamed.

Again, I am not that strong.

Like said, nowhere near paralell, but strong nonetheless.

If you said you do it paralell, this is no proof

Jarfi said:
Like said, nowhere near paralell, but strong nonetheless.

If you said you do it paralell, this is no proof
i never said parralell, i said just above

Umm that was a ton of weight but whats the point of doing it with such a poor range of motion ? Your only gonna blow out your elbows

Is that the equivalent of the rack lockout during the bench press to aid in your sticking point of the dip? What can you real dip at?

Fedorable said:
Is that the equivalent of the rack lockout during the bench press to aid in your sticking point of the dip? What can you real dip at?
similar. i train it to improve the punching power of my straight blast, which is a continuous chain of 6 to 8 inch punches thrown rapidly. i can do parralell dips with 175lbs round my waist for 8 reps.

JohnnyQuo said:
thankyou very much!

Yeah, we'll see what Dan181 has to say about your suppossed 'lying', but hey, when doing 175 lbs tied to you on dips, isn't that just short of 4 plates?

The Woggle said:
Yeah, we'll see what Dan181 has to say about your suppossed 'lying', but hey, when doing 175 lbs tied to you on dips, isn't that just short of 4 plates?
yeah it is 4 plates. im gonna film some of my other lifts and post them, just to prove that i can do what ive said. ill take it as a complement that people thought it was a lie!

JohnnyQuo said:
yeah it is 4 plates. im gonna film some of my other lifts and post them, just to prove that i can do what ive said. ill take it as a complement that people thought it was a lie!

haha. Keep the vids commin'.

The Woggle said:
haha. Keep the vids commin'.
im trainin seated overhead press on sunday, ill film it and post it. my best is 355lbs for 2, lowering the bar to the top of my head.... but ill beat that and post the clip

JohnnyQuo said:
similar. i train it to improve the punching power of my straight blast, which is a continuous chain of 6 to 8 inch punches thrown rapidly. i can do parralell dips with 175lbs round my waist for 8 reps.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me, I really wasn't sure what the purpose of it was before the clarification. So far i've only done weighted dips once and I got 90lbs x 3. I think it is a good idea to post videos when you claim to lift a lot. I'll make a video when I hit a 225lbs bench, 405 squat, and 405 DL, even though they are easily believable lift.

JohnnyQuo said:
im trainin seated overhead press on sunday, ill film it and post it. my best is 355lbs for 2, lowering the bar to the top of my head.... but ill beat that and post the clip

to the top of your head? you do a lot of partials, I am newer to lifting (about 6 months, I don't do anything partial yet.

Fedorable said:
to the top of your head? you do a lot of partials, I am newer to lifting (about 6 months, I don't do anything partial yet.
ive been training since i was 12, and partials give you much better functional strength, perfect for mma. i still do full range reps, but they are more dangerous cos of the stretch involved. when i squat, i never ever go below parralell, its askin for knackered knees and lower back, sayin that, i've done 50 reps to just above parralell with 4 plates a side, and ive done 6 inch partials with 10 plates a side for 5 reps.

johnny do you compete in anything?

Back