News Ketlen Vieira vs Kayla Harrison set for UFC 307 on October 5th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Viera is a better striker in my opinion.
Eh she is but she isn't a refined striker. She is kind of big and wild. I think she swings hard but she can't land the punch on the button. She is also easy to hit because she brawls.

I was mainly referring to he being a top game judo person with decent strength. It's unfortunate that Harrison is much more of a goon than her. Ketlen isn't going to get top position against Harrison. I don't think Harrison is going to get subbed either. Harrison doesn't really grapple on the ground as the first option. She rather maul the opponent with strikes first.

Eh she is but she isn't a refined striker. She is kind of big and wild. I think she swings hard but she can't land the punch on the button. She is also easy to hit because she brawls.

I was mainly referring to he being a top game judo person with decent strength. It's unfortunate that Harrison is much more of a goon than her. Ketlen isn't going to get top position against Harrison. I don't think Harrison is going to get subbed either. Harrison doesn't really grapple on the ground as the first option. She rather maul the opponent with strikes first.

I think more of this fight will be on the feet than kayla is used to, which is why I think ketlen being a bit better on the feet is important. We'll see though.

I think more of this fight will be on the feet than kayla is used to, which is why I think ketlen being a bit better on the feet is important. We'll see though.
If Kayla runs through Ketlen or controls the fight, she deserves a shot at the strap.

It was incredible how thoroughly Kayla dominated Holly, who is a good athlete and fairly strong for the weight class.

Gane gets offered a title shot after one win. Colby gets a title shot after one win and a year of inactivity. Stipe gets a title shot after 4 years of inactivity. Why isn't Kayla getting a title shot? Sounds like Pennington is ducking her because I can't imagine the UFC didn't offer the fight.

UFC seems set on giving Pena the first shot at Pennington for better or worse, so this fight vs Vieira makes plenty of sense for Harrison in the meantime.
My theory is they’re hoping Peña beats Pennington, so she can run her mouth nonstop en route to a massive beating by Harrison

Is this at 135? Kayla can’t make that cut that many times. They need to just give her a shot, pay cyborg and Amanda to comeback at 145

I think this will be closer than a lot of people think. Ketlen's skills match up well with Kayla's, and she's pretty strong in her own right. I think whoever ends up on their back loses this one, but also can see it turning into a wall and stall stalemate.

Gane gets offered a title shot after one win. Colby gets a title shot after one win and a year of inactivity. Stipe gets a title shot after 4 years of inactivity. Why isn't Kayla getting a title shot? Sounds like Pennington is ducking her because I can't imagine the UFC didn't offer the fight.
Horse patootie.

Pennington is already booked against Peña, a fight that was being worked on for a while now

This is what's wrong with the UFC. Pennington is probably one of the lowest skilled WMMA champs in history, Kayla looks like a destroyer and just rolled through Holm. Yet they are going to put Pena who has had 2 fights since 2021 and coming off a loss, where she caught Nunes on an off day and got obliterated the rematch.

Anyone with eyes knows Kayla is looking like the big fish in the division. Yet we waste our time with Pennington/Pena. UFC just can't give the fighters with the best performance a title shot instead of wasting their careers. Most fighters only fight twice a year.

If Kayla runs through Ketlen or controls the fight, she deserves a shot at the strap.

It was incredible how thoroughly Kayla dominated Holly, who is a good athlete and fairly strong for the weight class.

why isn't she fighting for the belt right now? is there already some terrible title fight in the division lined up?

Back