Crime 100 prominent Republicans threaten to start new party.

What you guys need is a third party that aligns closer to the middle than both current options.

A lot of "former" office holders in that article. Don't know how much weight it really has without more "current" people.

https://www.businessinsider.com/republicans-threaten-leave-gop-if-doesnt-split-trump-2021-5

The right is eating itself over a fat trust fund baby born on 3rd base who tells everyone he just hit a triple.
This is getting fun to watch.
This will split the GOP and honestly I want a 3rd party. Both parties spend more time fighting culture wars, playing victims and constantly engaging in Whataboutism, than actually governing. I could get behind a non crazy conservative party, that once again starts believing in balanced budgets and not be a cult of personality. The low IQ nut jobs will always believe the Big Lie, but the adults in the party want to distance themselves from the Big Lie bullshit.
Once Donny was running trillion dollar deficits Pre-Covid, I was out. Cutting taxes and increasing spending is still some of the dumbest shit I have seen from a GOP president with a GOP controlled Congress.
The problem with this 3rd party is initially I think it would shift the power too much to the left which would not be good, but could work after a couple election cycles because one thing the right and left are good at, is getting power and fucking it up.
This is what happens when voters upend the establishment. Glorious.

I hope they actually follow through.

notice how the democrats tell their populists to heel, and the puppies obey.

Trump's party would make the current Republican party look like Redcoats.

Reminder: a de-Trumped 3rd party full of former Republicans would still suck an incredible amount of ass.
e8b62c43e33c2df29b9ac80644dfed38.gif

What you guys need is a third party that aligns closer to the middle than both current options.

What do you mean by middle? The Democratic party is to the right of most other left wing parties in other countries.

What do you mean by middle? The Democratic party is to the right of most other left wing parties in other countries.
Because the U.S. isn't in Western Europe? Neither is the majority of the world, for that matter.

This is what happens when voters upend the establishment. Glorious.

I hope they actually follow through.

notice how the democrats tell their populists to heel, and the puppies obey.
you do know that if they make a 3rd party trump will never be re elected .. you will cut the repub vote in half and you will never win another presidency

Because the U.S. isn't in Western Europe? Neither is the majority of the world, for that matter.

What's your idea of a "middle" party exactly? Right now the U.S. has one party pushing moderate changes and another party obstructing them.

you do know that if they make a 3rd party trump will never be re elected .. you will cut the repub vote in half and you will never win another presidency
Yes, but you don’t understand what that means.

it’ll be glorious.

It’s all relative. There is still a significant gap between D and R. Lots of voters are only pleased by a portion of the platform of either party, and a third option would give a sound alternative to voters who don’t fully identify with either parties.

The Republican party is in shambles and this is demonstrative of that fact. For a long time they haven't posed any viable solutions with which their people can easily identify.

You need more than just criticisms- you have to offer a plan of your own that makes sense, at least to the people whose votes you want.

I know people will dump on me for saying this but that's why Trump got elected- he offered solutions. Now granted they were either fake solutions, or untempered by the reality of political landscape, or all out lies, but hey.

A lot of "former" office holders in that article. Don't know how much weight it really has without more "current" people.

Military folk should keep their opinions to themselves as a rule, especially active.

That said, signing onto supporting a group the keystone pipeline and against political correctness, is swaying out their lane. Its a pretty nakedly political group, rather than anything considered as part of national security etc.

Nice nice.
I want all parties to split up, there is more sides than just 2 sides....let crazy right wingers create their own party.
The idea does sound good in theory. Kinda like in Netherlands where there is 17 (?) parties. Here's the problem. There's only one winner, right? 1 out of 2 odds always seems like a better bet than 1 out 17.

Or am I just thinking too much like a gambler?

The vast majority of the GOP objectively opposes democracy. They supported a coup and are passing laws at the state level to restrict access. They supported overturning a fair election. None of it is debatable.

You’re so stupid you support it to own the libs or whatever. I’m old school, I think we should vote for those who hold power in government and you live with the results.
"vast majority" what??? I have yet to meet a person IRL or on this board that supported that crap on Jan. 6. WE ALL hoped those goofs end up in jail.

Good, they'll have more time for their MSNBC visits when they're voted out next election. I want to see Liz Cheney run with her neocon party and then switch to democrat after getting BTFO.
Quick question, what is going on with this Liz Cheney person? And why?

A third party with the right leader could be a force. There are just as many Dems who wish for a more moderate, less extreme, Democratic Party that it could work.

"vast majority" what??? I have yet to meet a person IRL or on this board that supported that crap on Jan. 6. WE ALL hoped those goofs end up in jail.
I’m talking about the GOP, you know, the political party. I can count on less than one hand the number that opposed that stuff in the entire Congress.

Back