Crime 100 prominent Republicans threaten to start new party.

While a 3rd party sounds ideal, the Canadian "3rd party" the New Democratic Party has seen very limited success.

The NDP has never won a federal election, which is for our Prime Minister. They have had limited success as official opposition and have won a few provincial elections occasionally, but they really haven't seen a lot of success.

They consistently rank 3rd or 4th(!!!) behind the Conservatives, Liberals and the Bloq Quebecois- which is a Quebec based separatist political party.

A 3rd party sounds great and all in theory, but they've been around since August, 1961 - 61 years now, and have failed to win a single federal election.

In fact they now have 0 seats in the Canadian Senate and only 24 of a possible 338 seats in our House of Commons.
What does the Canadian electorate look like? I only ask because as of a recent Gallup poll, Independents make up a significant plurality of US voters, 40%. There's at least one spike that's as high as 50%.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

Granted, those won't all split to a third party, but even if the numbers aren't there yet we're getting closer. Americans want a change.

Those are the people that care about preserving it from the forces YOUR party saw as the existential threat just like 10 years ago, dumbass.. I mean, you’re really talking about the borderline independents who realize what the establishment right was doing, that the left is NOW doing?

Holy sh*t are the leftist shills on here stupid.
The vast majority of the GOP objectively opposes democracy. They supported a coup and are passing laws at the state level to restrict access. They supported overturning a fair election. None of it is debatable.

You’re so stupid you support it to own the libs or whatever. I’m old school, I think we should vote for those who hold power in government and you live with the results.

If they follow through they likely won't be successful in a presidential race but might be able to win some victories in all other areas.. But the Republican/Trump party might be screwed. Their narrow margin paths to victories will become even more difficult with the defection of even 5% of Republicans. But the Trump party is likely now more concerned about establishing obedience and loyalty in their base without a lot of thought to long term prospects.

Imagine Trump's legacy is destroying the Republican party.

Curious what policy positions the splinter party would take that would actually garner support relative to the current GOP.

Not insisting on lying to the American public is a good start I guess, but that might make the rest of their agenda hard to communicate.

It’s a two party system at the moment. You have to work within one of them to get control. Making a third party in this political landscape won’t work. It’s possible to get things there in the future with how elections are run but for now, nah

Both parties should splinter. They're both completely f*cked over with idiots on either side of the aisle.

Form a third party comprised of people who support the US Constitution and limiting the power of Government.

If they do that, they need to appeal to centrist and old fashioned Democrats. They need to lure these voters from the far left.
Otherwise they won’t have the numbers to make an impact.

Good, they'll have more time for their MSNBC visits when they're voted out next election. I want to see Liz Cheney run with her neocon party and then switch to democrat after getting BTFO.

Last edited:
How much of an appetite for a right-of-center party even is there in America? Seems like any conservatives that haven't drifted to the far right and feel perfectly fine with the likes of Cruz running the show have made themselves comfortable bedfellows with the neolibs.

There won't be any viable third parties formed until the GOP finally implodes for good and no longer becomes a major threat to establishment Dems. When that happens, I'd reckon the leftists will see the writing on the wall when their services are no longer needed for Team Blue and break off to form their own party. Expecting hardline conservatives to splinter themselves when they are quite aware of their increasing marginalization is a foolish bet imo

This doesn't stand a chance. The only way we would actually get a new party is enough disenfranchised anti-establishment types discovered that they actually agree on the most important issues. Doesn't look like that will be happening any time soon.

Are these the dame Lincoln Project clowns? Or are they NeoCons? Either way... the Republicans should wish them a good day.

I would rather see that on the left. Push out the crazies and come back with a reasonable mandate

While a 3rd party sounds ideal, the Canadian "3rd party" the New Democratic Party has seen very limited success.

You don't have to leave the US and go to Canada to see a plethora of "third parties" that have existed for eons but have never come close to winning a presidential election.

The non-democrat or republican presidential candidate who had the best showing in the modern era wasn't even backed by a third party. Perot ran as an independent.

Back