Crime 100 prominent Republicans threaten to start new party.

Quick question, what is going on with this Liz Cheney person? And why?
She's Dick Cheney's daughter, so naturally her entire career has been nepotism working in various positions at the state department, consulting for finance firms, then got BTFO'd running for senate, so she ran for the house and got put on as chair of the house republican conference. She claims to be a republican, yet didn't vote for the republican president, tried to impeach him a couple times, talks mostly to democrat news outlets and spouts left wing talking points, so they had a closed door vote to take her off her leadership position, and now democrats are rushing to her defense.

She's Dick Cheney's daughter, so naturally her entire career has been nepotism working in various positions at the state department, consulting for finance firms, then got BTFO'd running for senate, so she ran for the house and got put on as chair of the house republican conference. She claims to be a republican, yet didn't vote for the republican president, tried to impeach him a couple times, talks mostly to democrat news outlets and spouts left wing talking points, so they had a closed door vote to take her off her leadership position, and now democrats are rushing to her defense.
Ah OK. So she needs to get on outta here.

I’m talking about the GOP, you know, the political party.
Proof? link? I don't remember any OFFICIAL personnel* saying the shitfest on Jan. 6 was a good idea.

edit: I think Kevin Sorbo supported it. That's the highest level of personnel that I can think of off the top of my head.

*I am not too knowledgeable how many or who the "GOP" encompasses.

Last edited:
people complain about two party politics, then complain when different wings of the parties want to break off. what do you want?

They won’t do shit and if they try it will fail. Donald Trump is the owner and proprietor of the Republican Party, the standard bearer for conservatism, and the arbiter of reality for 70+ million chuds and there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

It's pretty much a given that if a liberal posts an anti conservative thread, you'll be on the first page posting some variation of this TDS. You're just a broken record at this point.

It's pretty much a given that if a liberal posts an anti conservative thread, you'll be on the first page posting some variation of this TDS. You're just a broken record at this point.

I’m not wrong though am I?

Those are the people that care about preserving it from the forces YOUR party saw as the existential threat just like 10 years ago, dumbass.. I mean, you’re really talking about the borderline independents who realize what the establishment right was doing, that the left is NOW doing?

Holy sh*t are the leftist shills on here stupid.

His post made me literally laugh out loud. How does a grown man get so brainwashed

Well with that attitude!

I’m actually very interested in a multiparty system but our current elections don’t allow for that. Third parties are seen as spoilers and until we get more run offs and/or ranked choice voting elections at the local level, it will continue to be a permanent two party system. Maine became the first state to do ranked choice voting for their federal elections I believe so there is progress, especially if you look at local elections across the country. It’s just going to take at least a decade minimum to possibly see a national consequence to it imo. Most of the third party people don’t see that long game and just assume they can somehow get a president in when that would be the last step.

I’m actually very interested in a multiparty system but our current elections don’t allow for that. Third parties are seen as spoilers and until we get more run offs and/or ranked choice voting elections at the local level, it will continue to be a permanent two party system. Maine became the first state to do ranked choice voting for their federal elections I believe so there is progress, especially if you look at local elections across the country. It’s just going to take at least a decade minimum to possibly see a national consequence to it imo. Most of the third party people don’t see that long game and just assume they can somehow get a president in when that would be the last step.
It was fairly viable in the 1800s. He'll even Teddy Roosevelt got 29 percent of the popular vote in 1912 after making up his own party. Guess part had to do with him already being president previously.

It was fairly viable in the 1800s. He'll even Teddy Roosevelt got 29 percent of the popular vote in 1912 after making up his own party. Guess part had to do with him already being president previously.

Yea but all that did was allow Wilson to have a blowout election. The electoral system makes the spoiler aspect amplified because it can split the top two candidates votes in a states and award it to the party that remaining consolidated.

The other thing is say Roosevelt did win. I don’t think that would’ve led to a true new third party and multiparty system. The Republican Party just would’ve died and their network/ supporters would’ve moved over to the new one. Not much change as a result other than who holds the power in the party and in this case, it would’ve been the past party leader.

She claims to be a republican, yet didn't vote for the republican president, tried to impeach him a couple times, talks mostly to democrat news outlets and spouts left wing talking points, so they had a closed door vote to take her off her leadership position, and now democrats are rushing to her defense.

So, like any sane Republicans left in the party, she wants to distance herself from the Trump legacy and insane right wing of the party; which was recently completly routed at the election?

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

So, like any sane Republicans left in the party, she wants to distance herself from the Trump legacy and insane right wing of the party; which was recently completly routed at the election?

Seems pretty reasonable to me.
You're welcome to her, she makes a much better democrat. NYT seem to agree, since they're the ones publishing her sanctimonious letter. Ya know, along with all the other "conservative" stuff they like to publish.

iu

While a 3rd party sounds ideal, the Canadian "3rd party" the New Democratic Party has seen very limited success.

The NDP has never won a federal election, which is for our Prime Minister. They have had limited success as official opposition and have won a few provincial elections occasionally, but they really haven't seen a lot of success.

They consistently rank 3rd or 4th(!!!) behind the Conservatives, Liberals and the Bloq Quebecois- which is a Quebec based separatist political party.

A 3rd party sounds great and all in theory, but they've been around since August, 1961 - 61 years now, and have failed to win a single federal election.

In fact they now have 0 seats in the Canadian Senate and only 24 of a possible 338 seats in our House of Commons.
Since Jack leyton died, you are correct. Singh is an absolute retard and nobody likes him except the same sort of people who like AOC
They did supplant the liberals once.

However, the parliamentary system is very different. You get seats based on votes yes and you need a certain amount of seats to win a majority government. Lately we have minority governments, which means the leading party in the minority government must court votes and favors from the other parties if they want enough votes to do anything. Which is why the Liberals are allies with the NDP. but occasionally, the NDP sees Trudeau is a retard and goes against him.

You're welcome to her, she makes a much better democrat. NYT seem to agree, since they're the ones publishing her sanctimonious letter. Ya know, along with all the other "conservative" stuff they like to publish.

iu
It's a troubling issue in your party that anyone who is seen as moderate, it willing to compromise with the other side is labelled a Rhino.

You kind if end up with the crazy leadership you deserve when you act like this.

It's a troubling issue in your party that anyone who is seen as moderate, it willing to compromise with the other side is labelled a Rhino.

You kind if end up with the crazy leadership you deserve when you act like this.
Which is why we do have the crazy leadership we deserve, and the dollar's going to shit, we just had the biggest jobs prediction miss in decades, and the middle class will yet again get pushed down another rung.

Just cute that you now see the Cheney's as "moderate, and willing to compromise with the other side". When her dad, whose policy preferences she shares, was VP, he was evil incarnate and a war criminal. Democrats bitch more than anybody about how terrible the country is, yet can't seem to get enough of permanent Washington, lifers, and legacy politicians. Hope and change indeed.

@nostradumbass

Your system will continue to produce leaders from the elite, as your system is a massive bribe a thon.

You need to be a millionaire to run for president. That is not right.

You need to take all the money out from politics, get rid of lobbyists and start again. That goes for both sides.

Until then both sides need to step to the middle and recognise that both parties bring valid ideas and policies to the table.

Back