Opinion Criticize your own party/side

No, Jack. The topic of the thread is "Criticize Your Own Party", not "Argue With Everyone Who Criticizes Your Party"

Simple misread on your part, I'm sure.
I’ve never seen a grown man beg for another grown man’s attention as much as you do to @Jack V Savage
What’s this like 1,000 times you’ve quoted him without him giving you any reply? Have some dignity and obsess over someone else already.

I'm center right.

I am in favor of gay marriage and against discrimination against gays, though I think aspects of the trans movement are too extreme like letting biological males compete against biological females or allowing children to transition.

I am against the war on drugs. Marijuana and psychedelics should be legal. Not sure what to do about other drugs, but they should all be treated as more of a medical problem than a criminal problem.

I think Republicans don't do enough for the environment. I'm less worried about global warming than pollution. I would like to see a major reduction in carcinogens. I'm from the gulf south, and there are all kinds of chemical plants spewing all kinds of shit into the atmosphere.

I am in favor of universal healthcare. The pandemic has shown that you can't just have healthcare tied to your employer because there will be times of mass unemployment. Most people that I know have gone through periods of not having health insurance due to a temporary lack of work.

Fuck parties. As an atheist liberal non westerner, i have to go with the right in the US because western right is centre-right at most in the rest of the world but western left is out of this world stupidity. And considering how western leftist supports the most conservative non-westerners in the name of shits like ''respecting the culture'', ''standing against islamophobia'', they are technically my enemy.
Yeah this has nothing to do with this thread but i hate western leftists so much i can't stop talking shit to them. Cancer of the world.
Now tell us how you really feel

Center left. I blame centrists like me more so for how politicized the country is right now. If more people voted 3rd party that'd send a clear message that we the citizens are getting sick of the more extremes the political parties are taking.

America has two right wing parties. One is just bat shit insane. Both the Republicans and Democrats are authoritarian capitalist parties. Criticism of my side is that almost no one that has any real morals will run for office and won't get financial support to run for office. We allow corruption and just say "omg look at these other people."

America has two right wing parties. One is just bat shit insane. Both the Republicans and Democrats are authoritarian capitalist parties. Criticism of my side is that almost no one that has any real morals will run for office and won't get financial support to run for office. We allow corruption and just say "omg look at these other people."

I'll give an actual criticism of "the left"...and I put that in quotes because there isnt really much in the ways of actual recognizable leftism in American political spaces. The left is just absolutely terrible at messaging, so much so that this one of the factors that keeps the wealthy class buying into far right ideology which almost never works out for anyone, including them. Think of how all those Russian oligarchs feel, most just want to continue being of the wealthy class and feeling like they're above the plebs, and instead they get dragged into a mess by a megalomaniac who is liable to kill them if they dont fund his obsession with procuring Ukranian territory.

The wealthy class keeps gravitating towards dictators because they're so easily seduced by tax cuts and the promise of some form of cheap labor (immigrants, permanent underclass, child labor, etc.), or ownership of resources. Leftists dont do well enough at getting people to understand that allowing for the establishment of capitalist oligarchy never yields them the freedoms and easy lives they were promised. That essentially it's an MLM scheme, and most of our leaders are attempting to convince is that funneling our money up is STILL a good idea. And now the right are blatantly suggesting that democratic engagement SHOULD be restricted to their favored demographics, if not eliminated altogether. Leftists dont often know how to engage with this, how to demonstrate that this isnt really conservatism because our conservatives waste so much money it isnt even funny. That they convince people to constantly vote against their interests because feelings, which leads to policies that cost more money than they yield.

And again I'm using the term "left" very graciously because as you pointed out, in the US we have the choice of voting for the capitalist party...or the other capitalist party. But on the grass roots level it's not at all hard to get people on board with what would be thought of as leftist ideas, so long as you dont tell them that's what they are.

Back