Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Law $1 million bond for rioters. Does this help, or make things worse?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by nhbbear, Sep 16, 2020 at 7:20 AM.

1. nhbbear Duty Belt

On the wall, pissing off the edge of the world
    I have seen the video multiple times. It’s his apartment. She never lived there. They broke up and she went to get her belongings. Those items were a pair of jeans, shampoo, and something else. He waited up the street for 45 mins waiting for her to leave. She was texting him “face me you pussy” and when she wouldn’t leave, he turned his phone on and went in and told her “you have your three things now please leave.” She refused and started calling him names. He said “yes, I am a piece of shit now please leave.” When he did not give her the response she wanted, she started breaking stuff-photos, knocking over things, pulling things out of his fridge and dumping them. Then she tried to dump something on his carpet and he grabbed it out of her hand and she started hitting him. He had previously told me that she got aggressive when she was drunk and I told him to get the fuck away from her. She hit him several times with her hands and there shoe before he pulled out the camera and said “you’re on film attacking me, now leave(told her 135 times) and he opened the door. She rushed him and tried to slam the door on him. Fearing what she would do to the house, he pushed the door back open. She then turned off the lights several times to thwart the camera. I also think she planned to say that he hit her during that period. She was baiting him the whole time to get revenge. When she cornered him, he finally gave in.

Why didn’t he call the police? It’s incredibly embarrassing. These are guys he works with. He just wanted her to leave.

2. nhbbear Duty Belt

I still think that posting $50k for a bond will drain those resources, especially when they reoffend. I just don’t want to see the 8th violated, which it appears it has. With that said, the next night the protests were that, protests and not a riot. Is it the body cam footage or the high bail that did that?

Philo-Publius likes this.
  3. Bloody Pulp Gold Belt

was she hot? She sounds crazy enough to be hot.

4. Ichibanner Purple Belt

[​IMG]

I'm fine with the "Up With People" cast getting their bail set so high. Is it excessive? Maybe. Does it make a much needed point? Definitely.

Crim and Mcountry like this.
  5. jx820 Red Belt

One is a crime one is a dollar figure. A crying can produce a dollar figure worth of damage.

Like I said arson is bad. I'll add to that, that arson is expensive. I genuinely feel very bad for all the victims of these riots. Still, to date, the United States has lost zero cities to arson.

6. Ready2Defend Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Listen to these idiots try to rationalize anarchy and violence to achieve change.

They sure as hell will cry to their mothers when the pendulum swings the other way and good citizens get fed up en masse.

Crim likes this.
  7. JDragon I like posters who don't get reported.

Fully understood, but I see no justification to let them free on bond if there are reasons to hold them, and no reason to hold them unless bond is posted if there is no reason to assume they disappear.

8. BEER Steel Belt Platinum Member

Yeah, that's a rough situation, no doubt. Thanks for the backstory. It makes more sense that way. I think in domestic situations like that, you kind of have to choke down your shame and call someone. Like, don't even go in the house if she's refusing to leave.

But I get the flipside too. I've mentioned it before, but when I was a teenager dating a significantly older girl (I was 16 and she was 24), I went over to break up with her and she went nuts and came at me with a knife. She stabbed me once in the arm, and slashed my other one before I just knocked her clean out. I called 911 for an ambulance, and was arrested and spent the night in jail after I got stitches. I was released the next day because she refused to press charges (which is INSANE).

Now I understand dudes who text breakups lmao.

9. Scerpi Red Belt

You're picking a weird hill to die on...

spamking likes this.
  10. lifelessheap Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Big like. Like bigly.

11. Ichibanner Purple Belt

Which is due to circumstance, not by design or personal intent. Arsonists are negligent. We decry drive-by shootings and the indiscriminate harm the bullets often cause. Arson is simply a different, yet all too often, indiscriminate form of violence.

12. TestosterOWN ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ้้้้้้้้้้#O͙ͦͯͦͯ͛

Don’t they only gotta come up with 100k? I guess it’s excessive. Maybe make it 500k so they gotta come up with 50k. And these idiots funding them will prob stop paying.

13. Ophydian Black Belt

Has there been proof of people reoffending? If so then a 1 mil bond on a second offense is warranted as long as the offense is serious in nature.

Reyesnuthugr likes this.
  14. nhbbear Duty Belt

Can anyone find out how much the rioters bond was in nyc? Clara kraebber was the one dubbed “little red rioting hood” after she and a few other twats caused over 100k in damages. She is from a wealthy family and goes to a 50k/year college(rice university) which I am sure she will he ejected from.
    She and her cohorts also set fires. I can’t find anything on her bond

Reyesnuthugr likes this.
  15. Mcountry Black Belt

Good.

Let hollywood spend real money bailing them out. That money can be used to repair the shit nonsense they destroyed.

16. IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

I think you raise good points. What it comes down to is that being tried for a crime punishes an individual, even if they are ultimately deemed not guilty. Prosecutors in the US justice system already wield enormous power with little oversight. The ability to jail citizens for months at a time on thin charges could be easily abused.

The downside of the bail system is that sometimes criminals who should be jailed are free to wreak havoc on the populace.

It's going to be imperfect either way.

JDragon likes this.
  17. jx820 Red Belt

Honestly the wierdest part to me is that literally the way this discussion has gone is:

Other poster: Thing that didn't happen happened.

Me: Thing that didn't happen didn't happen.

Everyone else: What a jerk you are for grounding the conversation in objective reality. Can't you let us have a melodramatic sowing circle.

18. lfd0311 Pink Belt

This particular dollar figure is caused by this particular crime. Not a number of isolated incidents. Good to see you caught that.

One that is of course insignificant to you. Do you see why people don't like you?

I doubt that. Your lack of concern for these people, and the constant excuses for the actions of the people who have done this to them would indicate otherwise.

Note that you had to say "arson" specifically, because you couldn't say "rioting" and you knew it. Which again suggests that you don't actually have any concern for the people impacted by this rioting. Even those impacted to the point of death. Detached, sheltered, aloof liberalism like this is rot of Western Civilization, not the savior.

Crim likes this.
  19. jx820 Red Belt

100% agreed. At no point did I or would I dispute that fact.

Ichibanner likes this.
  20. nhbbear Duty Belt

That is crazy. If I respond to that call, you arrest the primary aggressor or the person that does the most damage. It would be easy to believe that you ko’d her after the stabby bitch struck first.

I had an ex get her shit when I was a freshman in college. She called her new bf from my house and I caught her and told her to get off my phone. She got pissed because now she had to explain why she was at my house. She responded by hitting me in the head with a can of cat food causing a cut above my eye. I wanted to blast her, but also wanted rid of her and her trailer trash roots would have liked that.

BEER likes this.