Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Law $1 million bond for rioters. Does this help, or make things worse?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by nhbbear, Sep 16, 2020 at 7:20 AM.

1. lfd0311 Pink Belt

What if Billy had insurance though? It's ok AMIRITE?!?!?!

2. nhbbear Duty Belt

On the wall, pissing off the edge of the world
    how nice was this toy truck?

3. Higus Gold Belt

Of course not, but insurance can replace the toy, and Tommy still got 10 minutes on time out.

4. nhbbear Duty Belt

There are victim’s compensation funds that will help, but there are limits and you have to qualify. What qualifies one for this assistance is not in my wheelhouse. Also, it is a percentage. Like a person attacked and hospitalized can get some money towards bills, but maybe not all of it, so the person may still be out of money

Broke Lester and Higus like this.
  5. jx820 Red Belt

So then no actual examples. Just "tone".

Again, I didn't say this. The tone you're reading here is your words, not mine.

I responded to a comment about cities burning down. He didn't say rioting. He said cities burning down. He may have meant something other than that, but that's not what was said.

I wasn't the one who introduced the point of cities being destroyed. I'm simply responding to it. I think your beef may be with @thehighking.

Would it make you feel better if I reiterate for the 10th time in this thread that a significant amount of damage has been done in US cities that are otherwise largely intact? Because I'm pretty open about the fact that property damage and violence are happening.

Was it not a mugging? Is that an inaccurate description? Because every article I read at the time and since called it a mugging.

I'm not sure what the link is about. I would have thought at this point that we were both clear that there have been some deaths. I'm agreeing with you that there has been violence and I think that's bad. I wish things weren't violent.

6. Higus Gold Belt

Courts can order garnished wages or have other methods for restitution. I'd defer to the sherdog lawyers for more information

7. Higus Gold Belt

Whats the glass door of a police station equivalent of a toy truck?

8. Broke Lester Brown Belt

Yeah but the person has to be working, then it depends on how much they can pay per month. Imagine being owed 200K and collecting $500 per month, meanwhile if you had your 200k.......

9. Broke Lester Brown Belt

I had this car hauler tractor/trailer about 40 years ago and it was a good one, made in metal, you mess with that thing and it's on.

10. A Very Serious Cat Red Belt

Help. One less person to go out and ruin innocent people lives

11. Higus Gold Belt

Another issue is that high bails coerce people to plea bargain to crimes they might not have committed.

12. Tropodan Silver Belt

Deep state has been bonding them out.

So make it more expensive.

Sounds good to me.

13. nhbbear Duty Belt

I had two or three trucks that were metal and post-apocalyptic like mad max type of stuff. I would have killed someone over those

Broke Lester likes this.
  14. SanchoMF Equally Useless

Good things :
    Hell yes.

Bad things :
    1. Maybe it is, maybe it's not : up to interpretation.
    2. If 1 is proven to be legit, then the rioters can continue if they dare and more suckers get the same treatment
    3. Countermeasure against conspiracy.
    4. Ignore them all or treat them like the children they are.

At this stage with hundreds of millions worth of property damages, a few dead bodies and number of lost businesses I think a lot more action can be taken on a federal level against the rioters. Maybe higher bails and more effective prosecution.
    The woke-boot licking politicians who were cheering for 'street justice' and more fiery but mostly peaceful protests have been relatively quiet after the actual rioting couldn't be ignored, not even the famous 93%-study didn't really help.
    It's a positive sign.

15. HeffDoesWant Purple Belt

What better way to refute institutional racism than a little institutional racism.

Smart play.

16. nhbbear Duty Belt

again, I would be more than happy to watch these shitheels rot in prison, but a high bond that is usually reserved for murderers helps their cause, not the people who oppose the rioting and looting. Sure, they may cheer at the notion, hell I did, but then the other stuff set in. I then found articles detailing just that. This will be a rally cry for equal justice. Why? Because a few of the million dollar bond club are black, and that is all it takes to justify their outrage. It doesn’t matter that the whites people got the same bond, or that one douche had a gun......but but guns are dangerous in the hands of the right, it matters that they can whip this into a “this is against those speaking out against racial inequality”

17. lfd0311 Pink Belt

And there it is. This is where people like you always expose the fact that you aren't real adults who an actual understanding of how the world actually works. Insurance doesn't "replace" anything. It gives you some money for the thing you lost. It doesn't replace it. It doesn't give you close to full value.

18. lfd0311 Pink Belt

The tone is the argument. You can continue dodging and being intellectually dishonest, it doesn't make me look bad.

But it is what you're saying. And it's why your getting flamed. The problem isn't just that everyone else can't read.

Holy shit, it's almost like you still missed the point entirely.

Concession accepted

Now we're finally getting somewhere...

By "peaceful protesters". A key detail that was missing. You and others are too quick to dismiss it as random criminality. It isn't, that again is the point.

19. spamking Click, click, boom!

Making a statement about a city burning down for emphasis is being a drama queen?

20. spamking Click, click, boom!

Speaking of strawman . . . .