News GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix is set for March 9 in Arnhem, the Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Draw favors Rico very heavily, not only does he avoid the big power punchers in his side of the bracket the other side will probably have some wars or at least fight that will have the fighters carry over damage in the next round.

Bit dissapointing but oh well.

Its HW bro ... It only takes one man.. and UKu proved that with Badr..

I wouldn't write this draw off just yet...

Doesn't take much to TKO Badr though, a fart would do it. I wouldn't use that as a proof of anything.

Besides Opacic and Kryklia, is there anyone else missing?
Some could argue Badr. I would say Ben Saddik, Kryklia, Opacic, Innocente, maybe even someone like Overeem or Spong would bring some nostalgia and excitement even if they aren't in their prime anymore.

Edit: I guess Overeem is still suspended until 14th March and some of the others are injured.

Last edited:
Some could argue Badr. I would say Ben Saddik, Kryklia, Opacic, Innocente, maybe even someone like Overeem or Spong would bring some nostalgia and excitement even if they aren't in their prime anymore.

Edit: I guess Overeem is still suspended until 14th March and some of the others are injured.
Alistair Overeem officially announced his retirement from combat sports a few months ago:

He's been hinting at retirement for several years, just throw some cash at him, or some horse meat.
I know, but this one was really really “official”.
Reem is into politics now:

Lol @ this comment though:
“There is no one on earth who’s had more vaccines/jabs than Alistair Overeem”
1706730264196.jpeg

Iam still skeptic about this, everything can happen sure but if the ones who can make those upsets happen are fighting each other kinda favors Rico and his systematic approach.
Sure maybe there's a couple bigger punchers on the other side of the bracker, but Rico would demolish them too, really doesn't make much of a difference as far as I can see.
JBS not being in this really messed this up. If he is in there and Plazibat as well the possibilities for upsets are much higher.
I will still enjoy the fights, Nabil vs Maheddine will probably be a fast paced action packed fight and entertaining.

Just my 2 cents.

looks like a Rico win. Smart choice, Soufian is the weakest here. Then the first bracet will bruise each other up to the final.

Full fightcard.
I don’t know why they put Galaz vs Hammouche so high in the bout order, lol:

Full fightcard.
I don’t know why they put Galaz vs Hammouche so high in the bout order, lol:

Surely it's meant to be switched with Beztati vs Kehl. I also like when Glory puts super fight, when it most certainly is not a super fight.

Nordine Mahieddine is OUT, they’re looking for a replacement:

GLORY HEAVYWEIGHT GRAND PRIX UPDATE​

6efdfde1b60fd8079fd18a14530ab8d7.webp

Nordine Mahieddine is unable to participate in the GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix on March 9 due to an inability to comply with GLORY’s new safety and health regulations that were implemented at the start of 2024. The 34-year-old was scheduled to face Nabil Khachab in the opening round of the Grand Prix.

“We are disappointed not to have Nordine competing in the Grand Prix,” said Robbie Timmers, GLORY Head of Talent & Sports. “However, part of being on the GLORY roster is compliance with our health and safety regulations to ensure a fair environment for all athletes and their opponents. On this occasion, Nordine was unable to make it through our health and safety procedures that are required in advance of the Grand Prix. We respect Nordine’s skills in the martial arts and no doubt we will soon see him back in the GLORY ring.”

GLORY will announce which heavyweight from the division will be selected as a wildcard to replace him in the coming days.

Taking place at the GelreDome in Arnhem, the Netherlands, the GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix will feature eight of the best heavyweight kickboxers on the planet competing in a tournament where they must win three bouts in one night to claim the prize of $500,000.

Confirmed participants include Rico Verhoeven (61-10, 20 KO), Levi Rigters (15-1, 7 KO), Tariq Osaro (25-3-1, 13 KO), Sofian Laïdouni (35-2-1, 17 KO), Uku Jürjendal (20-8, 16 KO), Bahram Rajabzadeh (65-1, 58 KO), and Nabil Khachab (25-18, 13 KO).

Glory asking if JBS should join only means one thing and thats that he is in. People will go crazy if glory doesnt listen.

If they keep the draw the same and JBS will meet Rico in the semi that would be insane. It will make this tournement legit thats for sure.

Shouldn't even ask, just throw JBS in there. Overwhelmingly the fans agree thankfully. Finally the Badr delusions are over.

Rico is winning the whole thing sir.

I thought Cookie had a chance to beat Rico but he was outclassed, and Rico looked pretty good for not fighting in 2 years.

I can only imagine he'll look even better this next time out.

Just my opinion of course.

Nordine Mahieddine is OUT, they’re looking for a replacement:

GLORY HEAVYWEIGHT GRAND PRIX UPDATE​

6efdfde1b60fd8079fd18a14530ab8d7.webp

Nordine Mahieddine is unable to participate in the GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix on March 9 due to an inability to comply with GLORY’s new safety and health regulations that were implemented at the start of 2024. The 34-year-old was scheduled to face Nabil Khachab in the opening round of the Grand Prix.

“We are disappointed not to have Nordine competing in the Grand Prix,” said Robbie Timmers, GLORY Head of Talent & Sports. “However, part of being on the GLORY roster is compliance with our health and safety regulations to ensure a fair environment for all athletes and their opponents. On this occasion, Nordine was unable to make it through our health and safety procedures that are required in advance of the Grand Prix. We respect Nordine’s skills in the martial arts and no doubt we will soon see him back in the GLORY ring.”

GLORY will announce which heavyweight from the division will be selected as a wildcard to replace him in the coming days.

Taking place at the GelreDome in Arnhem, the Netherlands, the GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix will feature eight of the best heavyweight kickboxers on the planet competing in a tournament where they must win three bouts in one night to claim the prize of $500,000.

Confirmed participants include Rico Verhoeven (61-10, 20 KO), Levi Rigters (15-1, 7 KO), Tariq Osaro (25-3-1, 13 KO), Sofian Laïdouni (35-2-1, 17 KO), Uku Jürjendal (20-8, 16 KO), Bahram Rajabzadeh (65-1, 58 KO), and Nabil Khachab (25-18, 13 KO).

That´s a bit of a vague statement. @BoxerMaurits do you know more? Looks like he is bootcamping with the other SB gym boys and he looks ready and sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back