PBP GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix: Sat. March 9 at 12pm ET/9am PT/18:00 CET, PBP Thread

Who wins the GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
1709481497658.jpeg

GLORY 8-man Heavyweight Grand Prix

The historic GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix takes place on March 9 at the GelreDome football stadium in Arnhem, the Netherlands. The event reintroduces an important pillar in the sport of Kickboxing – the 8-man, one-night tournament.

Winning three fights in one night, against the best in the world, is one of the hardest feats in all of combat sports.
The ultimate winner of the tournament will not only take home the grand prize of $500,000, but also a trophy enriched with the personal rings of the seven fighters they have defeated.

How the tournament-draw worked:
The four lower seeded fighters selected which quarter-final they wanted to compete in while the four top seeded fighters then selected which fighter to face in the opening round. As a result, the 'King of Kickboxing' Rico Verhoeven (61-10, 20 KO) opted to fight France’s Sofian Laïdouni (35-2-1, 17 KO) in the fourth quarter-final of the night.

Former interim-heavyweight champion Tariq ‘Cookie’ Osaro (25-3-1, 13 KO) will meet ‘The Golden Wolf’ Bahram Rajabzadeh (65-1, 58 KO) in a guaranteed wild & explosive affair. Romanian veteran Benjamin Adegbuyi (35-7, 20 KO) will take on the young Moroccan Nabil Khachab (26-4-1, 4 KO), and rising Dutch star Levi Rigters (15-1, 7 KO) collides with Estonian power puncher Uku Jürjendal (20-8, 16 KO) in the opening fight of the tournament.

Cihad Kepenek (21-6, 15 KO) will rematch Michał Bławdziewicz (11-6-1, 5 KO) in the reserve bout. The winner of which could potentially enter the Grand Prix, should there be a dropout or injury on the night.

March 9 will also feature two GLORY title fights as Donegi Abena (27-9, 7 KO) and Tarik Khbabez (49-10-1, 28 KO) meet to decide who is the undisputed king of the GLORY light-heavyweight division, and lightweight champion Tyjani Beztati (25-4, 9 KO) puts his title on the line against number one ranked German Enriko Kehl (52-15-2, 30 KO).

1709481884994.jpeg

The GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix takes place Saturday March 9, live from the GelreDome football stadium in Armhem, the Netherlands.
The prelims will be available to watch on GLORY's YouTube channel aswell as GLORY's FAST channels at 12pm ET / 9am PT / 18:00 CET.
The GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix streams live at 12:30pm ET / 9:30am PT / 18:30 CET and will be available to watch around the world via various global broadcast partners.

Full Fightcard:

How to Watch:

The prelims will stream live on GLORY's YouTube channel aswell as GLORY's FAST channels at 12pm ET / 9am PT / 18:00 CET.

The GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix streams live at 12:30pm ET / 9:30am PT / 18:30 CET.
Fans can find their local GLORY broadcast partner(s) below:

- USA: Bally Live app / Watch Stadium (FREE)
- Canada: Watch Stadium / Bally Live app (FREE)
- Netherlands: Videoland
- Brazil: Combate
- France / Belgium: DAZN
- Japan: U-NEXT
- Poland: Viaplay
- Baltics: GO3
- Romania: PRO TV
- Balkans: TV Arena Sport
- Bulgaria: BTV
- Greece: Fight Network
- Cambodia: HMHDTV / Facebook.com
- Parts of Africa: StarTimes / New World TV
- Rest of the World: Triller TV / FITE (PPV on sale for $14,99)

Betting Odds:

US
1709776499388.jpeg

EU
1709776536016.jpeg

Last edited:
Hoping for anyone not Rico tbh it will be getting stale, I doubt Rico will take another fight soon after this and that means the division is on hold again.

Hoping for anyone not Rico tbh it will be getting stale, I doubt Rico will take another fight soon after this and that means the division is on hold again.
I’m not exactly sure about when (after this Grand Prix), but Rico Verhoeven definitely plans on fighting for at least the next 3 years!
He signed a new contract with GLORY last December, which also allows him to compete in “Crossover-Superfights” with MMA and Boxing stars:

Reactions: H2F
I'm hyped. I skipped Glory 90 and decided to use my pocket money for this PPV.

Only sad thing is in my country Triller is the service that hosts it, so they get my money :(

What a weekend of fights; Francis Ngannou Vs. Anthony Joshua in boxing, Glory Heavyweight tournament, UFC 299 which looks like their most stacked card of this year. Bring on the weekend!

What a weekend of fights; Francis Ngannou Vs. Anthony Joshua in boxing, Glory Heavyweight tournament, UFC 299 which looks like their most stacked card of this year. Bring on the weekend!
This week is insane for us fightfans man.
Also Cédric Doumbé vs Baki headlining PFL Paris this Thursday … a massive fight in France!
They sold out the Accor Arena in 20 minutes. According to our French Sherbro’s this fight might be the biggest ever over there. Apparently there’s even much more hype for this fight alone than for both UFC Paris cards (and those events were a major success):

I’m not exactly sure about when (after this Grand Prix), but Rico Verhoeven definitely plans on fighting for at least the next 3 years!
He signed a new contract with GLORY last December, which also allows him to compete in “Crossover-Superfights” with MMA and Boxing stars:
Just based on his activity if he fights less than 4 times during the next 3 years I wouldnt be suprised tbh

This week is insane for us fightfans man.
Also Cédric Doumbé vs Baki headlining PFL Paris this Thursday … a massive fight in France!
They sold out the Accor Arena in 20 minutes. According to our French Sherbro’s this fight might be the biggest ever over there. Apparently there’s even much more hype for this fight alone than for both UFC Paris cards (and those events were a major success):

I forgot it was this week. Yeah that fight has been all over social media, TV, youtube videos, podcasts etc in France. Even non combat sport fans know about it.

I'm so excited for the tournament! I know not everybody is happy with all the names that are in there, but IMO there's so much potential and talent. Uku has proven to be competitive against some heavy hitters. Bahram is an absolute beast and scared of nobody, Cookie has made some huge progress over the last year, Laïdouni is very technical and unorthodox, Khachab is a high pressure fighter.... I think we will see some great fights! I think Uku, Bahram, Benjamin and Rico will win the first round and Bahram and Rico will be in the final.

Reactions: H2F
Inside GLORY Grand Prix fight week Episodes:

(I’ll update this post when new episodes come out)

Last edited:
Interesting to see all these international collaborations…

GLORY Light-heavyweight champion Donegi Abena has been putting in work with Big John Fury (Tyson Fury’s father):

Former GLORY Interim Heavyweight champion Tariq ‘Cookie’ Osaro has been sparring with former UFC Interim Heavyweight champion Ciryl Gane:

And GLORY Heavyweight champion Rico Verhoeven has been training with UFC Interim Heavyweight champion Tom Aspinall (and multiple-time Strongman champion Eddie Hall):

I forgot it was this week. Yeah that fight has been all over social media, TV, youtube videos, podcasts etc in France. Even non combat sport fans know about it.
Yeah man.
Doumbé also attracts a young audience (who might not be into combat sports at all) due to his YT-channel, etc.
My little brother was in Finland for studies last year, and some French guys who also studied there normally didn’t watch any fighting stuff, but they were fucking hyped for Doumbé’s PFL-debut, lol (which was fucking awesome with that 9 seconds knockout-win):

Thursday he’s fighting an undefeated animal in Baki though, who possesses a great grappling threat and is an amazing Judoka competitor.
Will be very interesting to see how that clash of styles plays out!

Back