PBP GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix: Sat. March 9 at 12pm ET/9am PT/18:00 CET, PBP Thread

Who wins the GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix?

• Total voters
Sorry guys, I couldn't watch the fight live, was a date night with the wife.

Just finished watching the stream by watching the replay from Triller( a much better improvement from the Glory video player app!) .

Here are my thoughts:

Rico walked through the tournament as expected. Even If he was in the 'harder side' of the tournament I'd reckon he'd still walk through it.

I LOVE Plazibat as commentary. He brought good knowledge and jokes. I love his passion for the sport( compared to Todd...) . I want him and Smokin Joe from now on. Glory please please PLEASE release Todd Grisham as he's a crap commentator( he said during the event that there's no 8 count in Kickboxing... fool) .

Levi Ritgers stock truly went up in this tournament. He performed really well. He deserves a full fight with Rico, I think Rico would like that too.

Rico's fight against Khachab was interesting, Rico fought smart with the clinch but Khachab was holding at the end that prevented Rico from releasing. A fair point deduction for me. Ben Saddik is a thug and should have no business being in Glory anymore. End of the day it's a RESPECT sport.

Khacbab despite being the youngest fighter in the tournament, he showed promise. My fear is that I hope he doesn't associate himself too much with JBS too much. If Said is a good coach he should cut him from the gym.

I was hoping Kehl to pull it off, but Beztati was dominant and shown a lot of improvements. I'm starting to respect him as a legit champ a now as he's not that young inexperienced fighter that fought killers like Marat and Sittichai anymore.

Abena and Khababez fight was a letdown, especially for a title fight. Very sloppy, both the fight and reffing. They should even brought in that Japanese ref Onari or the English dude Paul Nichols to ref. Heck even that tall ponytail guy (Edward Strikert?) who got rocked by Plazibat he was good.

I enjoyed the event, the tournament especially exciting and Rico proved he was GAME, irrespective of people thinking he's playing it safe.

Big shout out to @BoxerMaurits you're a legend!

I've caught up reading the live posts. Have a good afternoon everyone you've been amazing.

P.s sorry for the long ass post!

I see the behaviour of the marroccans hasn't changed.

It's a cultural thing and how we recognise them. If they're well behaved something's not right. And now Glory are talking about organising a full event in Morocco, if that event runs smoothly from start to finish without some real controversy, crowd fights or fighters and coaches misbehaving I'll be shocked.

It's a cultural thing and how we recognise them. If they're well behaved something's not right. And now Glory are talking about organising a full event in Morocco, if that event runs smoothly from start to finish without some real controversy, crowd fights or fighters and coaches misbehaving I'll be shocked.
That's why what JBS did is so stupid. Glory is really trying to make that push into Morocco and he's a great vehicle for them to do that with now that Badr is washed and can't win a fight. All he's doing is hurting his own people.

That's why what JBS did is so stupid. Glory is really trying to make that push into Morocco and he's a great vehicle for them to do that with now that Badr is washed and can't win a fight. All he's doing is hurting his own people.

His own people love the drama though. They're probably cheering that kick he did. I don't think that's gonna stop Glory doing an event there. Bad press is still press right?

His own people love the drama though. They're probably cheering that kick he did. I don't think that's gonna stop Glory doing an event there. Bad press is still press right?
I don't love making judgements on entire groups of people, but uhhhhh, yeah some things are cultural.

Fuck it, I say double down on it. Bring in some Polish hooligans while they're at it.

JBS vs Arkadiusz Wrzosek in Morocco. Let's make it happen Glory.

Said El Badaoui on what happened in the ring after Rico vs Nabil:

@BoxerMaurits i only watched the fights themselves and skipped all the pre and post-fight stuff, so can you explain how Latescu is fighting for the LHW belt in June, with Khbabez fighting on the same card, but they're not fighting each other... Did i miss something?

@BoxerMaurits i only watched the fights themselves and skipped all the pre and post-fight stuff, so can you explain how Latescu is fighting for the LHW belt in June, with Khbabez fighting on the same card, but they're not fighting each other... Did i miss something?
I'd guess that both were put on the card with Khbabez being on there whether he won or lost the title. I wonder if they will be matched up with each other now that the title changed hands.

Latescu could KO Khbabez and Abena in 1 night!

No bias here of course

I'd guess that both were put on the card with Khbabez being on there whether he won or lost the title. I wonder if they will be matched up with each other now that the title changed hands.
Where did you see they’re fighting in June?

I came across these Twitter-posts by @Broadcast :

The only place I’ve seen/heard something about it, so I reached out to him to verify

Where did you see they’re fighting in June?

I came across these Twitter-posts by @Broadcast :

The only place I’ve seen/heard something about it, so I reached out to him to verify

Someone updated the Wiki page (presumably using this info). It's usually fairly reliable (at least on this subject), so maybe the editor jumped the gun on the rumors.

Someone updated the Wiki page (presumably using this info). It's usually fairly reliable (at least on this subject), so maybe the editor jumped the gun on the rumors.
I see @Khonda updated the GLORY wikipedia and added GLORY 92 in Romania indeed, but when you click the link it changes to the previously announced GLORY 92 in Rotterdam.
There’s nothing to be seen on the fighter-Wiki’s though

Back