PBP GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix: Sat. March 9 at 12pm ET/9am PT/18:00 CET, PBP Thread

Who wins the GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix?

• Total voters
When Rico talks about 'going back to the drawingboard' he just sounds like Overeem.
This is what Overeem actually means when he says that though.

maxresdefault.jpg

500 000 dollars for winning a 3 fight tournament. Meanwhile Ngannou made 20 million for getting KO'd in 2 rounds. Feels bad...
Kickboxing never took of like MMA. Real K1 died. No Dana White emerged.

Boxing is an ancient sport

Not enoilugh fans to pay more

500k today is garbage pay for 3 fights in a row.
If I remember correctly the old K1 HWGP's back in the day already had 400k check for the winner and that was like 15+ years ago.

If I remember correctly the old K1 HWGP's back in the day already had 400k check for the winner and that was like 15+ years ago.
Its this plus the money he makes for 1 fight from his contract. Dobt know what that is for Rico but wont be shocked if it was something like the price money.

At first the runner up wouldnt get anything extra just the first fight payday. I think i heard they changed that. Otherwise it was a hard day of work for Levi

He's not beating any high level fighters yet gets heralded as some GOAT when he's just an average guy by the real K1 old school standards
Shut up you old fool he kicked the shit out of badr bari and jamal big ben saddik he’s the GOAT

And he demolished prime aerts

While I agree that the Rico flame is dumb and unnecessary, Rico did not beat a prime Aerts as Aerts was 30 years old when Rico was still learning to spell and his multiplication tables at the age of 10 lol. He was fighting professionally when Rico was 5, mate.
No need to defend one legend by blemishing another larger one :cool:
Rico is the best of his generation, just like boxing, the KB HW division has gotten a bit weaker over time, but that isn't saying much considering how gigastacked HW kickboxing was for almost 20 years.

where are we at in terms of GP fights? semis coming up?

Shut up you old fool he kicked the shit out of badr bari and jamal big ben saddik he’s the GOAT

I was going to really go in on this post until I realized you were trolling.

K1 lost tons of money and stopped paying their fighters tho <45>

500k is the prize for winning the tournament.
Besides that the fighters also got paid to show up and fight.

The golden era is clearly over. What this is now is just a ghost of a sport

Back