News GLORY Heavyweight Grand Prix is set for March 9 in Arnhem, the Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the problem exactly? Still suspended from the test, or is it his involvement with encrochat

His suspension is over so it must be the encrochat stuff
Nah, it’s because JBS didn’t meet GLORY’s requirements to participate in the Grand Prix (I agree he should’ve been in nevertheless though):

My team from MainEventNL reached out to GLORY to address Jamal Ben Saddik’s absence from the Heavyweight Grand Prix.
Here’s what they told us (go to our Instagram and click the translate button for translation):

I read quite some rumours about Plazibat not being fully recovered yet. @BoxerMaurits, do you know if this is confirmed? If that would be the case, Who should replace him in your opinion?

I read quite some rumours about Plazibat not being fully recovered yet. @BoxerMaurits, do you know if this is confirmed? If that would be the case, Who should replace him in your opinion?

Yeah I saw the video, he said he can´t make it. It´s on a Croatian podcast.
Jup, Plazi is officially out of the GP:

Hopefully JBS steps in, looks like he want to:

Jup, Plazi is officially out of the GP:

Hopefully JBS steps in, looks like he want to:

I think from a commercial point of view, it would be great to get Jamal in.
However, his last fight has been a while ago since he was in the ring and there was a good reason for that...
I think they will go for Jamal as well, but plan B could be to get Mahieddine into the tournament for KO of the year and do a rematch between Adegbuyi and Jamal.
Probably will not happen since this would upset quite some people:p

Breaking!

Nordine Mahieddine replaces Antonio Plazibat in the Heavyweight Grand Prix. Benjamin Adegbuyi will now take on Cihad Kepenek in the reserve fight.
Jamal Ben Saddik will return at a later time down the year:

Rajabzadeh - Seed 7 - Picks 2nd fight
Nabil - Seed 8 - Picks 3rd fight
Sofian - Seed 5 - Picks 4th fight
Uku - Seed 6 - Given 1st fight due to being last name drawn

Rico chooses to fight Sofian
Levi chooses to fight Uku
Cookie chooses Rajabzadeh
Nordine has to fight Nabil

• Levi vs Uku - Match 1
  • Cookie vs Rajabzadeh - Match 2
  • Nordine vs Nabil - Match 3
  • Rico vs Sofian - Match 4

Now im 100% sure rico will win. Left side of the tournement will be fun. Right side should be a walk over for Rico

War Rajabzadeh!! I really hope he wins this tournament

Tournament looks boring and bland, hoping Rajab spices it up and at least gives us a KO or two.

This tournament is missing big names. What's the cash prize for the winner?

This Draw favors Rico very heavily, not only does he avoid the big power punchers in his side of the bracket the other side will probably have some wars or at least fight that will have the fighters carry over damage in the next round.

Bit dissapointing but oh well.

This Draw favors Rico very heavily, not only does he avoid the big power punchers in his side of the bracket the other side will probably have some wars or at least fight that will have the fighters carry over damage in the next round.

Bit dissapointing but oh well.
Sure maybe there's a couple bigger punchers on the other side of the bracker, but Rico would demolish them too, really doesn't make much of a difference as far as I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back