Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Misogyny, Entitlement, and Nerds

Actually, being persistent can pay off sometimes.

Exactly, sometimes people don't know anything about each other at first, but do it by having a few conversations and learning, not creepy love letters or texting her your dick. What really messes people if is getting attached before there is any human correspondence. This next generation is going to go through some hard times romantically, social media fucked everything up.

Well, the whole mass-murder thing is a strong indication that this kid was, in technical terms, a fucking psycho. :rolleyes:

If sexual frustration was enough of a reason for guys to go Full Norwegian, every high school in America would look like the Omaha Beach scene from Saving Private Ryan. You don't go on a killing spree because you're not getting any. You rub one out, cry yourself to sleep and get on with your life. Trust me, I was that soldier.:redface:
I should've phrased it better. I meant what do you think was the source of his mental illness? I see a lot of people just saying "well, he was just mentally ill" as if that is insightful. Yeah clearly he was but it still tells us little. More important uestions are what mental illness did he have and how did he get it?
It seems to me that given what we all know about him, it would have been just about impossible for him to aim low enough to find a suitable match. It's very possible that any women he was meeting were picking up a really bad vibe from him that offset any other attractive features he had, and they would have been right to do so. Also, the amount of women that are going to find someone attractive just for having money (as opposed to the accomplishments and culture that money sometimes represents) is, IMO, a lot lower than you guys think.
Possible but I think there's always women desperate enough especially if you have money and a nice car. He was probably mingling with people who had as much as wealth as he did so he didn't stand out. Like I said in another thread, he should've just tried to pick up girls at some local community college or something. Then again, he was crazy so that can't help much.
He lived in an entirely made up alternate reality fathomed in his mind. He then performed psychotic, sociopathic actions.

Just my 0.02.
But why? People don't just become mentally ill at random. Why did he have to live in this fantasy? A happy and well adjusted person does not do this.

It seems to me that given what we all know about him, it would have been just about impossible for him to aim low enough to find a suitable match. It's very possible that any women he was meeting were picking up a really bad vibe from him that offset any other attractive features he had, and they would have been right to do so. Also, the amount of women that are going to find someone attractive just for having money (as opposed to the accomplishments and culture that money sometimes represents) is, IMO, a lot lower than you guys think.

Why is analyzing known, relevant facts a bad thing here? He was in some kind of weird online culture where a lot of people echoed his extreme frustration/hatred (though, yeah, the other ones weren't crazy enough to actually carry out their fantasies).

I think your first point is on the money. There are just some people that give off a creep vibe and no matter their financial or social status people are going to avoid them like the plague. Collectively, women obviously thought there was something wrong with the guy and stayed away from him.

Admittedly, I was a quite harsh with my words regarding an analysis of the situation. There is nothing wrong with attempting to understand what went wrong. I'd like know exactly what was going on in this kids mind.

As I have already said, there was something wrong with this kid. There are countless self-entitled, arrogant, horny spoiled brats who don't kill people when things don't go their way. There is just some kind of unnameable force that drives certain individuals to lash out in vile ways.

I should've phrased it better. I meant what do you think was the source of his mental illness? I see a lot of people just saying "well, he was just mentally ill" as if that is insightful. Yeah clearly he was but it still tells us little. More important uestions are what mental illness did he have and how did he get it?

Possible but I think there's always women desperate enough especially if you have money and a nice car. He was probably mingling with people who had as much as wealth as he did so he didn't stand out. Like I said in another thread, he should've just tried to pick up girls at some local community college or something. Then again, he was crazy so that can't help much.

But why? People don't just become mentally ill at random. Why did he have to live in this fantasy? A happy and well adjusted person does not do this.

Well, you're the psych major, why don't you tell us??

Agreed. He was "competing" against guys who were just as wealthy if not more so than him, physically better looking and, as Jack pointed out, didn't give off vibes that creeped out any woman he approached.

I'm obviously not a Doctor, but it's my understanding that some people are just born with a head full of bad wiring. People like this kid are a walking time bomb, and sooner or later they're going to give themselves an excuse to do something terrible.

I think Asperger syndrome was thrown around.

Well, you're the psych major, why don't you tell us??
Haha, its hard to say and I'm probably as qualified as most of you to answer those questions but I just think its better to ask to question than to leave it at "he was mentally ill". When a person dies of an illness at 45 we don't typically say "well, its to be expected since he was physically ill" so I think its important we at least try to understand the complexities of mental health.
Agreed. He was "competing" against guys who were just as wealthy if not more so than him, physically better looking and, as Jack pointed out, didn't give off vibes that creeped out any woman he approached.
The guy definitely had high standards too. He talks a bit about wanting a blonde gf so I'm think he imagined himself with some blonde bombshell and got a little ticked off when things didn't work out that way.

Too bad he never watched Tremors. Not every lady has to have long blonde hair, big green eyes, world class breasts, ass that will never quit, and legs that go all the way.
I'm obviously not a Doctor, but it's my understanding that some people are just born with a head full of bad wiring. People like this kid are a walking time bomb, and sooner or later they're going to give themselves an excuse to do something terrible.
I don't think its that simple. Some people are born with a genetic predisposition to certain disorders but typically something needs to trigger it. Schizophrenia for instance is something that is inherited and can be triggered by stress and possibly certain narcotics.
I think Asperger syndrome was thrown around.
Eh, I doubt it. One symptom of Aspergers and autism in general is the inability to perceive the judgement of others. Its why they act and say weird shit, they just not as able to comprehend the fact that other people judge them so they don't let it bother them.

Aspergers is just the first thing people think about when discussing weirdos like him but if I had to bet I would say he didn't have it and if he did I doubt it was the reason he killed 6 people.

From what I've read and seen of his pathetic rants, I would guess he suffered from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He keeps using words like, "magnificent" to describe himself. He obviously views himself as some kind of Ubermensch and is enraged that women don't recognize his greatness.

He comes across as incredibly entitled, as though he expects beautiful women to throw themselves at him.

Actually, being persistent can pay off sometimes.

My friends nicknamed me "fungus" because I slowly grow on women. I loved telling them stories of "out of nowhere" hookups with hot chicks we always hit on/ wanted to bang.

His fundamental problem is that he sees skillfully approaching women as manipulative, pushy and even assaulting.

Strangely, this kind of thinking seems in line with many in the neo-feminist movement.

So the author of the article is saying that shows like the big bang theory are not realistic and that nerds can't just get 10s in bed by simply being persistent?

mind-blown-2.gif

Nerds are an inherently gullible bunch, and also highly ego-centric. That premise of nerds wearing down pretty girls + their inflated egos leads to rapey/stalky behavior based on a sub-culture filled with ideas of entitlement.

From what I've read and seen of his pathetic rants, I would guess he suffered from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He keeps using words like, "magnificent" to describe himself. He obviously views himself as some kind of Ubermensch and is enraged that women don't recognize his greatness.

He comes across as incredibly entitled, as though he expects beautiful women to throw themselves at him.

Yeah, it's funny how these losers cry online about how attractive women don't appreciate their subtle, undemonstrated value and prefer guys whose assets are more readily apparent. None of them seems to appreciate the irony.

Money and being rich will get you the hottest women on earth, regardless what you look like.

This is a fact. There is an epidemic of gold digging whores in the world and if you could part with some dollars youll never walk around without a 10 on your arm.

This should be taught to boys in 2nd grade.

They could just play this video for boys every year on the first day from grade 1-8 to remind them.

We're really not in the position to be able to make such a diagnosis but it certainly seems that way.
[YT]rY2Z0qhhgk4[/YT]
Strangely, this kind of thinking seems in line with many in the neo-feminist movement.
Which is why most women aren't neo-feminists.
For now!

Yeah, it's funny how these losers cry online about how attractive women don't appreciate their subtle, undemonstrated value and prefer guys whose assets are more readily apparent. None of them seems to appreciate the irony.

You mean this guy?

110191257d9fef090f85c2ce0bbcd82335dd35cf8c895289.jpg

^^ that's totally it. They should be pissed at their parents for their genes, not at others who think exactly like themselves.

As for TV etc, it's entertainment first and foremost. And people, especially men, would rather tune in to look at at pretty girls so that's a much more likely and interesting plotline than unattractive-nerd-scores-equally-unattractive-girlfriend-that-wasnt-a-challenge-anyway.

Back