Your favourite dog breeds?

Also an Irish Wolfhound. I would love to own an Irish Wolfhound (would need more space), but they, like French Mastiffs, live very short lives. Would be heart wrenching.

Dog-Irish_Wolfhound-A_great,_big_Irish_Wolfhound_with_a_wonderful,_white,_wiry_coat.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

I like mixed breed dogs, I have a bulldog mix boxer. I also like doberman, shih tzu, and American bully

Bedlington terriers and soft wheaten terriers. We're getting a dog towards the end of the summer and a leaning toward a Bedlington, it surprises me that they're not more popular as they tick a lot of boxes as pets. Good size for home or apartment, non shedding, hardy, friendly and loyal, intelligent and good with kids.

Aussie Cattle Dog
597302-australian-cattle-dog-blue-heeler.jpg

Shiba Inu (they even look Asian ...)
Shiba-Inu-.jpg

also
Huskies
Akita
German Shepherd
Retrievers/Labrador
Jack Russell Terrier
Border Collie

Rottweilers look great, but i'm always suspicious of them and i think they can sense it.

th

Beagle easily, train them hard when they are young then no lease will be required and they will never stray from their master.

Only issue is they tend to whine and cry when left alone

English mastiffs are the best breed. Loyal, imposing, great around kids, calm but will stand between its owner and a t-Rex if it has to.

The ones that don't shit and piss all over the house or yard, or don't chew up my stuff, or don't smell, or don't bark loudly, or don't get hair all over, or don't demand attention constantly. Guess I'll get a robot dog.

I've got a bernese poodle mix because my wife is allergic. Pretty good mix. Smart, has a good amount of energy, but will relax too.

I've got a bernese poodle mix because my wife is allergic. Pretty good mix. Smart, has a good amount of energy, but will relax too.
good to see a post of yours, old school. Those berndoodles are cute af.

Bedlington terriers and soft wheaten terriers. We're getting a dog towards the end of the summer and a leaning toward a Bedlington, it surprises me that they're not more popular as they tick a lot of boxes as pets. Good size for home or apartment, non shedding, hardy, friendly and loyal, intelligent and good with kids.

Not easy to get hold of and expensive too id imagine. Would love one myself.

Two chows and an Akita at the farm and a jack Russell and jack Russell Chihuahua mix at the house.

Growing up my family had mastiffs and St Bernards, so my first dog was a rough coated St Bernard, she's the only St Bernard I've ever known with strong guarding tendencies, but was so loving with family and any kids, she'd walk for hours on end if you let her but never broke into a trot.
Took no quarter with yappy dogs coming at her and would either swipe them off their feet or go for a pride headstomp.

Lost her to cancer at 5 years old Christmas 2017, and got a Rhodesian Ridgeback pup last year.

He's an absolute dude and suits my lifestyle much better. He comes to work with me, runs alongside me on my mountain bike or when I'm trail running.
Short hair and you hardly notice the fur he sheds around the house.
He hasn't got a bite in him but he's a good visual deterrent and is a pretty astute watchdog.

If I ever get another dog it will most likely be a Brittany. They are very sweet and trainable.

Brittany-Spaniel.jpg

My dog is 50% Boston Terrier, 25% Parson Russell Terrier, and 25% Japanese Chin. Crazy mix, came from a shelter in Pennsylvania. He's smart as hell and super athletic. He has a Boston mask but a longer snout, long legs, and a build kind of like a muscular whippet. Even at 20 pounds, he actually outruns Aussie Cattle Dogs and Aussie Shepherds at the park. Plus he catches frisbees, and he's easily trainable. I think the breeds must have mixed just right for him to have all the best characteristics. So he's my favorite.

I also like Aussie cattle dogs, Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, and Patterdale Terriers. But I think I tend to prefer mixed breed dogs.

I've had 3 Great Danes over the years, beautiful dogs. If you have one you quickly get sick of answering the same old questions that most people ask. How much does it weigh? That must cost you a fortune in food, how much does it cost you to feed her? That type of thing.

Wouldn't mind a Newfoundland, or a Standard Poodle that is left to grow it's hair and look shaggy.
Also if i were getting any more dogs i'd look at getting one from a Greyhound Rescue. They are great dogs, real couch potatoes and have extremely soft hair.

Back