Your favourite dog breeds?

Forget the dog , where can I get me his companion ? Pretty girl....

Love how the Akita kind of has a heart shape on his chest..

My friend had a female Akita and she had puppies. I'd go visit him just to roll around with the pups.

fc69e8cedd5bcc12b7ba99380b364298.jpg

I had a Bernese

Bernese-Mountain-Dog850.jpg

He was a great dog. I actually made him sneer in disgust at one of my farts once. This is a dog who'd regularly faceplant in cowshit. The sad thing is he still had standards and in all the years I had him he never kissed me once. Not good for the self-esteem

My friend had a female Akita and she had puppies. I'd go visit him just to roll around with the pups.

fc69e8cedd5bcc12b7ba99380b364298.jpg

I'm sure you can claim that's socialization for them....

I used to do the same .about 35 years ago with neighbours GSDs. Funny, even now when I smell a puppy I get almost transported back there.

Husky dad, here.

They're awesome once they get out of the "chew up all your shit" phase.

And they shed like crazy.

Still, they're super loveable dogs.

The trade-off is worth it, IMO

I’ve got a pair of terriers, they’re pretty wild and don’t have an off switch. I wish they’d just sit back and chill like an old blood hound once in a while.

I'm sure you can claim that's socialization for them....

I used to do the same .about 35 years ago with neighbours GSDs. Funny, even now when I smell a puppy I get almost transported back there.

The puppies mother would jump on me when I was on the couch making me her bitch. She would lick my face nonstop and then fall asleep on me.

greyhound-adoption.jpg

the best breed for an apartment dweller with a full time job IMO.

Benefits:
  • Quiet.
  • Sleeps 20 hours a day. Will basically zone out in a coma while you're at work.
  • Affectionate and eager to play. Extremely gentle with people.
  • Clean and tidy.
Downsides:
  • Very sensitive to cold.
  • High prey drive towards small animals.

Staffordshire bull terrier Ideally red!
d2ddea18f00665ce8623e36bd4e3c7c51.jpg

I have a Leonberger. She is my big girl. She protects my house and gives me piece of mind, but is a mush with the family. I would get this breed again, or a Bernese.

I also have a rescue. They call these dogs from the islands Podcakes. They are all beige about 60lbs. Looks kinda like a dingo. She is a sweet heart.

As much as i like big dogs, like german sheperds huskies, etc. I see how much they shed when we visit my sister in law and her fiancee. I wouldn't wanna deal with the fur clean up, and getting it off my clothes

I love the dogs, they're awesome and they get along great with our own dogs. But the hair every where is too much.

I like dogs that don't shed much if at all. Like these

Goldendoodle
Goldendoodle.jpg

lagotto romagnolo
07296fc9d7c07cbcc616c1e6dc1857b2.jpg

giaint schnauzer
Giant-Schnauzer-breed-minepuppy.jpg

I like the Collie

hqdefault.jpg

..but like u said, the hair is just too damn much. Used to have a Sheltie, and even that was a lot. Leaning towards the Goldendoodle for my next one. Really love the King Charles Spaniel too though.

500000278_medium.jpg

Cavalier-King-Charles-Spaniel-breed-dog-minepuppy.jpg

fuckin adorable

Rotties then pressas. No other dog will do...

I really like mastiffs, especially cane corsos. They're calm, confident, simple. None of that neurotic yip yap bullshit.
why-canecorso-italian-mastiff-1.jpeg

I had a Border Collie growing up, and now have my Shiba Inu puppy. Stock photo but he's a deadringer of this dog.
images

I used to show Akitas. Loved them. I also love GSDs. But these guys are truly special.

Labrador-Retriever_4.jpg

The ones that can barely breathe due to centuries of artificial selection

Giant schnauzers

images

Standard schnauzer (which I own - this is elvis)

1559880_10151888034895913_1184969757_n.jpg

and a mini schnauzer

275px-Miniature_Schnauzer_02.jpg

they would all hang out and be cool and have fun and id walk them in line from right to left from largest to smollest.

c3a1beed68c6951c29d2729d5770132c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back