Would GSP have fought Whittaker if he never got colitis?

Hello no. GSP saw a very beatable champ in Bisping and gave it a shot. I don't buy collitis; I think he took the easy road and vacated rather than try to defend. I don't fault him for doing it either.

It’s a counter balance to the inflated heroism of becoming a MW champion. The implication that GSP was the best MW in the world because he held the belt for 30 days is false. His excuse to vacate was a secondary to his inability to beat a real MW contender.
Your assertion that he did not Beat a real middleweight contender is obviously false considering he beat the legit champion at that time. It’s no different then a team winning the World Series and you claiming you don’t respect the championship ring because the opponent was shit. Just your opinion. Doesn’t line up with facts.

I think George needed a really good excuse if he won the belt and bailed after promising Dana he wouldn’t. George got himself a damn good excuse and then bailed and now he’s cured.

Anderson is 6 years older than GSP

And hes one weight class higher than GSP.

Hes also only 4 years older than Bisping what a big deal.

And BTW Hendo is 7 years older and 2 weight classes smaller than Fedor. How do you like this one?

You never provided a source for your statement.

You provided a tweet that said something clearly different from your original statement, which I called you out on.

Watch the Joe Rogan with John Danaher he said they started negos with UFC for the MW title shot when Rockhold was the champ.

Dan Henderson and Bisping were likely the only two fights he would have had at MW.

No idea... but irrelevant...

The fact is that he did get colitis and he didn't fight Whitaker.

I am not sure that it matters though, GSP did not look like the same fighter against Bisping. Some of it was the added weight, some must be attributed colitis, some to inactivity, but mostly, I think he did what every fighter ever had to face, he aged... Not facing Whitaker doesn't change the fact that he beat a very tough Bisping, at 185... for a title or not, it is a damn good win at middleweight for anyone.

He gave you an explanation you are choosing not to accept the explanation. That’s on you. That has nothing to do with him.
No no you misread me.

I don't BELIEVE his explanation.

I've accepted it.

Just because I've accepted something doesn't mean I blindly believe 100% of it.

Yeah. You guys are all convinced he was lying about the colitis anyway. Even though there's zero proof of that.

I do, left hooks all night as Rob jumped into exchanges. Rob had nothing in GSP skill wise.

Source that he had colitis besides GSP and his own camp? Brock had it and we saw pictures and heard non mma affiliated doctors talking about it. Not to mention Brock visibly gets angry when talking about colitis because he feels colitis stole some of his best mma years from him.

GSP? Not a peep. Except he wants to fight Khabib.

Why not unify the MW title instead? DW will sign off on that.
No, Brock had diverticulitis.

No no you misread me.

I don't BELIEVE his explanation.

I've accepted it.

Just because I've accepted something doesn't mean I blindly believe 100% of it.

I believe GSP is too classy a guy to just make up BS like that to avoid a fight.. To Pretend he is sick..

That's a Sonnen type of move..

No, it was a calculated move

He knew it was the perfect opportunity to fight Bisping before Mike would have lost the belt

Back