Would GSP have fought Whittaker if he never got colitis?

Maybe. He definitely only came back because he thought Bisping was beatable, but Whittaker was a former WW and not a huge MW. GSP would have given up an inch in height and had a 3 inch reach advantage so he might have still gone for it if he could strategically see a path to victory.

If it was a guy like Like Rockhold at a bulky 6'3" with 77" reach, or just a nightmare style match up like Romero he would definitely have walked away.
Luke Rockhold was the champ though when GSP entered the test pool so he could come back

How embarrassing that MW Silva couldn't beat a guy who was an "easy once in a lifetime matchup" for WW GSP.

How embarrassing that HW Fedor couldn't beat Bader who was an "easy matchup" for WW Rumble Johnson.

Whittaker is a very hard match up for Gsp.
Bisping too thb.
(Stylewise)
It's a 55/45 Bisping a 65/35 Whittaker a 65/35 Luke and a 70/30 Romero.
@ me if you think I am wrong tho I can explain my picks

Give the guy credit. He came back after 4 years and finished bisping, legendary

You tell me. Where’s the source?

I already caught @Beherit today lacking and lying about having a source
I think i've seen someone post an article on that matter (a month or so ago), but didn't find anything doing a quick google search.

I don’t think he would have. What do you think?

At least not for the kind of money he'd have been realistically offered. Lets face it, for a ridiculous amount (like $100 million) he'd have happily fought Whitaker, or Ngannou for that matter. So would any of us. Hit the ground, let yourself be submitted, walk away a very rich man.

Back