Would GSP have fought Whittaker if he never got colitis?

No.

bisping was an easy once in a liftetime matchup. that's why he took the fight. The guy got gifted a decision over silva. then took a short notice fight and caught an arrogant luke rockhold with a clean shot. GSP saw the opportunity and pounced. I can't think any other recent champs with 7 L's on their record when they got the belt.
Jan is about to win the LHW title with 8 losses

If the dog wouldn't have stopped to shit he'd have caught the rabbit. True story.

Source that he had colitis besides GSP and his own camp? Brock had it and we saw pictures and heard non mma affiliated doctors talking about it. Not to mention Brock visibly gets angry when talking about colitis because he feels colitis stole some of his best mma years from him.

GSP? Not a peep. Except he wants to fight Khabib.

Why not unify the MW title instead? DW will sign off on that.

Even most GSP fan boys probably realize he was never planning to defend.

And can you really blame him?

I don't blame him one bit. It was super smart.

Once you are late in your career ... you need to go for the big reward at the lowest risk fights.

Source that he had colitis besides GSP and his own camp? Brock had it and we saw pictures and heard non mma affiliated doctors talking about it. Not to mention Brock visibly gets angry when talking about colitis because he feels colitis stole some of his best mma years from him.

brock had what I have had, diverticulitis. That is if I remember correctly, and completely different than colitis.

Edit: even as a GSP fanbois I give Brock more respect fighting after diverticulitis than GSP and colitis. Then again I'm baised and knew what brock went through.because diverticulitis even after surgery, sucks, especially so soon after surgery to fight the dude who knees bodies ROIDED the fuck up (uberreem) > GSP fight bisping with colitis.

Rockhold and Romero would have been bad matchups but he’d have beaten cracked Silva using the Sonnen blueprint and he’d beat Whitaker.

Doubt it. But he would have had regrets after watching the Izzy fight, ha

Rockhold and Romero would have been bad matchups but he’d have beaten cracked Silva using the Sonnen blueprint and he’d beat Whitaker.
He would have been scheduled to face Whittaker. It was Whittaker he ducked.

So you want GSP to release his private medical information to the jack ass fans of mixed martial arts? He told you the diagnosis but you require more. Do you want actual samples of his stool ? Interesting request.

Nope, he just wanted to win the MW belt and leave again. He wasn't interested in trying to reign over another division, which he knew would be impossible anyway.

I don’t think he would have. What do you think?
I don’t know about the whole mma community but on Sherdog, myself and many others predicted before the fight was even finalized that GSP would not defend The belt if he beat Bisping.
Facing a murderer’s row, Bisping jumped the line on a short notice fight and GSP skipped them all too.

only surprising thing about that fight was GSP got a finish and didn’t go 25 minutes. Was a fun fight but those 2 were nowhere near the best MW fighters at the time.

Canadian coward

How many MMA fights at the UFC level have you had?

There are a lot of reasons for ducking someone, including fear of losing and fear of losing money. But you have to get into the cage a lot of times, against very tough guys, to get to the point where you're a champ ducking a fight. Cowards never make it that far -- they find it way easier to make comments about other fighters on forums instead of getting into the cage and testing themselves.

I think GSP knew he couldn't beat Whitaker, and so ducked. But if that makes him a coward, then everyone one us who likes MMA but hasn't worked hard enough to get into the UFC is also a coward, and bigger ones than him.

Basically, its always hilarious when some Sherdogger calls an actual fighter a coward.

So you want GSP to release his private medical information to the jack ass fans of mixed martial arts? He told you the diagnosis but you require more. Do you want actual samples of his stool ? Interesting request.
I just want the truth.

He came for the one off fight with Bisping.

"I'm contractually obligated to defend my title" my ass.

Does that sound like a guy who wanted to defend his title?

It’s just telling that after GSP vacated the belt siting colitis, his coach Firas Zahabi was trying to promote a Mayweather or Conor McGregor matchup. Didn’t seem like his circle was too concerned about GSP’s ability to fight.

How many MMA fights at the UFC level have you had?

There are a lot of reasons for ducking someone, including fear of losing and fear of losing money. But you have to get into the cage a lot of times, against very tough guys, to get to the point where you're a champ ducking a fight. Cowards never make it that far -- they find it way easier to make comments about other fighters on forums instead of getting into the cage and testing themselves.

I think GSP knew he couldn't beat Whitaker, and so ducked. But if that makes him a coward, then everyone one us who likes MMA but hasn't worked hard enough to get into the UFC is also a coward, and bigger ones than him.

Basically, its always hilarious when some Sherdogger calls an actual fighter a coward.
With your logic you should never ever be critic about anyone.... Even the dirtiest politician is more corageous than you.. and me.
So yes, I believe he can call GSP a coward even if he is less corageous than GSP.

Back