Would GSP have fought Whittaker if he never got colitis?

Whittaker is a nightmare matchup for any version of GSP. You do the math

Reactions: TR1
How many MMA fights at the UFC level have you had?

There are a lot of reasons for ducking someone, including fear of losing and fear of losing money. But you have to get into the cage a lot of times, against very tough guys, to get to the point where you're a champ ducking a fight. Cowards never make it that far -- they find it way easier to make comments about other fighters on forums instead of getting into the cage and testing themselves.

I think GSP knew he couldn't beat Whitaker, and so ducked. But if that makes him a coward, then everyone one us who likes MMA but hasn't worked hard enough to get into the UFC is also a coward, and bigger ones than him.

Basically, its always hilarious when some Sherdogger calls an actual fighter a coward.
I’m drawn to your wisdom. Sometimes it hurts me but always makes me have some introspection. Well said and much appreciated.

I just want the truth.

He came for the one off fight with Bisping.

"I'm contractually obligated to defend my title" my ass.

Does that sound like a guy who wanted to defend his title?
He gave you an explanation you are choosing not to accept the explanation. That’s on you. That has nothing to do with him.

It’s just telling that after GSP vacated the belt siting colitis, his coach Firas Zahabi was trying to promote a Mayweather or Conor McGregor matchup. Didn’t seem like his circle was too concerned about GSP’s ability to fight.
It’s just another excuse to bash him and his legacy. It’s practically a spotless legacy but people keep digging and digging and digging out of insecurity.

There are a lot of reasons for ducking someone, including fear of losing and fear of losing money. But you have to get into the cage a lot of times, against very tough guys, to get to the point where you're a champ ducking a fight. Cowards never make it that far -- they find it way easier to make comments about other fighters on forums instead of getting into the cage and testing themselves.

I think GSP knew he couldn't beat Whitaker, and so ducked. But if that makes him a coward, then everyone one us who likes MMA but hasn't worked hard enough to get into the UFC is also a coward, and bigger ones than him.

Basically, its always hilarious when some Sherdogger calls an actual fighter a coward.

I’ve had several street fights at Dereck Lewis’s level and have been knocked out in all of them.

gsp is a coward

You never provided a source for your statement.

You provided a tweet that said something clearly different from your original statement, which I called you out on.
well the article says a is coming back, and it was when rockhold was champion, GSP himself said he prepared for more than a year to be a MW, it was at that time when he decided to move to MW.

plus GSP would ve beat rockhold even more easily ...

well the article says a is coming back, and it was when rockhold was champion, GSP himself said he prepared for more than a year to be a MW, it was at that time when he decided to move to MW.

plus GSP would ve beat rockhold even more easily ...
Lol

Source that he had colitis besides GSP and his own camp? Brock had it and we saw pictures and heard non mma affiliated doctors talking about it. Not to mention Brock visibly gets angry when talking about colitis because he feels colitis stole some of his best mma years from him.

GSP? Not a peep. Except he wants to fight Khabib.

Why not unify the MW title instead? DW will sign off on that.
Others have already pointed out that Brock and GSP didn't have the same condition

I think the difference is Brock had a very short career, whereas GSP started in the sport at a much younger age, and GSP does not actually enjoy fighting. He likes training but the actual fighting not so much.
I also think his body did not adjust well to putting on the extra weight for competing at MW (hence the colitis) so he wasn't really interested in multiple fights at that weight.

With your logic you should never ever be critic about anyone.... Even the dirtiest politician is more corageous than you.. and me.
So yes, I believe he can call GSP a coward even if he is less corageous than GSP.

You can call GSP a coward, just like you can call a Nobel Prize winner in physics an idiot because he's not as good a physicist as Einstein was.

Its still a pretty goofy thing to do though.

It’s just another excuse to bash him and his legacy. It’s practically a spotless legacy but people keep digging and digging and digging out of insecurity.
It’s a counter balance to the inflated heroism of becoming a MW champion. The implication that GSP was the best MW in the world because he held the belt for 30 days is false. His excuse to vacate was a secondary to his inability to beat a real MW contender.

I’ve had several street fights at Dereck Lewis’s level and have been knocked out in all of them.

gsp is a coward

Me, none, though like most people I've had my share of fights in my life. But I'm not silly enough to call someone who's done something I haven't done a coward. Tell me, do you call the guy who cames in last in the Olympic 100 meter finals slow? You're certainly allowed to do it, but it sounds silly.

GSP saw weakness in the champ and knew it was best chance to get that belt. Smart move on his part and than vacating was just as smart.

He knew he couldn't hold his own against Whittaker or Romero.

I will.

When are you sending these beans?
They are on their way! They will arrive in the middle of the night delivers by aliens. Just plant them in your USADA free soil with a little bit of Vaseline. Then be sure to vacate the beans twice and duck the contending beans that pose a threat.
Along with the Beans there are 2 free tickets to GSP’s goatland where all the rides are 25 minutes without much action so bring a tablet for your pee wee brained ass.

Fuck no, Whittaker is a terrible match up for him. Whittaker slaughters anyone that likes to grapple.

Me, none, though like most people I've had my share of fights in my life. But I'm not silly enough to call someone who's done something I haven't done a coward. Tell me, do you call the guy who cames in last in the Olympic 100 meter finals slow? You're certainly allowed to do it, but it sounds silly.
I’m delighted you brought up running, because it is what cowards do.

They are on their way! They will arrive in the middle of the night delivers by aliens. Just plant them in your USADA free soil with a little bit of Vaseline. Then be sure to vacate the beans twice and duck the contending beans that pose a threat.
Along with the Beans there are 2 free tickets to GSP’s goatland where all the rides are 25 minutes without much action so bring a tablet for your pee wee brained ass.

2/10.

You actually spent time typing that.

Back