Would GSP have fought Whittaker if he never got colitis?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TheSpider, Sep 15, 2020.

1. glavinator Blue Belt

Do you really think you'll get anything but the typical answers from the fans vs the haters?

I'll play...and I'll say yes. Say what you will about gsp but I don't think he would have signed the contract to defend it if he was pre planning to bail after winning against bisping. I just don't think he's that kind of guy. Would he like to stick it to dana? Sure...but I feel as though he wouldn't intentionally lead everyone else on in the same fashion.

I also think he would have beaten Whitaker if he was healthy. So I guess its still a typical answer from a fan, none the less

2. Chael_Sonnen I predict a 2nd round KO via spinning backfist.

He did look good you nuthugger.

3. AnotherOldGuy Brown Belt

Is that like a fullback in football trying to run around a tackler instead of trying to avoid being tackled? Or a hockey player trying to stick handler around a checker to avoid being body checked? Because trying to avoid being hit so you can score is always cowardice, right?

In fact, even in MMA, slipping or blocking a punch is also cowardice by your definition -- what's the difference between dancing away from damage and slipping or blocking it?

I have to admit though, that this discussion is more interesting than I thought it'd be. Courage and cowardice aren't necessarily straightforward.

4. Franklin U. Gold Belt

Oh please. I have colitis- this is not something an athlete like gsp is to keep him from fighting. This colitis ( bowel infection) thing needs to go. If he had like diverticulitis or something like that - a different planet.
    You and I both know THERE WAS ONLY ONE MIDDLEWEIGHT he was willing to fight and WHY.

Anderson > gsp

TheSpider likes this.
  5. ThunderStruck Geodor GemeSianenPo Yellow Card

Theres 5 or 6 different types of colitis. Do you have to fast 2-3 days a weak to negate the symptoms? That is if you really have colitis :rolleyes:

6. Thepaintbucket Gold Belt

Given his prior interviews leading up to the middle weight title he might've never had the intention of ever defending the belt regardless of whoever was the champion.

I don't get why some fans pretend like he was actually going to defend with such a strong conviction. Cmon now.

7. Kono dio da! Giorno's Father

Nope. Goat welterweight, nothing special at middleweight. Whittaker top five middleweight, lethal but reckless striker, good tdd, excellent get up game, durable, cardio to match gsp, younger faster and probably studied gsp's game coming up, just like any responsible younger fighter. These are only a few of the reasons he wouldn't have fought him.

8. Franklin U. Gold Belt

My white blood cell count is through the roof ....the few times ive been in hospital - they wouldn't let me go because of it( I was there for another reason). My colitis is pretty bad and I just get some minor discomfort s in the gut.......and I'm not Gsp ( I'm as good looking and almost as chiseled but I'm no gsp).
    I called " cough - cough- bullshit- cough" when I first heard and I stand by it now. Ask Dana White about the gsp's " colitis ".

When I reference gsp as " the gsp" .....that's actually a compliment to his army of minions who might catch that.

TheSpider likes this.
  9. GrayArea Brown Belt

That’s not how sources work you little knucklehead.

Someone affiliated with gsp says something to make GSP’s cherry-picking look better in hindsight. Shocking.

where’s the source of gsp being in negotiations to fight rockhold, when rockhold was still champion?

Franklin U. and TheSpider like this.
  10. ThunderStruck Geodor GemeSianenPo Yellow Card

Wheres the source of Silva's bruised rib in his first Sonne fight?

Wheres the source of Hendo's bad back in the Shields fight?

You get my point? Theres somethings in life we cannot know with 100% accuracy because the ones knowing the real answers are affiliated with the subject in question.

All we know is that :

1. GSP entered the testing pool when Rockhold was the champ.
    2. GSP's camp claim they negociated a MW title shot when Rockhold was the champ.

You can chose to believe that the claim is false.

But let me ask you, if GSP entered the testing pool NOT for a MW title shot (Because according to you, he was scared of Rockhold)? Then what was it for? A WW title shot against the guy you claim GSP dodged in Woodley? No matter the answer, you lose the argument.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Molo likes this.
  11. TheSpider Brown Belt

@ThunderStruck will ignore your question and keep repeating the same lie in other threads in order to defend GSP’s cherry picking actions. The GSP nuthugger special

GrayArea likes this.
  12. TheSpider Brown Belt

If we are going by what Dana said, let’s not forget that Dana said that he knew that GSP was going to cherry pick Bisping which is why he made him sign the contract that GSP would fight Whittaker if he won.

Dana also said that GSP ducked Anderson numerous times.

GrayArea likes this.
  13. ThunderStruck Geodor GemeSianenPo Yellow Card

And thats why you need to take everthing Dana says with a grain of salt.

Also, wheres the proof that Dana said that he knew GSP was going to cherry pick Bisping?

14. TheSpider Brown Belt

where’s the source of gsp being in negotiations to fight rockhold, when rockhold was still champion?

15. ThunderStruck Geodor GemeSianenPo Yellow Card

Read 2 posts up i clarified. And i want to answer to it.

And since you are the one so adamant about proofs and hard facts, I also want you to provide the proof of what you claim Dana said.

16. TheSpider Brown Belt

GrayArea likes this.
  17. TheSpider Brown Belt

That’s not how sources work.

Someone affiliated with gsp says something to make GSP’s cherry-picking look better in hindsight. Shocking.

Where’s the source?

GrayArea likes this.
  18. WorldWarIV Orange Belt

The GSP bashing thread of the week, how original. Silva can't be the GOAT and his records are meaningless due to his cheating, get over it. Trying to shit on GSP accomplishments won't make Silva any less of a fraud and cheater.

19. ThunderStruck Geodor GemeSianenPo Yellow Card

That never says he didn't negotiate to fight Rockhold. In fact, it proves he entered the testing pool in order to fight Rockhold to begin with, since Dana clearly said he didn't want any fights at WW.

And funny how Danaher's quote is false to you but Dana's quote is true. It seems like you judge the veracity of a quote based on your agenda :rolleyes:

20. ThunderStruck Geodor GemeSianenPo Yellow Card

Did you read what I said?