Why Superman is the Greatest.

Who is the greatest superhero?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know he's already defeated Superman before, right? He's defeated him quite a few times actually. So you are wrong, my friend.

Batman has a bunch of different ways he can and already has beaten Superman, but Superman can beat Batman in a million different other ways.

Superman has far more different ways to beat Batman, obviously, but Batman has beaten Superman before, more than once. Just had to let you know.
More like they can write Batman beating Superman a million different ways by having Superman act like a moron. Given their power sets their is no practical way Bruce could ever beat him. When the writers aren't trolling with plot induced stupidity they've had Batman admit this a number of times.

Using a Canadian saying for an American superhero? Come on, prod.
Like you have room to talk maple boy.

Just as every Canadian before him, Wolverine had to immigrate to the States to become famous.

Last edited:

I still don't get why he wasn't worthy to lift Thor's hammer in AoU. He was able to budge it...what the fuck did that mean? He was a little worthy?
I think it has more to do with the fact he's just a juiced-up human (not even a superhuman-- just a glorified Batman) and not an alien demigod. That seems to be a prerequisite to ruling Aasgard.

I like my superheros on the unconventional side. My vote goes to Butcher from The Boys.

18lrq6jywj7c1jpg.jpg

Jesus.

Cool origin story, unique powers, very influential.

Batcan can't handle Spidey.

You know he's already defeated Superman before, right? He's defeated him quite a few times actually. So you are wrong, my friend.

Batman has a bunch of different ways he can and already has beaten Superman, but Superman can beat Batman in a million different other ways.

Superman has far more different ways to beat Batman, obviously, but Batman has beaten Superman before, more than once. Just had to let you know.

Ok, name some of those times. Everyone like to say "Hush" but he never really did there. He even admitted Superman was holding back and only really delayed him.

good call on adding the Silver Surfer Dragon. Silver Surfer VS Superman would be a great fight IMO. don't really know how it would play out tbh.

Supes 29-28

Seriously? Over a freaking super hero?

Saying 'Superman is the lamest' was to poke fun at 'Superman is the greatest.' But he clearly is overrated.

My own indifference for Superman is because I don't see anything interesting about him.

I could come up with dozens of reasons why, like his only weakness is a rock, his secret identity is disguised by a pair of glasses, his arch enemy is a normal smart bald guy. But anyone can make these arguments about any superhero.

But I will stand by my critique of his rogues gallery. None, other than Doomsday is threatening. None, people will look at and say 'Damn, Superman is going to get his ass kicked' but Doomsday.

That's why I really want to see 'Death of Superman' on the silver screen, and I really hope that wasn't Doomsday at the end of the BvS trailer, but a smaller weaker version.

Superman VS Doomsday deserves its own entire movie, as a middle portion of the 'Jesus' parrels of Superman's character.

lol bro relax you know you my brotha from another mother mang. I was just trying to be dramatic when I said that .

any way I'm a big batman homer I'm just a bigger superman FAN boy.

that's why I know this movie is going to both thoroughly entertain yet infuriate me. I think it was 209 that said Batman has beaten Superman on several occasions... well yes I am irritatingly aware of this fact. I have more batman comic books than I have hairs left on my head.

the thing is with Batman is that I personally resent the absurdity in some of the ways he is portrayed in trouncing super powered beings with relative ease.

Like when he was trading blows with Darkseid ffs.

too me that's like putting the punisher in some sort of contraption and have him trade blows with the HULK. I mean look at the TYPE of Suit Tony Stark Has to build to barely survive an encounter with the hulk.

yet batman in one of his cybernetic suits trades blows with Darkseid. and I'm sure I'm forgetting other examples of this.

I'll freely admit that I wont be surprised if Batman wins this poll.

but as far as how a fight should play out ....people..... its a human versus an immeasurable strength class, indestructible astronomical IQ super powered being. jus sayin.

Captain America. He's the only true hero in the bunch because he's the only guy who was willing to get mowed down as just another blank face in a U-boat because he believed in fucking freedom and the obligation to be morally responsible to your fellow man, without personal incentive, and sometimes at great cost to yourself and those you love.

Superman's cool, but he can take orders from the Cap along with everyone else as far as I'm concerned.

latest
Are we talking Pride days Captain America? Ever since they started testing rigorously he hasn't been looking so yoked.

Supernan is a dork, I just can't get behind a character that has every single super power imaginable

Batman is lazy fucking writing. A man who is a genius in all things, has mastered all these martial arts, manages to run a Fortune 10 company, never sleeps, fights crime, and is able to somehow to do all this without every getting caught ?

Batman is lazy fucking writing. A man who is a genius in all things, has mastered all these martial arts, manages to run a Fortune 10 company, never sleeps, fights crime, and is able to somehow to do all this without every getting caught ?
I feel like the critical approach emphasizing realism is perhaps better suited to a Dickens novel than books about aliens who draw near infinite power from the sun and shoot lasers out of their eyes.

I feel like the critical approach emphasizing realism is perhaps better suited to a Dickens novel than books about aliens who draw near infinite power from the sun and shoot lasers out of their eyes.

That's just it - Superman is relatively more believable precisely because we are told he can do all these things because he is not a human. There is no evidence or logic to prove that Superman couldn't exist as he does.

But from our human experience, it is impossible for a guy like Batman/Wayne to exist.

Conceptually, Captain America then probably Superman. In most iterations Batman is most interesting out of the bunch though, and Superman is about as fun as chewing plaster.

I've no idea why anyone would vote Green Lantern, Silver Surfer, Wolverine or Flash. They're gimmicks.

WELL WHEN YOU PUT IT THAT WAY..PLUS HES A SLAYER OF POON NEAR AND FAR

Conceptually, Captain America then probably Superman. In most iterations Batman is most interesting out of the bunch though, and Superman is about as fun as chewing plaster.

I've no idea why anyone would vote Green Lantern, Silver Surfer, Wolverine or Flash. They're gimmicks.

AS FAR AS WOLVERINE AT ONE POINT IN THE NINETIES HE WAS ARGUABLY MARVEL'S MOST POPULAR CHARACTER

Back