Why is the UFC so invested in Jon Jones legacy?

“Avatar courtesy of the magnificent Tartara” lmao.

i was JUST thinking about Tartara while reading this thread, oddly enough. he did an AV for me too once. but he got banned. do you know why by any chance?

It’s evident that UFC really wants to protect Jon Jone’s legacy. The picogram-scandal, tainted supplements, now he gets injured and everything is still revolving around him and his legacy. The UFC seems to really want Jones to complete his career virtually undefeated, hence why there is no talk of him fighting Aspinall or Pavlovich. Have they shown this level of bias with any other fighter?

Why are YOU so invested in tarnishing a good man's legacy?

<{cruzshake}>

Because Francis left with the belt, they want the GOAT to retire as champ so the fans can do the usual and say Jones would have mop the floor with Francis anyway, he is the real champ bla bla bla.

It’s evident that UFC really wants to protect Jon Jone’s legacy. The picogram-scandal, tainted supplements, now he gets injured and everything is still revolving around him and his legacy. The UFC seems to really want Jones to complete his career virtually undefeated, hence why there is no talk of him fighting Aspinall or Pavlovich. Have they shown this level of bias with any other fighter?

Conor, Jones, those are the most relevant to this thread.

Jones has been the goat for years. The hw belt didn’t hurt but would have been the best fighter I’ve ever seen for many years now.
Ufc fans have always seemed to hate great fighters.
I don’t recall pride fans hating wanderlei fedor noguiera cro cop Saku etc. maybe they did and it’s just more people on here overall. But
there is something about mma fans who are only interested in the ufc where everyone sucks outside and then the great ones also suck and are overrated and sometimes they don’t even have to lose

It's funny how the people complaining "Jones is too scared to fight at heavyweight" have switched to "Jones only takes easy fights at heavyweight, like the highest ranked fighter and the greatest UFC heavyweight of all time."

Jones would make Aspinall or Pavlovich look silly. He's not taking those fights because he doesn't take short-notice fights and the money's not there.

Gane has kindergarten level wrestling/grappling sir.

Then he calls out a guy that has a full time job, and hasn't fought in years.
He does that instead of fighting the guy on a 6 fight ko streak in the first round.

You can see how people can say what they're saying.

Jones has been the goat for years. The hw belt didn’t hurt but would have been the best fighter I’ve ever seen for many years now.
Ufc fans have always seemed to hate great fighters.
I don’t recall pride fans hating wanderlei fedor noguiera cro cop Saku etc. maybe they did and it’s just more people on here overall. But
there is something about mma fans who are only interested in the ufc where everyone sucks outside and then the great ones also suck and are overrated and sometimes they don’t even have to lose

We didn't hate Saku, Wandy, Fedor because they were scumbags sir.

your acting like jon jones didnt fought the best fighters this planet can offer

do u want jon jones to fight invading aliens just to save ur hole

We didn't hate Saku, Wandy, Fedor because they were scumbags sir.

i get it. Musicians athletes pretty much anything entertainment based and especially fighters i guess i don’t really care how they live their life outside of being a pedo. I’m fans of valerio and monzon as fighters and they killed their wife and girlfriend. And dozens of boxers who have done alot of terrible things.

Sure jones has done some bad shit but I love to watch him fight.
boxing and especially
Fighting in a cage shouldn’t draw the best and brightest and their morals aren’t even an afterthought for me.
And I still do like alot of Michael Jackson tracks…

i get it. Musicians athletes pretty much anything entertainment based and especially fighters i guess i don’t really care how they live their life outside of being a pedo. I’m fans of valerio and monzon as fighters and they killed their wife and girlfriend. And dozens of boxers who have done alot of terrible things.

Sure jones has done some bad shit but I love to watch him fight.
boxing and especially
Fighting in a cage shouldn’t draw the best and brightest and their morals aren’t even an afterthought for me.
And I still do like alot of Michael Jackson tracks…

You're the one that asked why we didn't hate those guys, and that's why sir.

Jones is one of the best ever and arguably greatest talent in MMA history and has accomplished so much only a select few can match his resume.

It's funny how the people complaining "Jones is too scared to fight at heavyweight" have switched to "Jones only takes easy fights at heavyweight, like the highest ranked fighter and the greatest UFC heavyweight of all time."

Jones would make Aspinall or Pavlovich look silly. He's not taking those fights because he doesn't take short-notice fights and the money's not there.
You mean the perfect stylistic matchup in the division (gane) and the oldest fighter in the top 15 of heavyweight (stipe)? The one who by the time they fight will have not set foot in the cage for over 3 years?

548c8f871b9484949bbf72d639647851

Jones_vs_Santos.jpg

According to the scoring criteria set out in the unified rules of mixed martial arts who do you think won pimblett vs Gordon? Condit vs Lawler? GSP vs Hendricks? Cause it seems like you only care about who the judges pick on a whim, decisions they don’t have to justify to anyone

Which parts were inaccurate? Where was Gane ranked when Jones fought him? And which UFC heavyweight do you put above Stipe?

And if you're going to complain about accuracy, maybe you shouldn't have edited your quote of me to include your subjective opinions rather than my objective facts. Everyone is calling Gane an easy matchup NOW, but before the fight, Sherdog was split right down the middle on who would win the fight. As for "coming out of retirement," there's no evidence that Stipe stopped training, and his layoff would have been shorter than Jones's (32 months versus 37 months).
If I remember correctly stipe said he’s just been lifting weights in the firehouse while working full time

They’re not gonna fight Jon. Jon and the UFC won’t allow it.
yeah

The same way he wouldnt fight Rashad, Chael, DC, DC 2, Gus 2 HW, Gane ?

they won't allow it.
<22>

If there's no money in it, no one will allow it.

Those guys were fighting for free their entire careers so far.

Back