Why has Melvin Manhoef never signed with the UFC ?

Rewatch the fight dude

Until Lawlers KO punch, Melvin was absolutely lighting Lawler up

It looked as though they didn't belong in the same cage

Then Melvin left his guard down and Lawler swung a home run

I remember the fight quite well. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know though that letting your guard down against Robbie Lawler's KO power would lead to Manhoef getting knocked out.

For people saying it's a lucky punch, I guess people need to go back to Manhoef's win against Hunt and claim the same, as silly as that may be.

Lawler won via KO, end of story.

You must have great "Superman eagle eye" vision, or you simply have no idea what you are talking about. Lawler replicated his style from Mike Tyson which was the "pee-ka-boo" bob and weave style.

Lawler bobbed his head under and weaved around to counter with the right hook. That is why his head was down, because he saw Manhoef coming in for the kill.

Manhoef had his arms down and paid for it. No excuses. Lawler was the better man that night.

I have seen the pictures and gifs. It's been done before. He was not looking. I have already been proved right.

You must be trolling right now...

The HW's does sometimes confuse the truth (when it has to do with a zuffa fighter not doing well against a non zuffa fighter usually) with ""trolling.""

Rewatch the fight dude

Until Lawlers KO punch, Melvin was absolutely lighting Lawler up

It looked as though they didn't belong in the same cage

Then Melvin left his guard down and Lawler swung a home run

Exactly I watched that fight so many times. Melvins body kicks looked like they were going into lawlers body. I thought the KO was coming any second then out of no where go to sleep!. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is something an untrained Sherdogger with make believe eagle eye vision who has no idea of fighting techniques would say. Go train Boxing and then come back on here.

Yeah I boxed at Extreem and then Challengers in Sterling heights for about a year. Before that I took traditional Karate for 3+ years.

Since the Boxing I trained on and off with professional fighters. Not so much in the last few years, but I have boxed hundreds of rounds.

Next.

It was a great punch, but the fact is he WAS NOT LOOKING when he threw it. If you DO/HAVE boxed, then you realize you don't have to see your opponent to know where he is all the time.

dunno
would have loved him in the ufc
even with such a terrible chin
too many ko losses, man
its sad
id still like to see him in the ufc though
any name fighter outside the ufc is undermining to the ufc as "the mma league"

Manhoef made a mistake and Lawler capitalized because he had the skillset to do so. If Lawler did not have the skill set with his MMA Boxing then he would not had gotten that KO.

That other moron talking about how Lawler threw a lucky magical punch while having his eyes close is beyond retarded.

I said he wasn't looking.... Because he wasn't looking. Got a problem with the truth loser?

The HW's does sometimes confuse the truth (when it has to do with a zuffa fighter not doing well against a non zuffa fighter usually) with ""trolling.""

I thought Manhoef and Lawler were both technically non-Zuffa fighters at the time of their fight?

I thought Manhoef and Lawler were both technically non-Zuffa fighters at the time of their fight?

We are talking about it now though, right?

I am a Lawler fan. I am going to pick him in the upset v Kos. I honestly think Robbie P4P hits harder than anybody. I personally think if Lawler landed ANYTHING on gsp at 170 he would hurt him. But facts are facts, and Robbie threw that punch blind.

Cause he isn't a top MW. UFC is the cream of the crop.

James Toney
Brock Lesnar

And tons of TUF guys on their cards with crap credentials compared to Manhoef.

Please stfu

i know what u mean with STANDING but u know what i mean with standing (striking) i know what ur trying... but anyway if you want me to say striking ok... but dont play like ur stupid. but still melvin would still out strike leben and lawlor and you know it lol.

Mizuno, a bad striker, dropped him standing.

Lawler Ko'd him too, and would later lose a striking match to an old grappler in his next fight. I get that a lot of people on this forum live like nothing in MMA has changed in the past 5 years, but Melvin hasn't beaten anybody worth anything in a long time. His last great MMA victory was four years ago against an out of shape Mark Hunt.

Lawler Ko'd him too, and would later lose a striking match to an old grappler in his next fight. I get that a lot of people on this forum live like nothing in MMA has changed in the past 5 years, but Melvin hasn't beaten anybody worth anything in a long time. His last great MMA victory was four years ago against an out of shape Mark Hunt.

No question. He actually was in the top 10 at one point. I think he deserves a shot, but he has had some bad showings, and even his righhtfully feared striking can be hit or miss now.

I also think Misaki on NYE was a really good win after the Hunt win.

I have seen the pictures and gifs. It's been done before. He was not looking. I have already been proved right.

Post them gifs then. One throwing a punch with his eyes squinted does not mean he has his eyes closed. The punch was thrown accurately as Manhoef had his arms down. It was not something done from a sixth sense which Lawler had acquires.

You are just a fan looking for dumb excuses. It's pathetic.

Manhoef is dope, but his best days are behind him. I'd venture to guess that when his stock was hotter (2008 or so) he was doing well where he was, professionally, and it simply never came together between he, his management and Zuffa.

Quite a shame. I agree. After his strikeforce run, though, I doubt they're actively pursuing him with the sort of money he feels he's worth.

No question. He actually was in the top 10 at one point. I think he deserves a shot, but he has had some bad showings, and even his righhtfully feared striking can be hit or miss now.

I also think Misaki on NYE was a really good win after the Hunt win.

Misaki is a good (actually great) win, but the stoppage fucked over that entire fight.

Yeah I boxed at Extreem and then Challengers in Sterling heights for about a year. Before that I took traditional Karate for 3+ years.

Since the Boxing I trained on and off with professional fighters. Not so much in the last few years, but I have boxed hundreds of rounds.

Next.

It was a great punch, but the fact is he WAS NOT LOOKING when he threw it. If you DO/HAVE boxed, then you realize you don't have to see your opponent to know where he is all the time.

Again. you don't know jack shit if whether he was looking or not. He reacted on catching Manhoef at that moment while seeing that Manhoef had his hands down.

Even if at the moment he did had his eyes close when the punch was thrown, he still managed to set up the punch as a counter due to his skillset.

No excuses.

I said he wasn't looking.... Because he wasn't looking. Got a problem with the truth loser?

Says who? A nobody like you? LOL. Who the hell are you?

His accuracy in the punch, his set up of the punch, and his countering in executing the punch due to Manhoef rushing in with hands down out weighs your pathetic excuse in that it was a lucky punch.

That's all essentially correct on paper, but your breakdown of the Lawler fight sounds as if you didn't actually watch it.

Back