Why has Melvin Manhoef never signed with the UFC ?

If he wins against kang he will be on a three fight win streak I dnt see any reason why they shouldn't have him manhoef vs Cung would be amazing

Maonhoef vs Leban, Wanderlei Silva or Cung Le would be awesome.

So many stylistic matches for him that would not involved him just fighting to go up in rank by having him fight wrestlers and grapplers.

Mizuno dropped him standing and then submitted him. Manhoef was using the corner of the ring to hide.

i know what u mean with STANDING but u know what i mean with standing (striking) i know what ur trying... but anyway if you want me to say striking ok... but dont play like ur stupid. but still melvin would still out strike leben and lawlor and you know it lol.

idk, but man i really want to see him there. he looked great during his strikeforce debut and then boom! ko'd, man that sucked

Robbie Lawler.

End of thread.

Lawler got whooped for 99% of the fight he threw 3 awesome punches and laid Manhoef out. Exciting fight, honored to see it in person, but Manhoef was dominating. LAwler couldnt even walk right, a couple more of those leg kicks and it woulda been over. I'd love to see him in the UFC against Leben, Sakara, or Stann

Lawler got whooped for 99% of the fight he threw 3 awesome punches and laid Manhoef out. Exciting fight, honored to see it in person, but Manhoef was dominating. LAwler couldnt even walk right, a couple more of those leg kicks and it woulda been over. I'd love to see him in the UFC against Leben, Sakara, or Stann

I was just being sarcastic. But it was a bad KO due to Manhoef doing a big "no no" against a Boxer, which is keeping his hands down. Which is why Lawler was able to counter with a right hook.

It was no different than when Hunt got KOed by Manhoef by running onto him with chin exposed while swinging his arms like gorilla. World class Kickboxers like Hunt and Manhoef should not be doing rookie mistakes like that but it happens. They are still top level dangerous strikers when on their A game.

Last edited:
I don't believe proper grammar should be reserved for lit classes. I've found poor grammar can hinder my ability to understand a post. If you're making the effort to communicate something, please respect the people who are taking time to read your thoughts enough to do it right.

You make a very valid point. I think my issue is when some is like "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh you used to instead of too"

I mean to correct someone for the sake of doing it, is silly. I mean if you can not inderstand the cotext of a sentence or wall of text because of a simple slip like "to" and "too" maybe you need the help?

I was just being sarcastic. But it was a bad KO due to Manhoef doing a big "no no" against a Boxer, which is keeping his hands down. Which is why Lawler was able to counter with a right hook.

Lawler LITERALLY threw a no look punch to finish that fight. His head was down completely, and it looks like his eyes were closed. It was still a good damn punch, and people who have trained a lot realize you can land a TD or punch off feel alone, but still, he was not looking and did not aim with his eyes.

If he wins against kang he will be on a three fight win streak I dnt see any reason why they shouldn't have him manhoef vs Cung would be amazing

cung le and sakara, 2 very winnable fights in the UFC for manhoef that i'd love to see.

Like Sok I would have loved to see him take on a bunch of brawlers in the UFC, woulde have some great highlights by now.

It's almost 2013. He was beat standing by Robbie Lawler, who lost all of his big fights in Strikeforce (including losing his next fight in a stand up battle to grappler Babalu).

Melvin proved he could beat Lawler in that fight. That no look punch was Robbies last stand before laying down because he could not walk anymore. It was a good punch from RL, but gimme a freakin break.

Lawler LITERALLY threw a no look punch to finish that fight. His head was down completely, and it looks like his eyes were closed. It was still a good damn punch, and people who have trained a lot realize you can land a TD or punch off feel alone, but still, he was not looking and did not aim with his eyes.

You must have great "Superman eagle eye" vision, or you simply have no idea what you are talking about. Lawler replicated his style from Mike Tyson which was the "pee-ka-boo" bob and weave style.

Lawler bobbed his head under and weaved around to counter with the right hook. That is why his head was down, because he saw Manhoef coming in for the kill.

Manhoef had his arms down and paid for it. No excuses. Lawler was the better man that night.

Melvin proved he could beat Lawler in that fight. That no look punch was Robbies last stand before laying down because he could not walk anymore. It was a good punch from RL, but gimme a freakin break.

You must be trolling right now...

Too one dimensional, plus there is the chance he could derail any hype train the UFC are watching closely, as he has the power to take out anyone.

This is something an untrained Sherdogger with make believe eagle eye vision who has no idea of fighting techniques would say. Go train Boxing and then come back on here.

You must be trolling right now...

Rewatch the fight dude

Until Lawlers KO punch, Melvin was absolutely lighting Lawler up

It looked as though they didn't belong in the same cage

Then Melvin left his guard down and Lawler swung a home run

I'd love to see him in the UFC. I don't care about his record. He is exciting to watch...in the first round at least :)

Rewatch the fight dude

Manhoef made a mistake and Lawler capitalized because he had the skillset to do so. If Lawler did not have the skill set with his MMA Boxing then he would not had gotten that KO.

That other moron talking about how Lawler threw a lucky magical punch while having his eyes close is beyond retarded.

Rewatch the fight dude

yup ur right and lawler couldnt believe him self that he won in such a fashon after such a beating lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back