Why has Melvin Manhoef never signed with the UFC ?

i said standing...... and i said make them look like wrestlers ofc they can beat them but not out strike him... lets be real only way he would get knocked out if he gets cocky/sloppy and gets cought with a haymaker.

Are you sure? He was beaten on the feet by Tatsuya Mizuno.

You realize this a mma forumn? Not a lit. class.

You ghrammar Nazi get so damn annoying. Shut up about that please.

Idiocracy.jpg

I actually had to post this again. I cannot believe someone is angry about using language correctly in a forum. Am I supposed to ostensively indicate or express how I feel about Manhoef in the UFC? How else am I supposed to communicate with you fella?

Manhoef first round KO's 185 Wandy 8 times out of 10. Not saying he would be top 10 but there are some interesting matchups for him.

I bet you would have said the same thing about Robbie Lawler a couple of years ago too.

What do you mean no?

I said he ISN'T a top MW. You clearly agree, stating he WAS ranked top 20. He ISN'T anymore, though.

UFC is also the cream of the crop.

Sure, but the question was "why has he never signed with the UFC", not "why isn't he with the UFC now"?

Now - whether his ability is good enough or not is borderline and fair to debate.

A few years ago, when he was ranked, winning kb tourneys and becoming the only man ever to drop Hunt, it wasn't. It was almost definitely the desire to kickbox and ability to make more money on the outside.

Are you sure? He was beaten on the feet by Tatsuya Mizuno.
dont troll plz
lol ur funny haha only thing i saw was mizuno trying to clinch with manhoef because he was scared to get cought and then gotten him down and submited him.. didnt even want to stand with manhoef.

The thing is I dont think it is neccessary for Manhoef to be a complete mma fighter to be in the ufc.

His style is exciting and would seel ppvs and tickets. Hecomes out to scrap.

I think its more a promotion thing.

Manhoef vs. Belcher
Manhoef vs. Cung Le
Manhoef vs. Leben

These are all matchups I would pay to see right now, but the reality is that Manhoef will never sign with the UFC, especially after going 0-2 in Strikeforce.

His style is exciting and would seel ppvs and tickets. Hecomes out to scrap.

You spelled, "seal" wrong. Just sayin. :icon_lol:

Hey, man, I'm fuckin' with you. IT'S or ITS cool. I don't know which. Have to ask the other guy.

dont troll plz
lol ur funny haha only thing i saw was mizuno trying to clinch with manhoef because he was scared to get cought and then gotten him down and submited him.. didnt even want to stand with manhoef.

Mizuno dropped him standing and then submitted him. Manhoef was using the corner of the ring to hide.

Cause he isn't a top MW. UFC is the cream of the crop.

Manhoef KOd Ian Freeman who's a UFC vet and who beat the living shit out of Mir. :redface:

Manhoef KOd Mark Hunt who's 3-1 in the current UFC :redface:

Manhoef beats anyone in the UFC as long as the fight's on the feet, but most guys would probably start shooting for TDs as soon as the bell rang

some time ago I saw a photo in which he was with Roger Gracie and Stefan Struve, it seems that Melvin decided to train Jiu Jitsu

Idiocracy.jpg

I actually had to post this again. I cannot believe someone is angry about using language correctly in a forum. Am I supposed to ostensively indicate or express how I feel about Manhoef in the UFC? How else am I supposed to communicate with you fella?

Its not that your using your obvious superior intellect to communicate youre feelings(which is funny in itself).

Look where you are posting. MMA forumn not a lit forumn, not any sort true intellectualy based subject matter.

So you are basically just being a asshole. You trying to find some way to one up a faceless person because in real life you would'nt have the nerve to attempt.

I agree that if you cant even communicate at a basic elementary level, you probably shouldnt be on a forumn period.

However to take pride on debasing indivisuals, because they do not feel like running through spell check. That is just sad and pathetic and shows your character or lack their of.

He's too brutal for the UFC

They're trying to make it mainstream, Manhoef beheading people with right hooks wouldn't go down well

Manhoef KOd Ian Freeman who's a UFC vet and who beat the living shit out of Mir. :redface:

Manhoef beats anyone in the UFC as long as the fight's on the feet, but most guys would probably start shooting for TDs as soon as the bell rang

It's almost 2013. He was beat standing by Robbie Lawler, who lost all of his big fights in Strikeforce (including losing his next fight in a stand up battle to grappler Babalu).

Great wins, but they were from a long time ago. The Freeman win was way back in 2006, so it doesn't really hold any merit for proving Manhoef should be in the UFC.

It's almost 2013. He was beat standing by Robbie Lawler, who lost all of his big fights in Strikeforce (including losing his next fight in a stand up battle to grappler Babalu).

Manhoef just got caught, just like Cro Cop got caught by Randleman. Manhoef was completely raping Lawler until he got a bit too careless and Lawler landed that lucky punch.

Great wins, but they were from a long time ago. The Freeman win was way back in 2006, so it doesn't really hold any merit for proving Manhoef should be in the UFC.

Yeah, I mean, he shouldn't be in the UFC now, he's nearly 40, but I would have loved to see him in the UFC back in 2006.

You realize this a mma forumn? Not a lit. class.

You ghrammar Nazi get so damn annoying. Shut up about that please.

I don't believe proper grammar should be reserved for lit classes. I've found poor grammar can hinder my ability to understand a post. If you're making the effort to communicate something, please respect the people who are taking time to read your thoughts enough to do it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back