Why has Melvin Manhoef never signed with the UFC ?

Tabarnakos

Ghoul Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Was there any sort of talks or mutal interest at some point between the two parties ? I know his showing with Strikeforce wasn't that great but the guy has an exciting style and there are some potential dynamite match ups for him in the UFC imho

Manhoef vs Lombard ? Manhoef vs Vitor ? Fuck sign me in !!!

Cause he isn't a top MW. UFC is the cream of the crop.

Lombard wrestles him.

Vitor submits him.

He was exciting back in the day but now he gases after 2 minutes and isn't as exposive or exciting as he used to be

Cause he isn't a top MW. UFC is the cream of the crop.

Fighters that aren't blue chips or the cream of the crop are signed all the time by the UFC. Some who aren't as exciting as Manhoef. He doesn't need to be matched with the elite but there are certainly interesting fights for him in the UFC imho.

No one is going to tell me that Manhoef vs Lombard wouldn't be guaranteed fireworks :D

Was there any sort of talks or mutal interest at some point between the two parties ? I know his showing with Strikeforce wasn't that great but the guy has an exciting style and there are some potential dynamite match ups for him in the UFC imho

Manhoef vs Lombard ? Manhoef vs Vitor ? Fuck sign me in !!!

1. Word is Manhoef already dropped Lombard in sparring
2. It's "sign me up"
3. Wrestlers

hes record is lacking lately, he was 16-2-1 and 22-4-1, and now is 26-9-1, if is he wins like the next 4-6 fights the way he always wins fights, then the ufc will be interested in him but now not.

I liken Manhoef to Sokoudjou in some ways. He has a lot of power, is exciting to watch, but is not a complete mixed martial artist and subject to the same exposure every fight. I mean, why bother with him in the UFC if the UFC is going to custom tailor fights for him that give him the best chance to win? Isn't that like making a smaller sport within a sport? In essence, not sporting at all.

If Manhoef can find a way to put together win streak against good competition and show he has good take down defense and can handle grapplers then I think there is a place for him in the UFC. As things are now, I don't see why the UFC would waste their time with him at this point.

Lombard wrestles him.

Vitor submits him.

He was exciting back in the day but now he gases after 2 minutes and isn't as exposive or exciting as he used to be

Maybe but i would still take a gamble on him

The simple answer. He probably wants more money than the UFC thinks he is worth. He is well known in MMA and overseas, but the average fan isn't going to buy a PPV b/c of him. UFC probably offered him $15k/$15k on an undercard or something and he said no thanks.

I think because it would be an easy win for anyone with above average wrestling. His standup is nasty though. Pretty sure I saw him in the last 6 months almost knock someone's head off. All the MMA cards blend into one for me after a while though.

Even if they did sign him, Joe Silva is clueless and would immediately match him up with a wrestler anyway.

No

Manhoef was ranked top 20 for a long time.

He has more kickboxing fights than MMA, and couldn't keep doing that in the UFC.

What do you mean no?

I said he ISN'T a top MW. You clearly agree, stating he WAS ranked top 20. He ISN'T anymore, though.

UFC is also the cream of the crop.

There is nothing to say no to in my post.

In the PPV model, he has value, and should be given a shot.

He would actually be the perfect gatekeeper. One dimensional, but good. You have to have a complete game and a game plan to beat him. If you have a complete game, and you execute the necessary stradegies, you can advance to the next level.

He probably always wanted to kickbox also, or the UFC would have shown interest. He KOed Misaki a couple years back, he had value coming off that win for sure.

lets be honest if manhoef comes to the ufc people would love him and ufc too cus he always comes too bang and always goes for the finish and its always finish or be finished with manhoef.

Fuck that...I want him in the UFC styles make fights, with the right opponents he'll destroy them!!! He fucking ko'd Hunt for christs sake!!!! Sign me up for a Robbie Lawler rematch...or let's have Diaz go up in weight and try that pitty pat shit with him(even though I love Diaz) plenty of good fights for him in the UFC.

Punctuation is our friend. Trust me on that. I want him in the UFC my nose hurts and I like cereal from the store you guy buy milk n dat I punch dem in da face. "Christ's sake."

More refinement and precision is a good thing when one wants to convey their ideas to another person.

tHE WHOLE IDEa THAT HE IS OLD OR NOT CREAM OF THE CROP IS DUMB.

hE IS AS ELITE OF STRIKER AS THEY COME.

I think its just him being a foreign fighter with not as much exposure, and then there is the whole grappling thing....

Altough Pride 1st put him against grapplers and most of the time they never got a chance to take him down before he ko'd them

What do you mean no?

I said he ISN'T a top MW. You clearly agree, stating he WAS ranked top 20. He ISN'T anymore, though.

UFC is also the cream of the crop.

There is nothing to say no to in my post.

Top 40 is "top MW."

The UFC has signed guys outside the top 50 numerous times. And they probably currently have 15 MWs outside the top 20.

Manhoef v Lawlar (Tom) would be an epic way to start a ppv.

Back