Why has Melvin Manhoef never signed with the UFC ?

Very simple......He is a promoters worse nightmare.

He can simply walk in and KO just about anyone and then turn around and lose to a very avg. middle of the road fighter(and that has happen to him multiple times in his career). What do you do with a guy like that?????

Punctuation is our friend. Trust me on that. I want him in the UFC my nose hurts and I like cereal from the store you guy buy milk n dat I punch dem in da face. "Christ's sake."

More refinement and precision is a good thing when one wants to convey their ideas to another person.

You realize this a mma forumn? Not a lit. class.

You ghrammar Nazi get so damn annoying. Shut up about that please.

Because he's not good enough to hang in the UFC. He has big power, but not a whole lot else. Everyone in the top 15 at Middleweight smokes him, and I'm fairly sure that even guys like Tom Lawlor and Chris Leben would beat him handily.

if manhoef gets his wrestling better and his submission defence tighter he would be a force in the ufc not top but he would be a threat for any and i mean ANY FIGHTER! in the ufc

tHE WHOLE IDEa THAT HE IS OLD OR NOT CREAM OF THE CROP IS DUMB.

hE IS AS ELITE OF STRIKER AS THEY COME.

I think its just him being a foreign fighter with not as much exposure, and then there is the whole grappling thing....

Altough Pride 1st put him against grapplers and most of the time they never got a chance to take him down before he ko'd them

He got dropped by Tatsuya Mizuno in Dream. I think his striking is a bit over stated these days. The worst grappler on their roster is like a Gracie compared to Manhoef. He is an easy win for any middle of the pack MW they have.

The simple answer. He probably wants more money than the UFC thinks he is worth. He is well known in MMA and overseas, but the average fan isn't going to buy a PPV b/c of him. UFC probably offered him $15k/$15k on an undercard or something and he said no thanks.

tumblr_m85bw9fGtf1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Manhoef knocked out Lombard in the gym because Lombard beats on newcomers and Manhoef wasn't a fan of it. Would love to see the two fight in the cage.

You realize this a mma forumn? Not a lit. class.

You ghrammar Nazi get so damn annoying. Shut up about that please.

Its ok to communicate well. I am not going to apologize for that. Did you read that guy's post? He wasn't even close man. I'm not really being that hard on him, but the first sentence had three completely separate ideas in it that had nothing to do with one another.

I don't think it is much to ask that people try to communicate on a FORUM at least at the 3rd grade level. If you can't do that, kill yourself. Please!!

Because he's not good enough to hang in the UFC. He has big power, but not a whole lot else. Everyone in the top 15 at Middleweight smokes him, and I'm fairly sure that even guys like Tom Lawlor and Chris Leben would beat him handily.

he would smoke lawler and leben standing make them look like wrestlers insted of brawlers hahah

He is a great kickboxer, not top MMA guy

I'm with you on that. I would like to see a Manhoef that trains with a Werdum like Crocop did in order to stifle grapplers. Now THAT would be worth a nice signing. As it is now, Manhoef belongs to a different sport.

Well said. I would love to see Manhoef in the UFC, but there are a ton of barriers as to why he never will.

1. Manhoef still wants to kickbox. Strikeforce let him do it, the UFC will not.
2. Manhoef would likely want decent money for signing, but he hasn't beat a top MW in a long time. His win over Misaki in 2009 was an early stoppage.
3. Manhoef has no wrestling.

Its ok to communicate well. I am not going to apologize for that. Did you read that guy's post? He wasn't even close man. I'm not really being that hard on him, but the first sentence had three completely separate ideas in it that had nothing to do with one another.

I don't think it is much to ask that people try to communicate on a FORUM at least at the 3rd grade level. If you can't do that, kill yourself. Please!!

You need to work on yourself a bit more.

Agreed.

You need to work on yourself a bit more.

I do. ITS ok. But I'm trying. Some people aren't even close. Did ya know that?

Boy that is cute. You were really hoping for that weren't you? Haha!!

Sometimes I confuse the contraction with the possessive in the case of "its" and "it's" because they are not subject to the same rules as most contractions and possessives. I believe with the possessive it is simply "its" when normally it should warrant an apostrophe. Such as, "Chael's wrestling." But hey, I'm trying. I was having a little fun though because that was pretty bad.

Sorry if I peed in your face. Here is a towel.

I am waiting for someone to write, "Epic fail." I knew the, "grammar Nazi" was going to be dusted off and pulled out of the cliche closet. Whoops, I did it again, I didn't put the little squiggle, what is it called, over, "cliche."

It isn't 2006 anymore. He would get submitted by both.

i said standing...... and i said make them look like wrestlers ofc they can beat him but not out strike him... lets be real only way he would get knocked out if he gets cocky/sloppy and gets cought with a haymaker.

Cause he isn't a top MW. UFC is the cream of the crop.

Manhoef first round KO's 185 Wandy 8 times out of 10. Not saying he would be top 10 but there are some interesting matchups for him.

"if you don't like melvin manhoef, you must've sucked a **** once in your life" - teddy roosevelt

Back