why do young professional women have problem dating guys with low paying jobs?

Wow, real people think hypergamy is actually a thing? And, especially neat, the basic premise of hypergamy (men look for fertile, women look for providers) makes women the shallow ones while men are just, what, following their biological urges? Logic more, dude.

Men at least believe in the illusion of love. A man who is friends with a girl, even if he doesn't find her physically attractive from the start, can wind up falling for her for who she is. Woman won't develop feelings for a male friend unless he's well above her caliber. Have you seen pretty women falling for their average male friends because of their personality rather than what they can provide? Why is that? Because a woman chooses a mate based on how much security she can get. Once that friend outperforms her expectations in a mate he will realize the 'friend zone' was arbitrary all along.

Also getting married is relative in terms of Alpha and Beta. So many guys get conned into getting married. That's more Beta in my eyes than a 40 year old star-trek watching virgin. At least he's living for himself still.

Wow, now that I read it the second time it's like a light appeared. It's not that you can't examine your own faults honestly with an eye to changing them, it's that all the women you date are somehow wrong. Oh, dude- happily married to a woman for three years now. You could listen to my advice or the whiny single beta dudes stewing in their own cheeto dust seasoned bitterness. It's up to you.

shit we in the presence of an alpha bro :icon_lol:

what advice have u offered in this thread? You are just provoking and trying to shit on ppl

It's called hypergamy. Women naturally are always looking to date up or marry up, so dating down (which is what most men do) is something they'll rarely do.

It definitely is a load of bullshit and shows how shallow women can be. Imagine if men had the same standards as women (either dating/marrying across or up). There would hardly be any relationships in the world.

This x1000. I can't put it any better than this.

Wow, now that I read it the second time it's like a light appeared. It's not that you can't examine your own faults honestly with an eye to changing them, it's that all the women you date are somehow wrong. Oh, dude- happily married to a woman for three years now. You could listen to my advice or the whiny single beta dudes stewing in their own cheeto dust seasoned bitterness. It's up to you.

lol calm down. Women marry up or across, rarely do they marry down. Men marry down or across, rarely do they marry up. This is a fact. Women don't marry down because they expect men to be as well off or better than them. Men marry down or across because it's pretty much expected, even in 2012.

Well off women refusing to marry down because the man isn't making more than or as much money as her IS shallow. Just like if men did the same thing (which we almost never do).

Oh and I look forward to hearing about your future divorce. Since statistics show she's more than likely to leave you eventually. :)

Men at least believe in the illusion of love. A man who is friends with a girl, even if he doesn't find her physically attractive from the start, can wind up falling for her for who she is. Woman won't develop feelings for a male friend unless he's well above her caliber. Have you seen pretty women falling for their average male friends because of their personality rather than what they can provide? Why is that? Because a woman chooses a mate based on how much security she can get. Once that friend outperforms her expectations in a mate he will realize the 'friend zone' was arbitrary all along.

Also getting married is relative in terms of Alpha and Beta. So many guys get conned into getting married. That's more Beta in my eyes than a 40 year old star-trek watching virgin. At least he's living for himself still.

Yes, I have seen lots of women I know who have fallen for men who seemed 'below their caliber' to me. Of course I have- attraction is weird and specific to the people enjoying it. the alpha beta hypergamy crap you read on the internet is just a bunch of men who are unhappy with how life has treated them in the love department trying to rationalize it. The fact is, if no women are attracted to you,it's not women, it's you. Change something about yourself- execise more, get a hobby, get some real confidence and not that stupid peacocking shit that fake asshats who can barely hold a committed relationship with their jobs let alone a romantic partner go for. Grow up and take responsibility- life is not a stupid movie where the guy gets the girl regardless of what she thinks about him.

lol calm down. Women marry up or across, rarely do they marry down. Men marry down or across, rarely do they marry up. This is a fact. Women don't marry down because they expect men to be as well off or better than them. Men marry down or across because it's pretty much expected, even in 2012.

Well off women refusing to marry down because the man isn't making more than or as much money as her IS shallow. Just like if men did the same thing (which we almost never do).

Oh and I look forward to hearing about your future divorce. Since statistics show she's more than likely to leave you eventually. :)

haha, I assure you, I'm calm as they come- this is an internet discussion and a funny one at that- who thought people actually still thought this stuff!
Actually, most people marry laterally and if there is a move in class it tends to be women who marry down. Because they usually make less than men of the same class.
Why do you make all these assumptions? Lemme guess- still single? Dude, just stop looking at how women can improve and ask how you can improve- I guarantee you'll find all sorts of lady friends in no time! You know what \i look forward to more than you look forward to my inevitable divorce- it's the day you can say 'I don't need or expect women to love me, because it's not their job."

It's called hypergamy. Women naturally are always looking to date up or marry up, so dating down (which is what most men do) is something they'll rarely do.

It definitely is a load of bullshit and shows how shallow women can be. Imagine if men had the same standards as women (either dating/marrying across or up). There would hardly be any relationships in the world.

People need to wise up on this, the societal stigmas against men only cater to their hypergamous nature at this point too. It's seen as perfectly acceptable for a woman to trade up whenever someone better comes along yet there are all kinds of double standards in place to demonize men for not wanting to settle down with a woman who's only using him for his ability to provide.

haha, I assure you, I'm calm as they come- this is an internet discussion and a funny one at that- who thought people actually still thought this stuff!
Actually, most people marry laterally and if there is a move in class it tends to be women who marry down. Because they usually make less than men of the same class.
Why do you make all these assumptions? Lemme guess- still single? Dude, just stop looking at how women can improve and ask how you can improve- I guarantee you'll find all sorts of lady friends in no time! You know what \i look forward to more than you look forward to my inevitable divorce- it's the day you can say 'I don't need or expect women to love me, because it's not their job."

hello tony robbins

Holy crap u r presumptuous. I dunno wit about this thread drew u out of ur posting doldrums and sent u right on that soap box but I simply meant to discuss one particular dating and social phenomenon. And this thread wasn't meant to be misogynistic.

Its interesting to me because as gender equality in workforce has accelerated, this antiquated notion, in part of both woman and man, that the man should be the provider has not caught up. That's the premise of this thread.

Holy crap u r presumptuous. I dunno wit about this thread drew u out of ur posting doldrums and sent u right on that soap box but I simply meant to discuss one particular dating and social phenomenon. And this thread wasn't meant to be misogynistic.

Its interesting to me because as gender equality in workforce has accelerated, this antiquated notion, in part of both woman and man, that the man should be the provider has not caught up.

isn't it funny how the guy who thinks he has all the answers seems to have the most problems?

Its interesting to me because as gender equality in workforce has accelerated, this antiquated notion, in part of both woman and man, that the man should be the provider has not caught up.

I was responding to a particular poster, the quote might have not gone through. I don't know that men can be the provider in this economy- if anyone gets an income it's going to the household. If you mean how men and women are supposed to behave, well, tv images of men and womena re way behind how we actually behave towards each other.

edit- well, the quote did go through. And you and three other posters seem to think I was speaking to them directly. That's, um, unusual.

I was responding to a particular poster, the quote might have not gone through. I don't know that men can be the provider in this economy- if anyone gets an income it's going to the household. If you mean how men and women are supposed to behave, well, tv images of men and womena re way behind how we actually behave towards each other.

edit- well, the quote did go through. And you and three other posters seem to think I was speaking to them directly. That's, um, unusual.

Is your wife beautiful?

She'll trade up same as any other woman given the opportunity.

Not if I trade her in for some nubile twenty-something first! Surely there is some rock bottom with bitterness towards the opposite sex. At some point you are just going to have to say 'well, I guess not every woman on the planet can be the anti-christ, so maybe I might have to self-reflect a bit before I implode on my own angst'.

Cause women are messed up in the head. Status and outside opinions mean a lot more to them then they to do men.

Not if I trade her in for some nubile twenty-something first! Surely there is some rock bottom with bitterness towards the opposite sex. At some point you are just going to have to say 'well, I guess not every woman on the planet can be the anti-christ, so maybe I might have to self-reflect a bit before I implode on my own angst'.

See, I knew we could find common ground. It's when men finally realize that women DO look to them for security and primarily 'wants' that they can make a wiser choice on finding a woman. Once you realize this you may even find a woman who 'wants' YOU and not what you can do for them as you can start seeing through the BS games. Women are clever and their praise is an addiction to us men.

Many men who don't know this find out the hard way and will marry some hot skank that he is hypnotized by. If a man marries is oblivious that his wife married him primarily for 'wants' (Doesn't have to mean money) then the relationship is destined to fail because 'wants' change over time. There are already girls in their mid 20s who are divorced. People are rushing into marriage these days putting their entire faith into 'love' and 'The Way'. The men who realize that these problems are a reality are more cautious about their choice and I'm willing to bet the future of their marriages will be healthier because he will be able to evade 'The way' and instead play by his own rules to find someone to marry.

*The Way - Getting married to the person you got into a relationship with in your 20s. Funny how the majority of people meet their 'true love' during this time... it always happens when you're financially better off than you were before and when she's thinking about children. Your parents and her parents had their expectations and they are proud of you. You go to work, she goes to work, you're going to have children eventually.... you might already have them. It's what everyone does after they graduate college or start their career. This is what is known as 'The Way'. Getting married after having your ducks in a row... and not taking the time to potentially find a better mate. Not saying it's wrong for everyone, but it's wrong for many when the divorce rate is so high and men are paying these ludicrous fees to their ex-wives.

Remember that part in Indiana Jones The Last Crusade when he has to choose the grail? Remember what the Templar said? "Choose wisely". Women have been choosing wisely much better than Men have, it's time for Men to realize they don't have to settle and they can start choosing wisely too.

I believe in true love, it's real to me and my wife so you-all can suck it. Keep looking for something better while happiness is just a true commitment away fellas.

Back