Why can't there be an American James Bond.

47214529-jolly-fat-man-in-tuxedo-and-bow-tie-shows-emotions-on-white-background.jpg

Bond... James Bond... But you know, gub gub gub, my friends just call me JimBo....

That said, I think Michael Fassbender would be a good Bond.

I could see him bringing the pain on a more serious note a la Timothy Dalton.

Yeah as with Dalton he's probably too harsh for a typical leading US blockbuster role but an edgier Bond I can definitely see.

Part of the issue with Bond for me though is that its not a typical role, you basically live the part, your always somewhat Bond in every media appearance and its as much casting for that as onscreen. So its not just a case of putting on an accent and a persona onscreen but rather naturally having it.

Because 007 has always represented all that is Britishly British with his England coming from.

British condescending lol.
SnobbyGuy1.jpg

The concept of an American Bond is almost as bizarre as the concept of a British Rambo.

As far as actors, I can't think of one who could pull off the suave, patrician condescension, let alone a passable accent.

Bond just isn't in our natural character.

He cool, but let the poms have him.

If time travelling exist, I think Gregory Peck in his late 30s to his mid 50s can pull off Bond very well depending on how good of an accent he can pull off.

1-08_original.jpg

gregory-peck-us-actor-wearing-a-light-check-shirt-as-he-looks-to-his-picture-id119941481

Easily the American most capable of handling all facets of that role right now is Chris Pine.

Chris_Pine_2%2C_2013.jpg

But he's tied down as Kirk already.

I remember as a kid watching a movie called ''Our man Flint'. It was a Bond parody. Flint was a kind of super secret agent, and was played by American actor James Coburn!

I loved Flint, remember this as a kid too, some may need to ask their dad about it, or even their grandparents.

We're forgetting the obvious choice ...

Peter-Dinklage-009-1200x500.jpg

Hollywood already tried this. They did 4 movies in the 60s with Dean Martin as Matt Helm:

the-ambushers2_1024x1024.jpg

2898428403_564bf0c4c1.jpg

Those movies sucked. God-awful pieces of shit that they tried to pass off as parody.

Bond is British.

Prime Denzel Washington would have been great, both in the more classic Connery as well as the heavier Craig regime. Val Kilmer might have had a good chance, as long as they didn't make the mistake of allowing him to veer into Moore territory. Had Keanu done Bond instead of MATRIX, I think I would have bought it.

Of the current US actors, I think Michael B Jordan has the wrong voice but the right physique, and he brings a tragic rebel quality that I think well defines Bond to certain degrees. Chris Evans checks a lot of boxes. The accents would be horrible tho.

When Mel Gibson was suggested Cubby flatly said he was too short.

Once Craig is gone, I think Hiddleston or his shorter but superior version Fassbender stand the best chance. I would throw in dark horse Aaron Taylor-Johnson myself.

We already did:

Matt Helm and Our Man Flint

Was thinking the same. It seems it's a lot easier for British and Irish actors to do convincing American accents than vice versa. Not to say there are aren't exceptions.

But people like Bale, if you didn't know he was Welsh, you might never know based on his performances.

Winslet- has masked her British accent very well in certain roles.

Colin Farrell does a great job often, given his thick accent.

There are many examples.

Yea the guy from House. Had no idea he was British until I saw him in some movie one day.

whats a american? an european immigrant after 10 years? lul

because its the british secret apy agency or some shit bro, you can 'erican it, you got Tom Cruise and shit

If time travelling exist, I think Gregory Peck in his late 30s to his mid 50s can pull off Bond very well depending on how good of an accent he can pull off.

1-08_original.jpg

gregory-peck-us-actor-wearing-a-light-check-shirt-as-he-looks-to-his-picture-id119941481

There are are a few of the old school American leading men I could see as Bond, including Peck. But no one really stands out nowadays

We're forgetting the obvious choice ...

Peter-Dinklage-009-1200x500.jpg
He could so f***ing do it.

In fact, now I really want to see an action flick where Dinklage destroys a million bad guys because they idiotically assume he's a nobody because he's a dwarf. Just silencer up through the balls/anus into the chest cavity and up through the top of the head from behinderneath...over and over. Scanners head explosions every time.

OMG, this movie could be so good.

Back