Why can't there be an American James Bond.

You've got Ethan Hunt, he's the American Bond. Cruise even does his own stunts, making him an even better Bond than the actual Bond.

I could see Don Draper from Madmen pullint it off.

Physically he IS Bond.

Question is could he play the part?,

Benico del toro would make for a great James Bond.

I could see Don Draper from Madmen pullint it off.

Physically he IS Bond.

Question is could he play the part?,

Dude definitely looks the part. He's like a more dashing Timothy Dalton (The GOAT Bond). I haven't really seen him acting though

I think that’s the way to go. He’s young enough to be around for a while. I heard he’s a dick though. Ever hear anything about that?

He recently said he's concerned about approaching women in this climate because it could easily turn into a #MeToo situation, so naturally he's a fascist and rapist now

MI films since III have been killing it in my opinion. Cruise really has an awesome franchise here.
So it gets better over time? I figured the recent ones were desperate cash grabs.

It would be nice not hearing the fake American accent so many British actors try. Sounds like advanced AI.

But we have Bourne, Hunt, Ryan, and dozens of others. Let them have Bond.

So it gets better over time? I figured the recent ones were desperate cash grabs.

Yeah for me 1 is a pretty interesting movie but I don't find it having much replay value. It has an exciting opening, a hugely memorable set piece that was largely imitated and spoofed during the late 90s and some intensity. But it doesn't have the pure entertainment value and sense of fun in my opinion that the series ultimately became known for.

2 is like a typical John Woo-ish action movie within the Mission Impossible franchise. To me, it's the least compelling. Some swear by it, but I think a lot of people find it passable and dull. That's the biggest problem for me. It takes a while to get going and it tries for that Woo action poetry element that he does so well but Woo has done that much better in other films. It is sleepy and slow from my perspective.

3 is like a turning point for me. I think of Abrams' movie as the least convoluted plotwise, the most straightforward and it moves at a great clip while the first two had more draggy stretches. The film starts with a big impact and stays captivating throughout.

Ghost Protocol is just awesome top to bottom. Perhaps the most outright fun of the series. Brad Bird who did the Incredibles movies directed this one and it is just one great setpiece after another.

5th and 6th continue the trend. Awesome action and chase scenes, fun characterizations, and strong work from Cruise.

Why would you even ask for an American James Bond? It's like asking for blue colored barbecue sauce-- just no

If time travelling exist, I think Gregory Peck in his late 30s to his mid 50s can pull off Bond very well depending on how good of an accent he can pull off.

1-08_original.jpg

gregory-peck-us-actor-wearing-a-light-check-shirt-as-he-looks-to-his-picture-id119941481

He pretty much owned Mid-Atlantic.

Of course, so did everyone back then.

Barry Nelson was the first James Bond and he's from California.

Idris Elba would be a fucking dope James Bond.

There's a scene from the most recent season of Luther where

a thug puts a gun in his face, and he looks past the guy to his boss and asks "is he havin' a laugh?"

The thug sheepishly lowers the gun.

Hard to explain why, but it was an incredible scene.

Yeah, he would be a fantastic Bond.

I mean an American actor.

We gave you Brits

Batman.
Superman!
Most Superheroes.

Hell we even gave you ABRAHAM LINCOLN!

And Bale is playing Dick Cheney!

I think we deserve a James Bond.

Some candidates:

my boy Leo of course.
RDJ would kill it although he is older now.
James Franco?

That's all i got.

Isn't Jason Bourne the American James Bond? I get pissed when they give British people roles for American characters. Why would I turn around and ask for American people to play British characters? It's hypocritical.

I have noticed that most modern actors seem to be British. I think Americans like their fancy accents or something. But it's really crazy how much of the actor population is British. American actors don't really get many roles anymore.

Back