Why can't there be an American James Bond.

Bales American accent in batman wasnt great imo. Was much better in Psycho although that was a cartoonist yuppie.

One of the standout scenes for me in that film was when Batman takes out The Joke-errrr Bateman takes out Allen. "Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now..!!" so f'n petty. Classic satire in that film.

I thought he did a damn good job in both. American Psycho it had more of a forced affluence/affect to it.

Murica has Jason Bourne and Ethan Hunt already. Let the Brits keep Bond.

Yeah but we have VINCENT DIESEL, the greatest living actor of his generation.

Bourne is the American bond, and he's great.

Yanks can’t do British accents. Hell not many British can do the James Bond accent these days (which is upper class Eton private school in the books).

Trying to think of an American Actor that can do a good British accent.

Rdj does a good Aussie accent. Why not have a drunken racist bogan bond

He can do a pretty good Russell Crowe impression judging from tropic thunder.

DAYQCNfYwhv8_dVLNz_JGNdtf_ZMAESLYx1nNZfJCiMl-MB1MBXCV-iaiYbTt-hh5DEhcsuesawRBJzY8GJvIwt-cHPFZ-oMCWoU-76MMsy1zpB63BowOZ4rMuXCnacVG677b7FkDGEPJzy1i9LnRUs=w290-h162-nc

Okay, gun to your head:

An American actor playing a British Bond, or a British actor playing an Americanized Bond?

I mean an American actor.

We gave you Brits

Batman.
Superman!
Most Superheroes.

Hell we even gave you ABRAHAM LINCOLN!

And Bale is playing Dick Cheney!

British people have to play Nazi's all the time as well though. People think of Nazi's they think of impeccably dressed and groomed gentlemen with posh British accents

We do make pretty brilliant Nazi's though tbf

(I'm talking German Nazi's from the 40's who massacred Jews and tried conquering the planet. Not modern day Nazi's that gave the new Ghostbusters flick a bad review)

Last edited:
British people have to play Nazi's all the time as well though

We do make pretty brilliant Nazi's though tbf

(I'm talking German Nazi's from the 40's who massacred Jews and tried conquering the planet. Not modern day Nazi's that gave the new Ghostbusters flick a bad review)

They also used it in Prince of Persia

I remember as a kid watching a movie called ''Our man Flint'. It was a Bond parody. Flint was a kind of super secret agent, and was played by American actor James Coburn!

I remember as a kid watching a movie called ''Our man Flint'. It was a Bond parody. Flint was a kind of super secret agent, and was played by American actor James Coburn!

They made two of those Flint movies. They were barely better than Diabolik.

Anthony Hopkins played president Richard Nixon.

They didn't get those roles because of their nationality though. Because they're more talented actors and fitting for the roles.

Anthony Hopkins played president Richard Nixon.

They didn't get those roles because of their nationality though. Because they're more talented actors and fitting for the roles.
Nixon has been played by many people and the result is always apathy. Hopkins played him no better than Spacey did. He was an uninteresting bloak.

Back