Why can't there be an American James Bond.

Bond is MI6, no?

Why would there be an American Bond?

That said, I think Michael Fassbender would be a good Bond.

I could see him bringing the pain on a more serious note a la Timothy Dalton.

Bond is MI6, no?

Why would there be an American Bond?

That said, I think Michael Fassbender would be a good Bond.

I could see him bringing the pain on a more serious note a la Timothy Dalton.

IIRC back in the day, to become a member of MI6 you had to have the right background (schools and so on) but also being English not Scottish or Irish.
And certainly not American....
But if we go by accent and posh speaking michelle dockery as the first female bond please.

I mean an American actor.

We gave you Brits

Batman.
Superman!
Most Superheroes.

Hell we even gave you ABRAHAM LINCOLN!

And Bale is playing Dick Cheney!

I think we deserve a James Bond.

Some candidates:

my boy Leo of course.
RDJ would kill it although he is older now.
James Franco?

That's all i got.

Brits will be desperate for a trade deal with US after Brexit so u might be lucky.

British actors get more American roles because they are better at doing American accents (generally), and i heard they are actually cheaper than American actors of the same standing (generally).

I think the path to success as an actor from the UK is much more well defined than it is in USA. There are a number of elite schools and many of the actors you see in hollywood are products of those elite schools.

Also they are specifically trained to do American accents in drama school. Do American drama schools teach their students the different english accents? Not sure

I don’t want to see Bond trade in his martinis and Aston Martins for a Bud Light and a Mustang.

He already started drinking Heineken and got waaaay too serious with Daniel Craig.

I like my Bonds to be a bit cheekier.

tsgq7a9jgmsy.jpg

Can you smelllllelelelellll what the Bond is cooking?

That's s posh cockney accent, right? Exactly like Ian Flemming imagined Bond would sound like. Bet on it.

I mean an American actor.

We gave you Brits

Batman.
Superman!
Most Superheroes.

Hell we even gave you ABRAHAM LINCOLN!

And Bale is playing Dick Cheney!

I think we deserve a James Bond.

Some candidates:

my boy Leo of course.
RDJ would kill it although he is older now.
James Franco?

That's all i got.

You already got Bourne and Bauer. Don't be greedy.

Although if it comes down to a choice between a Yank Bond or a Female Bond...America, fuck yeah!

If you have seen the man from uncle you might agree that Henry Cavil should be the next Bond.

Bourne is the American bond, and he's great.

Bourne had a massive impact on the Bond films. After the first Bourne movie, they re-booted the Bond franchise with Craig playing a grittier, darker version of the character. Which, to be fair, was closer to Fleming's original.

No, just cast Tom Hiddleston as next Bond.

Bourne is the American bond, and he's great.
Agreed. Creating a new interesting character is much better than changing nationality/color/sex/etc. of an existing one.

Tom Hiddleston has my vote.

Tom Hardy close second.

Back