• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why are we still acting as if Izzy won't beat Dricus easily?

Izzy is 10 times the striker that Dricus is. The only reason why he lost to Jan and Strickland is because he was not mentally prepared. Dricus is going to be picked apart badly in this fight. What does dricus bring to the table that izzy has not seen yet? Izzy has fought better strikers and better wrestlers as well.
"The only reason..."

Take your cope elsewhere

Not mentally prepared?
There wasn't even trash talk for the Jan bout, it was the biggest fight he had so far at the time since it had double champ status on the line. If Izzy can't get "mentally prepared" for that then that's on him, but IMO Jan just seemed like the better fighter there.
Bingo. Lost to the better fighter. People can cope however they lime. But that's the fact.

How can anyone beat the mighty Izzy?

Ask:
Sean Strickland
Polish Power
Alex P x 3

Perhaps if Izzy hadn't been returning from a lengthy break, he might have defeated him with ease. However, I can no longer underestimate DDP. In some manner, he continues to succeed, despite him looking like a mentally broken gorilla in the cage. Just keeps pulling rabbits out of his hat.

No he can't. Styles make match up's. DDP's swinging for the fence press forward style will make it extremely easy for Izzy to run his usual style of counter striking.
I tend to agree with this. DDP's style seems prone for a vintage counter KO by Izzy. If nothing else just a repeat of the Vettori fight where DDP just tries to press him against the cage while slowly but steadily losing the striking battle.

Izzy's tougher fights have been when people are calm, collected, clean, technique for technique fights. The two times he caught Whittaker and Pereira were when they decided to swing for the fences, otherwise they were back and forth competitive fights he lost or may have lost. Like his other ones he lost or had competitive fights with.

My hold up isn't on the style match up. Izzy has that on paper. I just have no idea where he's at physically or mentally. He's 34 with hundreds of fights under him, and losing to Strickland of all people while Pereira's gone on to beat Jan, win the LHW belt, and defend, have all probably left him a mental wreck.

The odds will determine everything for me on whether or not I actually bet on Izzy. If he's a slight favourite or even underdog, sure it's worth it IMO. If he's a comfortable favourite then no.

who has izzyy fought that isnt a striker?
yoel? dude doesnt even use his wrestling

if sean can beat izzy
pretty sure ddp can suffocate him for 5 rounds non stop

ddp is in his prime while izzy is declining imo

izzy should be worried about the threat of takedowns
because ddp is the type of fighter that would try to take you down
for 5 minutes

ask the opponents of jones and gsp
on what they felt when fighting a fighter that can take them down
Comparing DDP's wrestling abilities to that of Jon or GSP is insane lmao

people said the same thing about DDP when he was going to face Whittaker, and then when he was going to face Strickland, and somehow he keeps winning. you should realize maybe the way you're analyzing him isn't correct.

I do think that Dricus' wild, chin in the air rush in style benefits Izzy as a counter striker.

But as others have said, Adesanya is getting up there in age, so he might not be as sharp as he once was.

I think he out points Dricus or possibly catches him and stops him, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

i think DDP has better defense than Adesanya does, at least now. and because Adesanya doesn't have a jab, how is he going to keep DDP back? a good counter can, but tthat's way less dependable than a jab is at keeping someone back. Strickland has a good jab and he was having a hell of a time keeping DDP off him.

DDP walks into Adesanya behind that high guard and Adesanya will have difficulties unless he gameplans to go to the body and legs a lot more than he's ever shown in the past.

I tend to agree with this. DDP's style seems prone for a vintage counter KO by Izzy. If nothing else just a repeat of the Vettori fight where DDP just tries to press him against the cage while slowly but steadily losing the striking battle.

Izzy's tougher fights have been when people are calm, collected, clean, technique for technique fights. The two times he caught Whittaker and Pereira were when they decided to swing for the fences, otherwise they were back and forth competitive fights he lost or may have lost. Like his other ones he lost or had competitive fights with.

My hold up isn't on the style match up. Izzy has that on paper. I just have no idea where he's at physically or mentally. He's 34 with hundreds of fights under him, and losing to Strickland of all people while Pereira's gone on to beat Jan, win the LHW belt, and defend, have all probably left him a mental wreck.

The odds will determine everything for me on whether or not I actually bet on Izzy. If he's a slight favourite or even underdog, sure it's worth it IMO. If he's a comfortable favourite then no.
I think physically and mentally he should be fine. The time off probably did good for both, not to mention Izzy tends to bounce back pretty well. None of us thought he would KO Poatan the way he did in the rematch.

No he can't. Styles make match up's. DDP's swinging for the fence press forward style will make it extremely easy for Izzy to run his usual style of counter striking.
ive seen ddp vs rob and sean who has elite striking
guess what ddp proved he can beat them

ive also seen izzy vs jan who is an average wrestler at best
guess what happend

izzy aint anderson silva
silva in his prime doesnt even care if someone drags him on the ground
because his bjj is as almost dangerous as his striking

gonna be a long night if ddp pressures izzy lmfao

Israel's losses to Sean and Jan had nothing to do with Israel not being mentally prepared. He lost to the better fighters those nights, plain and simple.

I am no DDP fan, but I hope he curb stomps Adesanya just to piss you off.
That would just mean Izzy wasn't mentally prepared.

Comparing DDP's wrestling abilities to that of Jon or GSP is insane lmao
you want me to compare ddps wrestling to jan then?
im just saying the threat of takedowns is a big problem
izzy will think alot when trying to strike
he might be even gunshy
ddp is an animal and hes gonna try to take izzy down the whole 25 min
he knows ddp wont stop

ive seen ddp vs rob and sean who has elite striking
guess what ddp proved he can beat them

ive also seen izzy vs jan who is an average wrestler at best
guess what happend

izzy aint anderson silva
silva in his prime doesnt even care if someone drags him on the ground
because his bjj is as almost dangerous as his striking

gonna be a long night if ddp pressures izzy lmfao
DDP barely beat Sean and Jan is in an entirely different weight class to Izzy.

Back