Why are people acting like the first fight doesn't matter?

My take on it is this,

The first fight is what everyone seems to like classify as,

"Hey anybody can get caught/anything can happen in MMA."

However this second fight was a 25 minute match-up of skill set versus skill set and Cain clearly came out as the superior fighter in all areas.

Nonsense. Catching people with a knock out IS a major part of JDS's skill set. You are completely discounting that with this statement.

Your classification is incorrect.

I think a lot of JDS fans are embarrassed: "Oh, JDS is going to knock Cain out within 3 rounds." *JDS gets outclasses "The first fight was more important, JDS would knock him out in the third fight"

I think a lot of JDS fans are embarrassed: "Oh, JDS is going to knock Cain out within 3 rounds." *JDS gets outclasses "The first fight was more important, JDS would knock him out in the third fight"

If you're talking about me, I never said either fight was more important.

1356851833687.jpg

ITT: JSD Fan Boys impersonate the Simpsons Comic Book Guy
"Worst. Victory. Ever!"

1356851833687.jpg

ITT: JSD Fan Boys impersonate the Simpsons Comic Book Guy
"Worst. Victory. Ever!"

You must not have good reading comprehension.

ITT the only people discrediting any win is the people acting like JDS didn't win the first fight.

Well doesn't tonights fight prove that the first fight was a fluke? Cain showed for 25 minutes that he is the overall better fighter. In the first fight cain was coming off that long layoff and simply got cought, tonight is imo what would happen 9 out of 10 times

Cain pillow fists. Seriously dude is the only HW without KO power.

Maybe u should watch the cain v big nog, cain v brock or cain v big foot fights then get back to me and explain how cain did that damage with his "pillow fists"

If I try to punch someone in the face, and I punch them in the face, how can this be considered a fluke?

They're even. Let's see them break that tie now. Unless Overeem knees Cain in the face and takes the belt before then.

Well doesn't tonights fight prove that the first fight was a fluke? Cain showed for 25 minutes that he is the overall better fighter. In the first fight cain was coming off that long layoff and simply got cought, tonight is imo what would happen 9 out of 10 times

So if Cain had actually finished JDS in the first it would have been a fluke?

I guess if JDS was smart he wouldn't have finished Cain in the first round during their first fight, and let Cain barely survive for 5 rounds.

So if Cain had actually finished JDS in the first it would have been a fluke?

I guess if JDS was smart he wouldn't have finished Cain in the first round during their first fight, and let Cain barely survive for 5 rounds.

Yeah this is what I don't get about this retarded thinking either. Junior could have just punched him, not KOd him, let him remain dazed for 5 Rounds and just slowly pick him apart. This idea that the KO is a fluke comes from the idea that Cain is so amazing that the only way he can lose is due to a fluke. But if it happens to someone who nobody thought much of in the first place, then it's just a brilliant win.

Five rounds of ass beating is different than one punch...they're 1-1 anyway, i agree, but i don't wanna see a rematch in 2013.

Well 1 punch to knock an off balance guy to the ground, but about 8 more to stop the fight.

Yeah, but Cain put JDS off balance many times and couldn`t finish him off. Even though Cain took JDS soul, he still couldn`t finish him hahahah!

cain dominated jds.

trilogies are only exciting when there is momentum behind it - ie, jds winning a few fights.

cain dominated jds.

trilogies are only exciting when there is momentum behind it - ie, jds winning a few fights.

Edgar-Maynard III was an immediate rematch, and that was an obvious exciting fight.

Oh, and JDS dominated Cain in their first fight. So there you go.

i don't think jds landed a single significant strike on cain the entire match. leads me to believe the first fight was a fluke. not getting hurt for 25 min while outclasssing the the other guy in ALL areas very impressive but then again cain got ktfo in under 2 min. the 3rd fight will tell who's the better fighter and most likely cain will dominate again.

Back