Why are people acting like the first fight doesn't matter?

insomniatric

I hate my username.
@red
Reaction score
First of all, my hat's off to Cain. He fought a great fight tonight and deserved to take the belt home with him. I'm extremely disappointed about the way things turned out for Junior, but I still have to give props to Cain.

However, there are a lot of people that are acting like the first fight doesn't matter. There's a thread asking JDS fans to admit that it was a fluke, and comparing it to GSP/Serra.

The fact is, Cain and JDS are 1-1 with each other. I know we've had more than enough rematches in the UFC, but I'd really like to see a third fight. If Cain wins again, more power to him, but as a JDS fan I'll be pulling for him all the way.

What do you guys think?

I think people are stupid, and Cain and JDS are now 1-1.

I think I like JDS and hate Cain. I think when JDS said he would be back I didn't believe him and I kinda hoped he wouldn't be back. I think the first fight didn't matter.

5 round dominance > 50 second fluke

That is a very strange argument.

JDS was clearly in zombie mode fighting for survival after he ate that massive overhand in the very 1st round.

Had he fallend and got KOed (like Cain did) instead of fighting till the end would you call the fight a fluke?

Cain is more skilled, and has better cardio.
JDS is more athletic and powerful, also, he can take more punishment.

When things went JDS's way, the fight lasted one minute. Even though Cain obliterated him, he could not put him away.

Between these two, I think it will always play out this way. Early fight, or a long gruesome decision.

Outclassing > landing a hailmary one minute into the fight

Apparently knocking someone out and leaving them lifeless isn't a real victory.

because 1 punch behind the ear shows nothing see gsp serra 1

Lucky for Cain he didn't knock JDS out or his victory wouldn't count either.

First of all, my hat's off to Cain. He fought a great fight tonight and deserved to take the belt home with him. I'm extremely disappointed about the way things turned out for Junior, but I still have to give props to Cain.

However, there are a lot of people that are acting like the first fight doesn't matter. There's a thread asking JDS fans to admit that it was a fluke, and comparing it to GSP/Serra.

The fact is, Cain and JDS are 1-1 with each other. I know we've had more than enough rematches in the UFC, but I'd really like to see a third fight. If Cain wins again, more power to him, but as a JDS fan I'll be pulling for him all the way.

What do you guys think?

i agree 100 percent

Cain's beating was more prolonged. More impressive imo. I mean, what would have been more impressive, Jones koing Shogun with that opening knee or the beatdown he put down on him. Though Jones did finish and Cain didnt.

That is a very strange argument.

JDS was clearly in zombie mode fighting for survival after he ate that massive overhand in the very 1st round.

Had he fallend and got KOed (like Cain did) instead of fighting till the end would you call the fight a fluke?

No, he wasn't in zombie mode, he was just outstruck.

Because it was a 64 second punch to the temple of an injured and out of shape Cain (I know JDS was injured too)

This time they were both 100% and in shape......and it went 25 minutes.....JDS couldn't even hurt him this time.......in 25 whole minutes.

Cain beat JDS in every aspect of the fight, standup, wrestling etc.

Lucky for Cain he didn't knock JDS out or his victory wouldn't count either.

lol!

JDS is very dumb, he should have fallen and gotten KO'ed after that massive overhand instead of fighting till the very end. People would call the fight a fluke and he would look much better

Jds takedown defense was crazy considering his head and body was on queer street for 4 rounds. Props to cain

Because it was a 64 second punch to the temple of an injured and out of shape Cain (I know JDS was injured too)

This time they were both 100% and in shape......and it went 25 minutes.....JDS couldn't even hurt him this time.......in 25 whole minutes.

i hate these excuses no fighter is ever 100 percent

JDS's win was better for the simple fact that Cain was no longer able to fight.

No judges. No decision. KO'd.

Back