Why are people acting like the first fight doesn't matter?

It was obviously enough to knock Cain to his knees. Junior finished him with GnP. Cain had his chance to recover and improve position but it was Junior's night.

Sure it still counts, but I am just saying it was a bit like banking in a 3 pointer in the NBA, they really didn't mean it to be like that and its not something that is going to fall their way all the time.

My take on it is this,

The first fight is what everyone seems to like classify as,

"Hey anybody can get caught/anything can happen in MMA."

However this second fight was a 25 minute match-up of skill set versus skill set and Cain clearly came out as the superior fighter in all areas.

Had JDS just gone lights out when Cain hit him in the first, I would be saying the same thing,

"Anybody can get caught/anything can happen in MMA."

Based on tonights fight, I say Cain is just the better fighter overall. Yes they are 1-1, but I cannot see anything that JDS could do in a third fight other then just hoping for a knockout. We see Cain has adjusted his fight plan to account for with the pressure he put on JDS and maintained despite JDS trying to circle away to get his range.

so it's somehow more impressive what Cain couldn't do to JDS in 25 minutes than what JDS did to Cain in 64 seconds?

strange

No, fighters can recover after big punches, and JDS certainly did. Cain just outclassed him.

We must have been watching different fights. In the fight I watched, it was clear that JDS never recovered from that punch.

I know right? Horrible game planning by JDS and what a shitty corner. Once they saw he was going to keep on fighting they should have thrown in the towel and saved him from humiliation. Can you imagine if he accidentally knocked out Cain in the second? He would be the laughing stock of MMA.

Naw man, they should have had Big Nog do a run in with a chair and pearl harbor Cain, thereby DQ'ing JDS. The champ keeps the belt in a DQ situation, right? :icon_neut

My take on it is this,

The first fight is what everyone seems to like classify as,

"Hey anybody can get caught/anything can happen in MMA."

However this second fight was a 25 minute match-up of skill set versus skill set and Cain clearly came out as the superior fighter in all areas.

Had JDS just gone lights out when Cain hit him in the first, I would be saying the same thing,

"Anybody can get caught/anything can happen in MMA."

Based on tonights fight, I say Cain is just the better fighter overall. Yes they are 1-1, but I cannot see anything that JDS could do in a third fight other then just hoping for a knockout. We see Cain has adjusted his fight plan to account for with the pressure he put on JDS and maintained despite JDS trying to circle away to get his range.

I see what you're saying, but the first fight wasn't just a matter of Cain getting caught. Junior set his overhand up perfectly, and landed it while Cain was trying to counter Junior's lazy jab. It was just an example of why Junior is the better striker (yes, I know Cain outstruck him tonight but Junior's boxing is superior). The punch knocked Cain to his knees, and Junior finished Cain before he could recover. He was clearly the better fighter that night, just like Cain was tonight.

Really??? Then why does GSP get so much hate from the Shertards on here? Cus he sure has a lot of those 5 round dominating performances.....

Well the just bleed crowd hates him, but many others appreciate the clinic that he often puts on. I expect him to give one to Diaz as well.

really??? Then why does gsp get so much hate from the shertards on here? Cus he sure has a lot of those 5 round dominating performances.....

you have just discovered the ultimate hypocrisy. Welcome to the matrix.

Much respect to Cain. JDS is my favourite fighter. Saying the first fight doesn't mean anything is fucking retarded.

That is a very strange argument.

JDS was clearly in zombie mode fighting for survival after he ate that massive overhand in the very 1st round.

Had he fallend and got KOed (like Cain did) instead of fighting till the end would you call the fight a fluke?

Damn good point.

Back